Epic Moments

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:56 AM

Uf, my english is limited but i think this is a good idea to post, and i hope i can explain it here: post epic moments.

This post is open for players that can display moments in his game that they could play good combos, good lucky, etc.

The only limitation i would add is games about minimum 3 players (becasue if not, you can repeat games easily until to reach the epic play you are thinking about to want to play).

Mmmmh, better one example. The example that it moves me finallly to open this post:

In 4 players, i was playing a caldara deck. In Fords of Isern, when we pass to 3a, and we added 4 more dunlendan enemies to staging. In that moment there was 10 enemies in staging, i had Damrod... :) and i used. -10 threat i got. But i used Caldara to return Damrod to play and i returned to use.

This is a epic moment: -20 threat by Damrod in only one round.

Edited by Mndela, 16 April 2014 - 02:57 AM.

• DurinIII and ZanzibarLand like this

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#2 Dwarf king Bronze beard

Dwarf king Bronze beard

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:09 AM

Well i dont remember what guest i played with my friend, but situation was this: My friend had Aragorn with sword that was broken and myself had Faramir in play and when we guested i used Faramirs ability to give all my friends charecters 1wp and with that sword, only my friends will power was over 40! It was pretty cool XD

Oh and other was when i played into the pit: My starting hand had 1 gandalf and 2 sneak attacks, then when i guested i tougth that i dont need to use my gandalf sneak attack combo (i know i was so stupid) and then i got that sudden pitfall trachery card and my hero died! O_O

Pretty nice...then try again XD

#3 7theye

7theye

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:13 AM

I remember one game (believe it was Carrock) when I had the last troll and all of my hereos were either dead or exhausted and as the troll was going to attack and kill the last one a sneak attack gandalf did him in :) Gandalf saves the day just like the scene in the Hobbits!

• Dwarf king Bronze beard likes this

#4 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

Last games i have played a Gloin deck. 50 cards around to get tones of resources using Gloin's hability.

Well, one of the allies is Longbear Map-Maker. It is thought when i can't spend more resources, i have empty hand, etc.

M1179.png

And it is true, he is very powerful ally! I have won the 2 last games thanks to his hability. For example Foundations of Stone. First comment the cards that are good for him: Bifur (lore and can get one more resource for his hability); stewards on Bifur; 2 errand riders to change resources from Gloin to Bifur. Total 6 resources each round for increase the wp of Longbeard Map-Maker. And remember his first 1wp impressed, and +1 bonus by my 3rd hero: Dain.

1. I had tones of resources on Bifur first time i used, in 2b. We quested a lot and we needed 7 wp points to pass to 3a. No problem, i could spend them thanks to Map-Maker.

2. Alone in 3b, i could pass in the first round without problems thanks to him (i got a 11quest poinst card).

3. And finally when all friends return to join in 4a. Just was revealed a good location (and this is the better epic moment between so many here, lol): Mithril Lode

M1483.png

We win at the same round, we traveled here and i could use Longbeard Map-Maker in refresh phase (before was exhausted). I got thanks to Bifur, Stewards, etc., the enough willpower to trigger the text of the location and place 11 progress tokens on 4b, just to win the game. Lol, without arriving quest phase! Very very good because i never thought it. :)

Edited by Mndela, 22 April 2014 - 09:05 AM.

#5 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

Had a pretty epic moment this morning... I was playing Redhorn Gate with the Hobbits With Attitude deck and ready to move to stage 3B.  Pippen already had a copy of Freezing Cold attached (-2 WP, hero can't quest, if a hero ever has two copies of freezing cold attached discard from play).  So I'm on stage 2B and I quest like heck with everyone, including a hard cast Gandalf.  I exhaust Faramir to give everyone a +1 WP boost (knowing that Caradharas is going to give a -1 WP, if a character ever has 0 WP discard from play).  I figure Pippen is a goner...

Reveal a second copy of Freezing Cold!  Attach to Pippen, discard from play.  But wait!  Return Landroval to my hand and put Pippen back in play with no Freezing Cold attached and 1 wound.  Games ends two turns later and Pippen shaken but not stirred.

"I will not be released in the second quarter!" - Nalir the Dwarf

#6 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

Congratulations, i like to play Caldara here and i attach to her the Freezing Cold ^^.

PD: how did Pippin die?

#7 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

Landroval can't save heroes from being discarded, he can save them from being destroyed. So, misplay on your side.

#8 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:06 PM

AAAArrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!

The first time I ever try to Landroval's ability and I eff it up.  So Pippen dies, but Arwen still makes it.

Mndela - Card 3b says to discard any character with WP of 0 or less.

"I will not be released in the second quarter!" - Nalir the Dwarf

#9 7theye

7theye

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:23 PM

Had a great morgul vale today. One deck threats out, 2 wounds on the nazgul and only tactics deck with 47threat and legolas and beorn and beregond. Hard cast gandlaf with my last 5. 3 wounds on nazgul. Figure with no questers have to go for broke here. He quests for 4(no questers otherwise) and I reveal Orc vanguard. Defend the nazgul with beregond and SOC and he goes to 4 wounds but kills beregond. Defend vanguard with chump but get shadow that raises threat by 2 to 49. Legolas kills the vanguard with a black arrow and beorn kills the nazgul just before refreshing to 50 threat.

So epic! Last possible play and beregond falls killing nazgul and legolas and beorn kill the board with gandalf arriving to save day.
  • ZanzibarLand likes this

#10 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:00 AM

A wizard is never late... :) , only comes the last round.

• richsabre, DurinIII and Dwarf king Bronze beard like this

#11 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:43 AM

Today me and one friend have played 2 nightmare quests: Anduin and Hunt for Gollum. We won both, even making higscore.

I played a Gondor leadership deck. Good deck: a lot of allies, cheap gondor allies (playing Imrahil), and a lot of quest points (playing Aragorn + Sword broken, visionary leadership)....

But the another player played a monosphere lore deck. Almost no allies, and the heroes were Pippin, Bifur and Mirlonde. But power control about the encounter deck....

The epic moment was:

Hunter of Gollum, in 2b, 4 tokens to explore the quest card. Agh! We placed 6 tokens... we need 4 more! Omg... we can't delay more time, nightmare cards are coming....lol.

Solution: the lore guy played Ravens of the mountain.

M1634.png

It was revealed the eagle, but this event doesnt 'look', so it was not engaged. Yeah! Oh, but.... we need 2 more progress tokens, damn! We must wait one more round in adittion.

But... no problem! Scroll of Isildur.... Ravens was recycled and... lets go! The next card (the deck is reshuffled) was a 2 threat card. We pass!

Really lore cards make the life in the middle-earth more more easy. :)

PD: the hero exhausted by Ravens was Pippin with 2 Fast Hitch

Edited by Mndela, 07 June 2014 - 10:46 AM.

#12 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

Actually Ravens of the Mountain does instruct you to "look" at the card -- they errata'd the card a couple of FAQ versions below.  Doesn't look like this would affect your win though.

Old:

ravens-of-the-mountain.png

New:

M1634.png

#13 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

I had an epic all-heroes-and-allies-dead-moment when I played against Assault on Osgiliath earlier today. I was stomped to death by 5 enemies: Uruk Soldier, Orc Arbalesters, two Southron Commanders and...wait for it...a Mumak! I got slaughtered during this combat phase. I usually fare very well against this quest as it can end rather quickly when you don't reveal too many Osgiliath locations. This time however, the enemies flooded out early and stomped me dead! 

I have had so many cool epic moments in my favor that I can't even remember a good one right now! :P

• spalanzani likes this

#14 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:56 AM

I knew Ravens was errated, but i didnt know there was the 'look' word. But, as you say, it doesnt affect the win. Thanks anyway.

PD: Dunhill --> it is an epic fail ^^

#15 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:03 AM

Epic moments = my first real multiplayer game after around 1.5 years solo play. I know its not 'In game epic' but its still epic :D

In momet epicness... the first and only time I flew through return to mirkwood solo when it was still seen as near impossible... only time I ever bothered it solo :)

• DurinIII likes this

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#16 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

Finally just beat The Watcher in the Water without killing the Watcher and by escaping through the doors of durin, heres what I put in my notes for the quest log:

Used the doors of durin successfully for the first time ever! A tentacle killed Elladan shortly after the watcher came out as I arrived at the second stage. This weakened Elrohir and put me in a bad position (still had a mountain warg harrasing me and very low resources on Elrohir to defend with as well as no steward on him..) so I tried the doors just for fun discarding 3 cards total one of which was Gildor Inglorion, the revealed encouter card? GRASPING TENTACLE! G and G! the doors of durin opened and the next turn I quested with everyone for a total of 15 willpower against 9 threat getting 6 progress and finishing the stage with the victory points from the doors and 6 progress tokens. Every other time I've beaten this quest I've killed the watcher, actually looked a bit grim and like it would possibly be a loss until the luck of the doors came through for once, awesome game!!!

• danpoage likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS