Photo

What does people think about the new cover?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Keffisch

Keffisch

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:06 AM

Chaos, The Inquisition, its all the same. ;)

• ak-73 likes this

#22 ak-73

ak-73

• Members
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:09 AM

Chaos, The Inquisition, its all the same. ;)

I see you have developed Forbidden Lore (Inquisition) +20. :lol:

Alex

• Keffisch, Vandegraffe and AgentShadow like this

My 40K Blog (essentially a Best Of FFG Forums):

http://www.40kroleplay.weebly.com

House Rules, Rule Clarifications, Game Aids, New Creatures, consolidated official Deathwatch Squad Mode rules, 40K Tabletop to 40K Roleplay comversions, etc.

#23 Veruca

Veruca

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

I'm not really fond of the cover, it's too 'busy' for my taste. I would have just prefered the image in the small product icon as seen here. But hey, what's that about not judging a book by its cover? :P We just have to think positive, in that the book will probably be open most of the time anyway. :D

• Simsum likes this

#24 Simsum

Simsum

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:22 AM

A while back there was a minimalist RPG covers thread over at RPG.net which, among many other covers, resulted in this Black Crusade cover:

xbcr45.jpg

My 40K wargaming geek squad use this for our wargaming compendium:

th_863834107_wh40k_122_384lo.jpg

With the exception of FFG's beta rules covers, I like both of these infinitely more than any of FFG's 40K RPG covers.
  • Tenebrae, Veruca and Elior like this

#25 Veruca

Veruca

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:42 AM

Yeah, less is more. The final cover just feels too crowded. That art would have served better as a full spread on the first 2 pages.

Ah well, not like they're going to change it now. :P

• Tenebrae likes this

#26 CoyDK

CoyDK

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:24 PM

#27 Elior

Elior

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:19 PM

Wait a minute how come the GM Kit gets a better cover design than the core book which we all know the core book is the main selling point?  I have to agree with MajorTomK in that the kit looks better.  I rather go with the MajorTomK route, or go with minimum stuff than what we have for a cover now.

They have a cooler looking GM screen for two reasons:

1. It makes the GM look cooler 
  2. The players have to consistently stare at it for a much longer period of time, not to mention more often  :P

• Green Knight, ak-73 and Fgdsfg like this

#28 Moirdryd

Moirdryd

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

On the red outlining... You all know that's the colours of the Inquisition and how the rosette often appears? Black stylised 'I' bordered with a scarlet or blood red...

#29 borithan

borithan

• Members
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:07 AM

I actually like the black and red I. I question the necessity of a second edition, and the picture is bleh, but the I I like (and the GM screen is quite cool too.

#30 Joe_momma

Joe_momma

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:13 AM

Icon as is and solid black background would be awesome.

• Simsum likes this

Nex ut reproba emperetor!

#31 Dareeshi

Dareeshi

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

I actually don't like the large symbol on the cover. There background image is actually a pretty epicly detailed painting showing a bad ass inquisitor surrounded by a bunch of sinister looking cultists and servitors?. So why spoil it by using the least interesting part of the image and cover it with a simple plain black symbol. it's such a waste of the painting. I think the current design belongs on the back of the book.

DH19_Background_800x600.jpg

#32 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:38 PM

I think the cover looks great.

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS