Photo

Why is Sigmar's "I am the Hammer?" listed as 'Basic'?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

Why is Sigmar's "I am the Hammer?" listed as 'Basic' in the traits?

#2 r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:26 AM

It's an NPC action. The red side says "Used By: Magnus Gottschalk", and there's some NPC-only mechanics (A/C/E) mentioned on the card.

NPCs frequently have abnormal "basic" actions. Why exactly is never really explained, but my personal theory is that at some point in the design process, NPCs weren't going to have access to the normal basic actions.  (In that theoretical model, NPC's only Active Defenses would have been defensive A/C/E spends.)

• Emirikol likes this

#3 GMmL

GMmL

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:42 AM

there are a few cards like that one that caught me off guard. I couldn't figure out what in the hell it was intended for and then flipped it over to find the named NPC on one side.  Eduardo Rodriguez has a few cards like that as well.

Edited by GMmL, 24 April 2014 - 08:42 AM.

#4 Ralzar

Ralzar

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:55 AM

Basic might imply that these are actions that this NPC allways have and is not counted towards the amount of action cards suggested on the npc cards.
  • Emirikol likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS