A favour Owed + "You must take" Followers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vitor_Passos_

Vitor_Passos_

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

I've got a question about the quest reward card "A favour owed". If while drawing adventure cards a Follower that its text rule has "You must take (name) as a follower" is revealed, such as the Jester, I must take him or I may choose not to take him, as written in the "A favour owed" quest reward card?

#2 adjogi

adjogi

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

I believe that you do NOT have to take the Follower.

A Favour Owed gives you the advantage of "...you may take...". Furthermore, it states "..If you choose not to take..." thereby implying the choice is yours.

You are not drawing the cards under normal circumstances. If you are drawing cards and it takes 20 cards till you draw a Follower, you do not have to encounter any of those other 19 cards even though some of them may say you must.

Remember, the Quest Reward is just that - a Reward. It wouldn't be much of one if you had to take Deathstalker, Jester or Poltergeist!

Edited by adjogi, 20 April 2014 - 07:24 PM.

• DomaGB likes this

Welcome to "Monsters & Magic", a NJ based Talisman Game Club!

http://www.njtalisma...onstersandmagic

#3 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:27 AM

I totally agree with you Adjogi.

#4 Rigmaster

Rigmaster

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

We had this discussion during a game a few month back and agreed that you didn't have to take a "bad" follower, however you couldn't continue to draw cards to find a "normal" follower.

"Deathstalker wants to join you. Do you accept; yes or no?"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS