http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4756

• Josep Maria, Tear44, iandimitri and 1 other like this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#2 Gallandro

Gallandro

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

SWEET Jiminy Christmas... Mass Combat rules!!!!

Yancy

• LETE likes this

#3 JHall

JHall

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

So excited for this to be announced! I hope you all like it. I was the author and I am so excited to see it in print to kick off Age of Rebellion!

• progressions, I. J. Thompson, Josep Maria and 17 others like this

#4 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:14 PM

It sounds pretty good.
You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point if EU.

#5 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

My first impression from the article is that this sounds more interesting than the Edge adventures, and I say that as a GM that's generally more interested in Edge than Age.

• Kshatriya and Colyer like this

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#6 Ghostofman

Ghostofman

• Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

Mass combat rules... well that'll be either really popular or deeply despised...

• Jegergryte and polyheadronman like this

MAGIC HEADPHONES PROTECT ME FROM THE SPACE!

#7 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

BAM! Insta-buy.

#8 RogueCorona

RogueCorona

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

So excited for this to be announced! I hope you all like it. I was the author and I am so excited to see it in print to kick off Age of Rebellion!

Congratulations.

Hmm might be an interesting opener to the Rebel exploration campaign my group's GM is planning. Start Arda I than afterwards the party is assigned to the Xanter class Frigate which will be their base ship and sent to hunt for possible new base locations.

• LETE likes this

#9 Lotr_Nerd

Lotr_Nerd

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

My first impression from the article is that this sounds more interesting than the Edge adventures, and I say that as a GM that's generally more interested in Edge than Age.

Ya I generally do not buy the edge adventures but for this I will make an exception to my no published adventures rule for Star Wars rpgs.

#10 RogueCorona

RogueCorona

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

Ya I generally do not buy the edge adventures but for this I will make an exception to my no published adventures rule for Star Wars rpgs.

I, and those in my group usually just buy them for any new ships, weapons, upgrades, or setting info hidden within but I think this one might be an exception though. Hopefully the next AOR adventure will have fleet combat rules.

#11 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

• Members
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

Mass combat rules... well that'll be either really popular or deeply despised...

I've seen good mass combat rules in exactly zero systems, but every system I've played that has them is MUCH more rules-heavy and non-narrative than Edge. So this should be interesting at least. I'm not banking on greatness, and still feel like "when action isn't centered on the PCs, GM fiat is the quickest way to resolve it, not NPC vs NPC dice rolls" but my interest is piqued nevertheless.

#12 DrNate

DrNate

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

I have seen one good mass combat rule in the original edition of L5R. Nothing since. 

Just curious, is Katrina Ostrander related to the great John Ostrander and Kim Yale? 

Totally agreed that this looks head and shoulders above Edge of the Empire's early offerings. 

#13 Desslok

Desslok

• Members
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

So realizing that you cant divulge anything between the covers, of course - how hard would it be for a GM to adapt the game to a EotE campaign? Smugglers not necessarily working with the rebels, but accidentally caught up in the plot?

#14 copperbell

copperbell

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:37 AM

I've been rereading the Introduction to Star Wars book dealing with a d6 campaign based on Edan and now this is announced! :D

Wow Christmas has come early!

Seriously looking forward to this!

#15 GMmL

GMmL

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:27 AM

So realizing that you cant divulge anything between the covers, of course - how hard would it be for a GM to adapt the game to a EotE campaign? Smugglers not necessarily working with the rebels, but accidentally caught up in the plot?

I'm probably looking at that scenario myself. Still in think tank mode. It wouldn't be hard to have a group of smugglers be in the right place at the wrong time to get swept up in the adventure, but that'll only go so far in an Age campaign.

#16 DrNate

DrNate

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

It should be simple for some EotE non-rebellion affiliated characters to accidentally get caught in this adventure. Give them a lucrative "delivery" job that happens to drop them into the middle of the adventure. Or, this one is a little harder, activate one of their obligations. 

#17 FangGrip

FangGrip

• Members
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:25 AM

It may actually be referring to the Mass Combat rules that are supposed to be in the GM Screen/Guide for AoR.

• GMmL likes this

Check out a truly universal RPG with Free Starter Rules at www.AlphaChronicles.com!

Check out the Consummate Gamer Blog for everything that isn't Alpha Chronicles.

#18 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

It may actually be referring to the Mass Combat rules that are supposed to be in the GM Screen/Guide for AoR.

Pretty sure those are just for running with a squad/squadron. This sounds bigger than that.

#19 FangGrip

FangGrip

• Members
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

Pretty sure those are just for running with a squad/squadron. This sounds bigger than that.

It would be a very similar set of rules, if not identical.  This system can scale up very easily with minion groups and mass combat.

Check out a truly universal RPG with Free Starter Rules at www.AlphaChronicles.com!

Check out the Consummate Gamer Blog for everything that isn't Alpha Chronicles.

#20 Jegergryte

Jegergryte

• Members
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

Aye, I foresee many, lengthy and quarrelsome discussion threads on this (the native version of flame wars we so often find here), where anonymous people slug it out about why it is utter crap, non-realistic, stupid, moronic, retarded, waste of paper, and so on in a pretentious bid of authority, superiority or somesuch nonsensical quest for recognition and acceptance, even entitlement... these will of course be opposed by those that like it, love it, find ok, good enough, narrative enough, tactical enough and so on, in a similar bid for whatever recognition or authority one finds along that route.

And this will continue until threads are closed or people get sick of it and stop of exhaustion, as it has been shown that even reasonable and rational arguments often won't make someone change their opinion, in fact it will only make them defend it more strongly - however pathos filled, wrong, uninformed or groundless it is. What an autumn this will be :ph34r:

• That Blasted Samophlange and iandimitri like this

Make sure your brain is engaged, before putting your mouth into gear.

"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

GMLovlie's/Jegergryte's Cubicle direct link to supplements here.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS