Any ETA on a release?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 Panacco

Panacco

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:56 AM

I live in Sweden, and generally we have to wait a few weeks/months before FFG products reach our corner of the world. My question is tho, when is the US release? Is there a date set or some kind of estimation?

#2 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:02 AM

The announcement said Third Quarter, whatever that means.

I've made an expanded Divination table for Dark Heresy Second Edition.Find it here: 

http://community.fan...general-thread/

#3 Niqvah

Niqvah

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:38 AM

Third Quarter means July–September.

I would expect this in September, since summer is generally a bad time to release anything (except children's movies).

#4 GMmL

GMmL

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:54 AM

This industry has a pretty severe GenCon fetish, though. Maybe August?

#5 Kasatka

Kasatka

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

The standard deal with FFG is that they pay a premium to ship over an advanced load of a product for GenCon. The rest of the shipment will arrive a few months later at their warehouse in the US. Its then another 2 months untill we get anything over here in Europe (November time from my experience).

• Green Knight, Simsum and Snowman0147 like this

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper.

Only those that prosper may truly judge what is sane.

#6 ak-73

ak-73

• Members
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

3rd Quarter means: "As usual". Also, I had DW Core days after it was released in the US.

Alex

Edited by ak-73, 16 April 2014 - 12:44 PM.

My 40K Blog (essentially a Best Of FFG Forums):

http://www.40kroleplay.weebly.com

House Rules, Rule Clarifications, Game Aids, New Creatures, consolidated official Deathwatch Squad Mode rules, 40K Tabletop to 40K Roleplay comversions, etc.

#7 Drama

Drama

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

Is there a pre order with 2nd edition. I was not apart of the beta but really want to see what the differences are. If there is a pre order I will definitely come up with the money for the release.

#8 Simsum

Simsum

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

Is there a pre order with 2nd edition. I was not apart of the beta but really want to see what the differences are. If there is a pre order I will definitely come up with the money for the release.

If you own Black Crusade or Only War, that's basically the difference.

• knasserII likes this

#9 cps

cps

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

Simsum you missed the totally kickin' rad part where you get to set your character sheet aside for 20 minutes and use the statblock of a moderately-powered NPC. That's new and exciting.

• Simsum and Scyndria like this

#10 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

Damnit, more waiting for me!

#11 Simsum

Simsum

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:15 AM

Simsum you missed the totally kickin' rad part where you get to set your character sheet aside for 20 minutes and use the statblock of a moderately-powered NPC. That's new and exciting.

Yeah that part makes all the difference :D

#12 knasserII

knasserII

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:30 AM

I'm not going to hang around here and become a routine moaner over what was lost, but I wish FFG had stuck with their original plans for DH2. I did playtests and it was vastly improved. It's a real shame that grognards persuaded them to back down from the revisions.

Edited by knasserII, 19 April 2014 - 06:30 AM.

• UncleArkie, Green Knight, Simsum and 3 others like this

I lack credentials.

#13 Drama

Drama

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

Well I didn't play test it at all. I heard of the new careers and exciting changes they would be making and just for that reason I'am sold on the idea. Makes me wish I bought the beta and play tested the game to at least speak my voice. Although a new sector to fight in and new careers seem pretty cool. I can live with keeping it main stream so to speak.

Edited by Drama, 19 April 2014 - 09:51 AM.

#14 Scyndria

Scyndria

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:35 AM

The newer (is that even a word?) version of the beta discouraged me and my group to buy it, cause we already had a good time with Only War.

We have no problem in different systems etc. But having 2 almost identical games (system wise) gave us that reason..

In the future, we may buy it, but not around the release date.

• knasserII likes this

#15 Scyndria

Scyndria

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:43 AM

You may say "Oh Scyndria, you are all wrong.. There is so many new features and.."

Yep.. Features that may not make any sense/broken/F*c* the system totally..

As some mentioned earlier in this thread, the ability to hire stronger npc to support your mission.. Why even give the players that ability.. You could easily just gm'it to work, make it all scenematic etc. 

#16 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

We're getting off topic here. The op asked if there was a release date. There isn't per say, end of thread. Let your feelings about the edition go.

• Simsum, Snowman0147, Elior and 1 other like this

I've made an expanded Divination table for Dark Heresy Second Edition.Find it here: 

http://community.fan...general-thread/

#17 MajorTomK

MajorTomK

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

We're getting off topic here. The op asked if there was a release date. There isn't per say, end of thread. Let your feelings about the edition go.

Seconded....

Inspired by the avatar of ThenDoctor I will guess the ETA by saying: "it will arrive precisely when it means to."

• Superraiderman likes this

"Quit hitting me with those negative waves" - Oddball

Yellow Card warned not ignored

Red Card ignored for month

Black Book Ignored forever:

#18 jburgos

jburgos

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

In which case Im really looking forward to picking this up as well as SW: Force & Destiny beta at Gen Con this summer.

Edited by jburgos, 20 April 2014 - 09:57 AM.

Member of RPG Lab

#19 Simsum

Simsum

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

Oh quit being so reasonable :P

#20 Kuanor

Kuanor

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

The standard deal with FFG is that they pay a premium to ship over an advanced load of a product for GenCon. The rest of the shipment will arrive a few months later at their warehouse in the US. Its then another 2 months untill we get anything over here in Europe (November time from my experience).

Thx, and what about translations in other languages? Do they take longer or are they in time with the english Europe release?

Edited by Kuanor, 21 April 2014 - 04:38 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS