Onslaught at Arda I

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Canterbury Tail

Canterbury Tail

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

At least it isn't just called "Forest Moon" of the planet Endor. Was Endor a gas giant? I can't remember

Endor was the gas giant, and the forest moon was only ever given the name of Sanctuary Moon in the movies. In RotJ it's referred to as the forest moon of Endor, implying it's around Endor, and the Emperor calls it by name as the Sanctuary Moon. The script specifically gives it the name Sanctuary Moon on several occasions (with that capitalization) and it's spoken in the movie (but often missed.)

#42 Internutt

Internutt

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

Thanks. I completely missed that and I've seen RotJ dozens of times.

Play tester for Age of Rebellion Stay on Target

#43 angelicdoctor

angelicdoctor

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

I've been rereading the Introduction to Star Wars book dealing with a d6 campaign based on Edan and now this is announced! :D

Wow Christmas has come early!

Seriously looking forward to this!

I've been running the Introductory Adventure Game for my kids.  I must admit that this has been the easiest game to introduce role-playing to young players.  We are having a great time battling snow tigers and Imperial Scout Troopers.

If anyone is at all curious about the West End Games version of Star Wars Role-playing, this boxed set is well worth your time, money and consideration.

• awayputurwpn likes this
“Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.” - G.K. Chesterton

"Modesty and unselfishness - these are the virtues which men praise - and pass by."  - Andre Maurois

"We are not able to make cosmological models without some admixture of ideology." - Stephen Hawking, PhD

Enter the Cave of the Cybersteed! An original Mutant Future adventure module.

What is the OSR?

#44 KnightErrantJR

KnightErrantJR

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:33 PM

Regarding other systems with Mass Combat rules that may or may not suck, I rather liked the Savage Worlds mass combat rules, and the one time I actually used them in a game, it worked pretty well for what we wanted it to do.

"The things that we love tell us what we are."--Saint Thomas Aquinas

#45 strongarm85

strongarm85

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:51 AM

I've been rereading the Introduction to Star Wars book dealing with a d6 campaign based on Edan and now this is announced! :D

Wow Christmas has come early!

Seriously looking forward to this!

I've been running the Introductory Adventure Game for my kids.  I must admit that this has been the easiest game to introduce role-playing to young players.  We are having a great time battling snow tigers and Imperial Scout Troopers.

If anyone is at all curious about the West End Games version of Star Wars Role-playing, this boxed set is well worth your time, money and consideration.

I have to agree with you there. The West End Games version of Star Wars is quite possibly the best box set intro rpg of all time.

It came complete with a good introductory campaign that could take many sessions to play through.

• angelicdoctor likes this

#46 Josep Maria

Josep Maria

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

Hi people! One text interpretation doubt.

When they refer to Mass-Combat rules, they refer to the existing ones that already are on GM chapter I think or that they will create a new more detailed mass-combat ruleset?

Thanks!

Be brave and listen to your heart.

6,001 Profile Views. 305 Likes.

#47 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:43 PM

I believe the ones in the GM screen are tactical and the ones in Arda will be more strategic or at least larger than squad scale.

• Josep Maria likes this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze  and D&D 5E  Swords for Adventure

#48 Josep Maria

Josep Maria

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

Thank you 2P51! :D

I made a temporal home made rule. I really want to see those rules... and Rebelion, and Performer book... and Force &... XD

Be brave and listen to your heart.

6,001 Profile Views. 305 Likes.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS