FFG: how to get new blood

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:14 AM

****... Is that why his handle is Marro? LoL So simple.

Edit: Those 10 design principle articles are excellent.

Edited by mdc273, 22 May 2014 - 10:38 AM.

#42 OKTarg

OKTarg

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:08 AM

Just a note: there is no useless maester in the core set. He can kneel to save himself from MIL claim or Valar. This is very useful in the Core environment.

#43 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

The biggest flaw by far in the existing HBO-themed card game product is that it is a two-player game. The most singularly defining quality of AGoT is the fact that it was designed with multiplayer gaming in mind. The box should have come with Baratheon and Targaryen decks for a total of four distinct, playable decks, or should have been followed-up on with a second two-player box featuring those two. While I feel that the LCG should remain focused on the series' literary form, just as the LotR LCG has no affiliation with the New Line Cinema films directed by Peter Jackson, having a taste of the multiplayer intrigues the game zan offer would have been a slick way for LCG fans to introduce the game to fellow gamers who watch the show.

#44 bloodycelt

bloodycelt

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:25 PM

o.0 While Agot has multiplayer rules, and cards directed to it, I wouldn't say it was designed with multiplayer in mind. The original CCG was oriented for 1 vs. 1. Multiplayer didn't even get heavily addressed until right before the transition to LCG.

You want a good multiplayer game try L5R or Jyhad.

#45 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

Jyhad, definitely. L5R, though? I do hope you're kidding.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS