Falcon Question

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 azato

azato

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

Lets say that there is a battle, the dark side declares attacker and the light side declares the Falcon as a defender. The dark side damages the Falcon and the falcon initiates the ability to put a character or droid into play.  Since attackers and defenders have been previously declared, does that mean that the unit brought into play cannot be part of the same conflict that the Falcon just left?

#2 Demas

Demas

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

It depends on the unit.

For now, any unit drop shipped by the Falcon during an engagement is not a participant.

However, in the future there may be a unit with text similar to Kyle, Cloud City Operative, Bothan Spy, or Admiral Ackbar that allows it to join an engagement as a participant later, upon entering play.

Edited by Demas, 19 April 2014 - 07:06 PM.

#3 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

It's just put into play. It would have said put it into play as a participating unit in the engagement if it was part of the engagement.

#4 azato

azato

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

Thanks, that is what I thought but it is great to get the scoop from you guys who have more experience.

#5 Demas

Demas

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:18 PM

No problem, the best reaction example for a future ambush participant is a tweak on DS's Backstabber..."After this unit enters play during an engagement, it may be a participating unit on your side."

#6 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

Another Falcon question. Is it not targeted by the new FAQ ruling that you can't do X if you can not do Y?

So if I pull the Falcon up, do I have to put a character/droid into play?

If this still works, how is it different than the Ewok objective and Killing Cold? Maybe I am missing something.

Thanks.

JS

Edited by Rogue 4, 08 May 2014 - 01:05 PM.

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#7 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:38 PM

@Rogue 4

The Falcon has been essentially errata'd with the new FAQ. The new rules state that you have to be able to resolve at least part of the text on a card. Because there is not two separate parts and it is all one single effect, you must have a character or droid unit in your hand to put into play when you use the Action on the Millennium Falcon.
  • KennedyHawk likes this

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

#8 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:50 PM

It is of note that that is a change from the previous ruling. 

Welcome to the machine!

#9 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

@Rogue 4
The Falcon has been essentially errata'd with the new FAQ. The new rules state that you have to be able to resolve at least part of the text on a card. Because there is not two separate parts and it is all one single effect, you must have a character or droid unit in your hand to put into play when you use the Action on the Millennium Falcon.

It's not so much that the Falcon was errata'd as it is that the rules were errata'd in such a way that the Falcon (as well as a handful of other cards) now work differently.

#10 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

It's worth using the terminology. Returning the Falcon to your hand is the "cost" of its ability. If you can't put something into play, you would be triggering the ability just to pay the cost - which is what that new FAQ entry is prohibiting more than anything else.

#11 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:34 PM

Thanks!

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#12 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:03 AM

@Rogue 4

It's not so much that the Falcon was errata'd as it is that the rules were errata'd in such a way that the Falcon (as well as a handful of other cards) now work differently.

Why I said the word essentially. If I had just stated that the Falcon itself was errata'd, then I would have been incorrect.

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS