• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

New game today, Glaaki + Dagon & Hydra against another dream team made of Daisy, Mandy, Carolyn, Zoey and poor Dexter. As usual AH, KH, IH, MH in play.

The beginning was a little difficult, with setup Mythos 1 opening a gate at the Witch House, and setup Mythos 2 being Strange Sightings, resulting in a Dhole, a Lloigor, a Spectral Hunter, a Crawling One and two not-so-nasty monsters stacking in the same place. The gate was a Yuggoth gate, duplicate of the gate opening immediately after at the Black Cave so that, apart from  Dexter entering Yuggoth, losing the space potion and becoming LiTaS, everything else was simply smooth.

Glaaki remained in quite a deep slumber, with terror rising due to a Mythos only when I already had 5 seals on the board. The Unique Item Servant did his job, but Mandy and Dexter backed Carolyn returning to Devil Reef with a double Research Materials and she was able to nail the 6th sea on the board.

Victory by sealing gates in 12 Mythos (DOR: 4, Terror: 1, Doom: 9)

2 games missing in the series "Julia vs Dagon & Hydra" (Tsath and Daoloth) and then I'm done with these guys here. Let's see how this goes :)

Edited by Julia, 20 April 2014 - 01:34 PM.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#2 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

Two more wins and it's over.

#3 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

Julia,

You are on a tear!  Good for you, my friend.  Hope you had a nice Easter...I just returned an hour ago and while I in Philly, picked-up all of the large pieces from the KS Project. 

Ciao,

Joe

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#4 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:49 AM

Wolfgar, I do hope it's "just two wins" :laughter: next game shouldn't be too difficult (it's Tsath, hence longish doom track, and I have a party with both Akachi and Silas, so, the odds are good); the last one, Daoloth, could be more of a headache, but let's see :D

Joe, hi! I still have to reply to your latest message (probably in the next couple of hours). We never celebrate Easter, but we had a nice Sunday of games and chores :D Glad you got the large pieces and had a good time in Philly :)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#5 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

Very short update (not enough material to write any interesting session report): Tsathoggua was annihilated in 12 Mythos (closing victory) by Silas, Akachi, Jim, Skids and Monterey. The only trembling in the force was at Mythos 10 where a Mythos card triggered a +1 Terror (and slaughtered a whole family). No biggie, I didn't need any clue anymore.

One to go, and Dagon & Hydra are back home in the ocean.

#6 eagermind

eagermind

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

Congrats Julia! Wow...You have been playing a lot lately (5 games in a week?!).

I can't say the same about me :-(. 

So..what comes after your oceanic adventures? If my memory serves me well, you had already beaten KiY herald & Groth  rotations,right? Is it Tulszcha, BGotW herald, the Dark Pharaoh or....?

Take care. // E.

Edited by eagermind, 23 April 2014 - 08:58 AM.

• Julia likes this

“From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.” 
― H.P. LovecraftTales of H. P. Lovecraft

#7 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:26 AM

Thanks ;) Yeah, last months were terrible, with my husband finishing his PhD and five alpha-tests running at the same time. Crazy. As soon as he defended the title and all the alphas were done, well, you know, Arkham is like coming home again. So, we dived into some glorious madness :D

Indeed, KiY and Groth rotations are done. We'd take a break and have a rotation of AO with Bast in play. Not really impacting, but the general optic is not having always a challenge, but also enjoying the game and exploring all possible solutions and components. So, Bast should allow some more relaxed games. I'll probably implement in some of them The Cats of Ulthar custom Herald (a brilliant creation done by Veet), I want this to be part of the bonus scenarios for the League, so I want to test it out with some calm.

And after that... Dagon alone or the Black Goat. Need to think about that. Anyway, 24 Bast games should keep me company until fall :)

• Wolfgar and eagermind like this

#8 eagermind

eagermind

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

So, Bast should allow some more relaxed games. I'll probably implement in some of them The Cats of Ulthar custom Herald (a brilliant creation done by Veet), I want this to be part of the bonus scenarios for the League, so I want to test it out with some calm.

Meoooow :-)

#9 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

:D

You? ready to go on with the League? With Dj being a little late on schedule, you're the last paladin of Arkham :)

• eagermind likes this

#10 eagermind

eagermind

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

Next scenario is scheduled for sunday  ;) . Looking forward to it.

#11 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

Break a leg!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS