Spice Visions and Protect

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

I want to make sure I have this right. If Zuckuss is the target of a tactics icon, can I play Spice Visions to convert the focus to a damage and then transfer it to Emperor's Royal Guard via Protect?

My understanding is that Spice Visions does not change where the damage is coming from, it is just changing it to a damage instead of a focus, so Protect should still work.

Yes? No?

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#2 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:52 AM

Nevermind. I found an answer on cardgamedb.com

http://www.cardgamed...ns/page__st__20

Comment #24 and #25.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#3 CooMasterCoo

CooMasterCoo

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

I initial though is yes. Sounds good. Correct me if I'm wrong but protection is something like "when damage is dealt to to protected unit place the damage on this unit instead" something like that.... If is was shielding then no because you are initiating it yourself and a shield token can not be removed.

#4 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

I initial though is yes. Sounds good. Correct me if I'm wrong but protection is something like "when damage is dealt to to protected unit place the damage on this unit instead" something like that.... If is was shielding then no because you are initiating it yourself and a shield token can not be removed.

Right, though if the Zuckuss had a shield he could just use that to stop the tactics in the first place.

#5 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

I thought you could only use Protect if the damage was coming from an enemy effect or resolution of combat icons.

EDIT: Wow, I was wrong about that. The rulebook doesn't mention anything about enemy effects. I guess I had shields mixed up with Protect.

Edited by Budgernaut, 16 April 2014 - 01:10 PM.

--Count Dooku

#6 CooMasterCoo

CooMasterCoo

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:37 PM

Right, though if the Zuckuss had a shield he could just use that to stop the tactics in the first place.

True. And yes you can only use protect from damage. I was pointing out earlier that if you caused damage to your own unit (spice visions) then in that case you can not remove a shield. Protect is merely redirecting someone else's damage to say 'Guardian of the Peace'. She has shielding and protect. You could remove the shield in that case. Sound right?

Edited by CooMasterCoo, 16 April 2014 - 07:42 PM.

#7 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:47 PM

I think we're on the same page:

Protect can redirect damage, regardless of the source.

Shield tokens can be used only against damage from an opponent.

#8 CooMasterCoo

CooMasterCoo

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

Perfect.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS