They look nice. One thing which I did that I think looks better is I did those ripples on the bottom in a light green so it looked like they were coming out of the swampy muck rather than mud. It works less well in most of the tile settings but works better for them.
I am getting grumpy at trying to do the mouths of those worms, there is really not a whole lot to work with in terms of sculpting in there to work with. So i am taking a break and started the zombies today.
Interesting thing i learnt, army painter red ink if you spread it out on a flat surface and let it start to dry out, then clump it back up together makes for some convincing gore. I also have some Tamiya clear red coming in the mail which is supposed to be even better, but to be honest i am pretty happy with what the ink has done.
I'll be going for a fresh corpse kinda zombie as opposed to the kind thats been lingering around for a long time.
Painted Queen Ariad (front & back images)
Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:27 AM
Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:44 PM
and since this one has a base integrated into the miniature, it would have been impossible to paint it black.
But I love the worm, with black bases, just like I would like mine to be !