Any ETA on a release?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 cps

cps

• Members
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:38 AM

Isn't he UK like Games Workshop stores central? Do they not stock the roleplaying game from which their own setting spawned?

If they're anything like the US stores, no. They know their number one money maker is toy soldiers, so anything that that takes sales away from that is verbotten.

#82 Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise

• Members
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:46 AM

Yeah, I've never seen an FFG product in a GW store. 

#83 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:07 AM

That's...incredibly short sighted and silly...

• alemander, LordPasty, Snowman0147 and 2 others like this

I've made an expanded Divination table for Dark Heresy Second Edition. Find it here: 

http://community.fan...general-thread/

#84 Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise

• Members
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:11 AM

That summarises a lot of GW business decisions, really.

• Darth Smeg, alemander, LordPasty and 3 others like this

#85 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:59 AM

Ok, my retailer got it now so I should have the books in my hand next week or the week after that.

#86 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:12 AM

I also asked them here - they said, they don't sell any of the RPG titles, nor do they sell the ultramarines movie or other not directly GW product.

I also don't see how that should be a good decision, as the cross-selling potential would be quite high.

Respect your brothers and you will also be respected.

#87 Lexdamus

Lexdamus

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:33 AM

They don't even mention to their customers in GW that these RPG games exist. The last time I was in a GW chatting with other customers. None of them had a clue what dark heresy was or the other d100 40k games out there's existence. It's incredibly short sighted. 

Edited by Lexdamus, 23 August 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#88 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

GW don't stock what GW don't make.

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#89 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

They are giving out the licenses, but are not directly participated in the sales I guess.

So they allow the RPG, but they dont really care. Its not core business.

#90 FL00ny

FL00ny

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:52 AM

Thats what i found out in a GW store in Antwerp. They are even not allowed to do anything else in the stores besides playing, selling actual GW products. So yeah, gw licences out theyr IP but is bad on capitalixing on it.

But back to my earlier question. My google fu has failed me completley and thats why i actually asked here about a lovation in london to get my hand on one copy of the new vore rulebook. I am sailing still for the next 3 weeks and would have plenty time to start preparing for a game to start when im nack on dry land :)

#91 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:39 AM

Thats what i found out in a GW store in Antwerp. They are even not allowed to do anything else in the stores besides playing, selling actual GW products. So yeah, gw licences out theyr IP but is bad on capitalixing on it.

But back to my earlier question. My google fu has failed me completley and thats why i actually asked here about a lovation in london to get my hand on one copy of the new vore rulebook. I am sailing still for the next 3 weeks and would have plenty time to start preparing for a game to start when im nack on dry land :)

Amazon should have it available.

#92 Gridash

Gridash

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:08 AM

Ordered my copy of Dark Heresy 2nd edition and Tome of Decay today, we'll see how quickly it arrives. :)

Edited by Gridash, 24 August 2014 - 04:09 AM.

#93 GauntZero

GauntZero

• Members
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:53 AM

Usually not too long, you should receive it within next week, I guess.

• Gridash likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS