Number of dice

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mistherion

Mistherion

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:05 AM

In the box there are just 5 dice. But in youtube, i saw that people are playing with 10 dice. Should i need 5 more or why dont they play it with only 5 dice? What is the difference?
Can you please inform me about it? Thnx in advance.

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:14 AM

Five dice come with the box, but there are cases where you have to roll more than 5 dice (it could happen you roll even more than 10 dice). You have clearly two options: rolling five, remembering the results and rolling again, or getting some more dice. There are a bunch of great dice produced via Chessex (here the link to the thread on BGG), or you can get the official Arkham dice licensed by FFG or you can use any D6 you'd like to use

Edited by Julia, 19 April 2014 - 07:24 AM.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 Mistherion

Mistherion

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:39 AM

Thank you so much for your kindness. I'll consider those opportunities.
  • Julia likes this

#4 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:24 AM

Glad I helped :) And most important: enjoy the game :)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#5 jgt7771

jgt7771

Saving the world from cosmic evil since 2006

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:16 AM

Another keep-in-minder: I've been playing since 2006, and rarely have I ever needed more than 12 dice on any single roll.  Conveniently, most gaming stores/sites sell small blocks of 12 Chessex dice for cheap.  I've put six of these 12-setters in my boxes so all my Cult members get a choice of their own dice...but I'm a dice enthusiast. :rolleyes:

Edited by jgt7771, 20 April 2014 - 05:16 AM.

What was that noise?

#6 Shub-Niggurath

Shub-Niggurath

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:31 PM

I've had a few occasions when I have needed to roll more than 15 dice. I keep 20 of each kind of dice: normal, cursed and blessed.

#7 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:13 PM

Really, if you do a lot of gaming, you are going to need a barrel of d6's. The official ones are nice, but any should work.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS