Deathwatch script writers wanted.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 thudo

thudo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:56 AM

Update: we're making considerable progress now and should have everything scripted in the next couple of weeks then voicing will commence. Thanks to everyone who has helped us so far. This will surely be one for the ages!

• ak-73 likes this

#22 thudo

thudo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

Ok Generic, Space Marines, and Misc/Xenos sections for Battlefield spottings are done.

Remember, unless otherwise noted, all lines are spoken by a Grand/High Inquisitior.

Here is the first draft:

Generic War40k Factions

Spoiler

Space Marine-Specific
Spoiler

Traitor Legion-Specific
Spoiler

Imperial Guard/Astra Militarum
Spoiler

Misc/Xenos
Spoiler

Any feedback or additional scripts are VERY welcome and encouraged!

Edited by thudo, 12 August 2014 - 09:02 AM.

#23 thudo

thudo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

No one have any feedback or additions to the above?

#24 Misha

Misha

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

Don't worry!Its really good, question though. Since when have Raven Guard hate Blood Angels? I could see by their insults to each other. Otherwise great work. I don't have any additions yet but I am thinking of some.

#25 thudo

thudo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

Thank you Misha for your support.

Suprised you were not aware the long outstanding angst between the near-mindless berzerker assaults that are the Blood Angel Rushes verses the calm, calculating, strategic pin-point attacks of the Raven Guard. Raven Guard commanders disdain recklessly charging the enemy which BA does hence the fricition between the two working together. Both have always head-butted each other through time but yes its not an all-out hatred but in a Kill-Team when both could be forced to work together they would both obviously take the opprotunity to snipe at each's others preceived failures. ;)

#26 thudo

thudo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

Imperial Guard/Astra Militarum Spottings for Deathwatch now updated a few messages above. Spottings for Deathwatch are thus done apart from some minor tweaks AND (hopefully) some comments/suggestions or additions from this community (would be so welcome)!.

#27 Misha

Misha

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:56 AM

How about,

"Eradicate with extreme prejudice!"

"Do not fear, the scum are here." (in a mocking/scorning voice)

"I thought there would be a challenge... ah well."

"Join the army they said, see the world they said." (a classic)

"Rot in hell... you already are aren't you?"

"Flee to your masters like the pups you are, I want some real action!"

This are only some ideas. I like the upgrades you did, they sure made it better. Could you send a PM telling me about the game you are making? Just to get an idea. I could help in the story? Sorry if I got ahead of myself.

#28 thudo

thudo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:03 PM

Thanks Misha.. However, I am unsure where to put your quotes in a Deathwatch project.

Remember the asteemed Ordo Xenos has Astartes members thousands of years old while the Inquisitors are incredible pompous a-holes.

Your quotes best suit an IG/Astra Militarum outfit as they are more raw/rough compared to an ancient Codex Astartes who speaks in High Gothic. ;) Although, some of them may fit the unruly Space Wolves. ;)

Basically we have all of War40k voiced with the Deathwatch being the final piece after years on this crusade. There is too much to say what we've done and what we still have to do but we're basically translating the War40k TT to the PC using the game Dawn of War has a springboard to do so. However, all our work can be used going forward to other future projects.

#29 Misha

Misha

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

I suppose this is a bit pushing it but wondering if you would add the Redemption. And if someone answers with the Sisters of Battle or the Ministorum I am going @*&$!. The Redemption would need a lot of war whoops because that is what they do best. Here are some for example.

"Redemption! Redemption! Through blood and through fire!"

"For the Emperor and the Throne!"

"Burn! Burn!"

"Hang the heretic, murder the mutant, attack the alien!"

If not, ignore this post as senile bumblings of an aging man.

#30 thudo

thudo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:11 PM

Now that sounds more the Chamber Militants like Sisters of Battle or Ordo Hereticus OR perhaps something chanted within the confines of the Inner Circle among the Unforgiven. Still hmmm.. I see those being added somewhere but heavy on the religious side of cleansing. Gotta love how War40k mixes super-high tech with the religious. ;)

#31 thudo

thudo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

Deathwatch spottings all updated above now. Moving to finish the final characters now.

#32 thudo

thudo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:23 PM

Almost finished! 98% done.. Check HERE for current progress.

#33 Lord Master Igneus

Lord Master Igneus

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

Where can we check out the mod itself?

Also I believe I did a few voiceovers for you two years ago.

#34 thudo

thudo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:45 AM

- Its still in the design phase right now deciding on what direction it will go in considering Deathwatch has many moving parts and opinions vary on how to handle it.

- What was your handle as a VA for us? I do not recognize the alias, Igneus. ;)

#35 Lord Master Igneus

Lord Master Igneus

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:02 PM

- Its still in the design phase right now deciding on what direction it will go in considering Deathwatch has many moving parts and opinions vary on how to handle it.

- What was your handle as a VA for us? I do not recognize the alias, Igneus. ;)

I was Soul Drinker on the Relic forums, I mostly did chaos people for you.

#36 thudo

thudo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:28 PM

I'll need your actual name as for VAs we don't normally use aliases for credit purposes. ;) Soul Drinker.. I do know that though. :D

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS