Photo

Hero Count (a small update with some additional traits)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:28 AM

Leadership (12)

Aragorn (Dúnedain, Noble, Ranger), Théodred (Rohan, Noble, Warrior), Glóin (Dwarf, Noble), Prince Imrahil (Gondor, Noble), Dáin Ironfoot (Dwarf), Elrohir (Noldor, Ranger), Thorin (Dwarf, Noble, Warrior), Boromir (Gondor, Noble, Warrior), Balin (Dwarf), Hirluin the Fair (Outlands), Sam Gamgee (Hobbit), Celeborn (Silvan, Noble)

Tactics (13)

Legolas (Silvan, Noble, Warrior), Gimli (Dwarf, Noble, Warrior), Thalin (Dwarf, Warrior), Brand Son of Bain (Dale), Boromir (Gondor, Noble, Warrior), Elladan (Noldor, Noble, Ranger), Háma (Rohan, Warrior), Beorn (Beorning, Warrior), Beregond (Gondor, Warrior), Bard the Bowman (Esgaroth, Warrior), Théoden (Rohan, Noble, Warrior), Merry (Hobbit), Éomer (Rohan, Noble, Warrior)

Spirit (12)

Eleanor (Gondor, Noble), Dúnhere (Rohan, Warrior), Éowyn (Rohan, Noble), Frodo Baggins (Hobbit), Dwalin (Dwarf), Glorfindel (Noldor, Noble, Warrior), Nori (Dwarf), Óin (Dwarf), Pippin (Hobbit), Caldara (Gondor), Fatty Bolger (Hobbit), Galadriel (Noldor, Noble)

Lore (13)

Glorfindel (Noldor, Noble, Warrior), Beravor (Dúnedain, Ranger), Denethor (Gondor, Noble, Steward), Bilbo Baggins (Hobbit), Bifur (Dwarf), Aragorn (Dúnedain, Ranger), Elrond (Noldor, Noble), Ori (Dwarf), Bombur (Dwarf), Mirlonde (Silvan), Faramir (Gondor, Noble, Ranger), Pippin (Hobbit), Gríma (Rohan, Isengard)

Noldor (6*)

Leadership 1, Tactics 1, Spirit 2, Lore 2

Silvan (3)

Leadership 1, Tactics 1, Lore 1

Dúnedain (3*)

Leadership 1, Lore 2

Gondor (8*)

Leadership 2, Tactics 2, Spirit 2, Lore 2

Outlands (1)

Leadership

Rohan (7)

Leadership 1, Tactics 3, Spirit 2, Lore 1

Isengard (1)

Lore

Esgaroth (1)

Tactics

Dale (1)

Tactics

Beorning (1)

Tactics

Hobbit (6*)

Leadership 1, Tactics 1, Spirit 2, Lore 2

Dwarves (12)

Leadership 4, Tactics 2, Spirit 3, Lore 3

*including the double (Glorfindel, Aragorn, Boromir, Pippin)

Noble

Leadership: Aragorn, Théodred, Glóin, Imrahil, Elrohir, Thorin, Boromir, Celeborn

Tactics: Legolas, Gimli, Boromir, Elladan, Théoden, Éomer

Spirit: Eleanor, Éowyn, Glorfindel, Galadriel

Lore: Glorfindel, Denethor, Elrond, Faramir

Warrior

Leadership: Théodred, Thorin, Boromir

Tactics: Legolas, Gimli, Thalin, Boromir, Háma, Beorn, Beregond, Bard the Bowman, Théoden, Éomer

Spirit: Dúnhere, Glorfindel

Lore: Glorfindel

Ranger

Leadership: Aragorn, Elrohir

Tactics: Elladan

Lore: Beravor, Aragorn, Faramir

Edited by lleimmoen, 08 May 2014 - 09:51 AM.

• Catastrophic09 likes this

#2 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:38 AM

Regarding Captain of Gondor, Wingfoot and the two other attachments supporting Noble and Scout, it is easy to see from the above why Warrior finds support with Tactics and Ranger with Lore. It will be also a good guess that Noble will feature in the Leadership sphere. That leaves out Scout for Spirit. As of yet, there is no Scout hero, only allies such as Snowbourn Scout, Ravenhill Scout or Mirkwood Runner. The only Spirit ally scout I can think of now is Lórien Guide but since the attachments will work on heroes only, this is just for side interest.

#3 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:35 AM

Regarding Captain of Gondor, Wingfoot and the two other attachments supporting Noble and Scout, it is easy to see from the above why Warrior finds support with Tactics and Ranger with Lore. It will be also a good guess that Noble will feature in the Leadership sphere. That leaves out Scout for Spirit. As of yet, there is no Scout hero, only allies such as Snowbourn Scout, Ravenhill Scout or Mirkwood Runner. The only Spirit ally scout I can think of now is Lórien Guide but since the attachments will work on heroes only, this is just for side interest.

It may be that the scout title will be used to help search for scouts in your deck (or a mechanic that benefits with the more scouts you have in play) rather than having to be played onto a scout hero as the two spoiled cards had.

It would increase the value of the scout trait that exists in the game - without us needing to get a load of scout heroes to make it worth having as a card.

#4 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:33 AM

The designers tend to be consistent with such things though. However, I certainly hope these attachments are only beginning to an on-going support for such exciting synergies as these traits may provide. Along the thoughts above, I too hope we shall see cards that will either let you search for cards with certain trait (I have grown very fond of the search mechanic, more so with the Fords of Isen quest); or benefit players who can amass such traits in greater numbers. Like: if all your heroes have the Warrior trait, enemies attacking you get -1 attack (would work twice with Beorn who is otherwise immune). Or: for each Scout ally you control, deal 1 damage to an enemy in the staging area.

Edited by lleimmoen, 18 April 2014 - 05:33 AM.

#5 Teamjimby

Teamjimby

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:19 PM

You are missing Sam in your list of Hobbits.

#6 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

The designers tend to be consistent with such things though. However, I certainly hope these attachments are only beginning to an on-going support for such exciting synergies as these traits may provide. Along the thoughts above, I too hope we shall see cards that will either let you search for cards with certain trait (I have grown very fond of the search mechanic, more so with the Fords of Isen quest); or benefit players who can amass such traits in greater numbers. Like: if all your heroes have the Warrior trait, enemies attacking you get -1 attack (would work twice with Beorn who is otherwise immune). Or: for each Scout ally you control, deal 1 damage to an enemy in the staging area.

The warrior attachment has nothing to do with targeting or affecting Beorn, so it wouldn't work twice. It's just aknowledging that Beorn has the warrior trait. Immunity should have nothing to do with it.

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#7 Ana

Ana

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:40 AM

I think lleimmoen was talking about his "suggestion card" for the warrior trait, obviously.

#8 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:31 AM

You are missing Sam in your list of Hobbits.

Yeah, I was not missing him, but for some reason, he counted as a Spirit hero although above he was listed Leadership. Should be all correct now, thanks.

#9 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:36 AM

Yes, Gizlivadi, I was just making some stupid suggestions, as us players sometimes do with home-brew ideas, though I would never actually play home-brew cards. I would like to see cards benefiting Beorn's warrior trait although he is immune to player cards (as I suggested above), if you get my meaning now?

#10 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:03 AM

It's more likely that we'll get another Beorn card at some point (non-bear form) that can be effected by player cards but has a lot less hit points - and he will have the Warrior trait.

Edited by Rapier, 20 April 2014 - 04:03 AM.

#11 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:37 AM

Lady Galadriel has landed.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS