Titanic Toad

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TOADGUTS

TOADGUTS

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

Talisman is a very "toady" game and I view the toad as it's unofficial mascot. So I thought of an adventure card that could give the toad some respect, in either a terrifying or humorous way , depending on how you look at it...

Titanic Toad (animal)
Strength 12
If you are defeated, you must roll the die. If you roll a one, you are gobbled up out the game. But if you defeat the Titanic Toad and keep it as a trophy, any time you become a toad, you become a Titanic Toad for 5 turns. You may move up to two spaces per round.

How funny/terrifying would it be to have a player turned into a humongous hungry toad, chasing the others players around the board, trying to gobble them up? Sounds like a good time to me!

#2 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:29 AM

It is silly indeed! One of the things I work the hardest to avoid, is any possible interaction that might make me a toad. Likewise my wife, coplayer. But it does happen. Your idea makes becoming a toad less scarey than being attacked and eaten by one.

#3 TOADGUTS

TOADGUTS

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

Haha, I figure it would be such a rare card (only one in the whole deck, plus maybe another in the possibly upcoming forest region) so it would rarely come up, let alone someone having it as a trophy while being turned into a toad. It would be a very unlikely series of events, but if it ever did happen, I think the novelty of it would be something a Talisman group would remember forever. If someone's character happens to get eaten by the Titanic Toad, they almost can't even be mad, and will just have to laugh about it.

Edited by TOADGUTS, 21 April 2014 - 09:37 AM.

#4 Thels

Thels

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:55 AM

You might be right about using the toad being a memorable experience, the flip side of the coin, getting eaten by the toad, is likely going to happen a lot more than that. Whoever encounters the toad is likely going to get eaten, unless he already is pretty much ready to head to the inner region.

#5 TOADGUTS

TOADGUTS

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:56 AM

Anyone who encounters the Titanic Toad early on will most likely be defeated, yes (muuhahaha!!) , but there is only a 1 in 6 chance of getting eaten! And even less if they have a fate to spend. And I'd imagine if it was on the board, only one poor soul will have had to deal with it, while all the other players avoid it until they are strong enough to challenge its awesome amphibious power! Amphibious power, hhhm... Maybe if you are a titanic toad, you can freely cross the storm river as well... Yes I like it... FEAR THE ALL MIGHTY TITANIC TOAD! But right now, it's just a legend.. No living being has actually seen one yet. But it's hibernation is nearing its end. And when she awakes, she will be hungry!

Edited by TOADGUTS, 21 April 2014 - 11:33 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS