Colonel Jendon got nerfed

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Zeyar

Zeyar

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:10 AM

Edit: I've been explained that this is only a clarification, meaning colonel Jendon is able to grant a target lock to a ship without the target lock action in its action bar, in addition to ships that have the target lock action themselves. 

Edited by Zeyar, 16 April 2014 - 02:31 AM.

#2 Kyoss

Kyoss

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:13 AM

Say what?

Could you link the FAQ for unbelievers like meself?

Edited by Kyoss, 16 April 2014 - 02:13 AM.

#3 Zeyar

Zeyar

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:16 AM

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4750

The new F.A.Q. can be found here. 

The Colonel Jendon card has red text to indicate a change.

#4 Forgottenlore

Forgottenlore

Midnight Dreary

• Members
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:18 AM

It does not in any way say that. What is it about that entry that is making people see an "only" in the text? You are like the fifth person to post today thinking it is some new restriction. Jendon's entry is a clarification of his existing rule. (hence why it is in the section named "clarifications" All it is doing is making it clear that his target doesn't have to have the TL action in their bar. His ability stays exactly the same as it was, it does not say he can ONLY give a lock to such ships, just that those ships can be given locks.

Seriously, where is all thus confusion so many people are having coming from?

Edited by Forgottenlore, 16 April 2014 - 02:19 AM.

• Vorpal Sword, Darthfish, Slugrage and 1 other like this

Thanks, Troy

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary....

#5 Zeyar

Zeyar

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:23 AM

It does not in any way say that. What is it about that entry that is making people see an "only" in the text? You are like the fifth person to post today thinking it is some new restriction. Jendon's entry is a clarification of his existing rule. (hence why it is in the section named "clarifications" All it is doing is making it clear that his target doesn't have to have the TL action in their bar. His ability stays exactly the same as it was, it does not say he can ONLY give a lock to such ships, just that those ships can be given locks.

Seriously, where is all thus confusion so many people are having coming from?

Its coming from me being a new player and not grasping all the nuances of the game yet. But thank you for clarifying my confusion, albeit in a slightly unfriendly way. I'll edit the main post

• Vorpal Sword, Forensicus, mrkyle and 2 others like this

#6 Forgottenlore

Forgottenlore

Midnight Dreary

• Members
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:26 AM

Its coming from me being a new player and not grasping all the nuances of the game yet. But thank you for clarifying my confusion, albeit in a slightly unfriendly way. I'll edit the main post

Sorry. Wasn't really directed at you or anything. Like I said, there have been a lot of people making the same mistake and my confusion about why just happened to bubble over onto you.
  • Forensicus and Darthfish like this

Thanks, Troy

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary....

#7 Forensicus

Forensicus

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:01 AM

Sorry. Wasn't really directed at you or anything. Like I said, there have been a lot of people making the same mistake and my confusion about why just happened to bubble over onto you.

"As Our Lord saideth; Beware whence Thou is feelingth bubbly with the Confusion. It is the Devils work and can leadeth to harsh postings in Forums"

;)

• KineticOperator and JJFDVORAK like this

2014 X-Wing Regional Champion (CPH, Denmark)

Fleet: 1 x [YT-1300] -  5 x [X-Wing] - 4 x [A-Wing] -2 x [Y-Wing] - 2 x [HWK-290] - 4 x [B-Wing] - 1 x [Transport] - 1 x [Tantive IV]: 2 x [Firespray-31] - 8 x [Tie Fighters] - 6 x [Tie Interceptor] - 3 x [Tie Advanced] - 3 x [TIE-Bomber] - 3 x [Lambda Shuttle]

"Hangars": BattleFoam P.A.C.K. 432 & P.A.C.K. 216 with custom & pluck foams "Battlefields": 3 x Gale Force 9 Mats

#8 stegocent

stegocent

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:59 AM

How can anything in this game get nerfed/buffed or changed in anyway??
Things that are unreleased can be changed, sure, but things that habeas been released and sitting on shelves in a store waiting to be bought can not be changed unless FFG wants to send out replacement cards then NO!
FAQ's are for clearing up misunderstood wording NOT changing what we have payed good money for.
This is not warhammer or Flames of war where we have an army book for the rules of our chosen faction that gets replaced every few years.
If FFG wants to go down this road then they had better start making card packs.

Empire: 7 Tie/In, 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Tie/Int, 2 Imperial Aces  4 Tie/B, 2 Firespray-31, 3 Lambda

Rebel: 6 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 4 B-wing, 1 Yt-1300, 2 HWK-290, 2 GR-75, 1 CR-90

#9 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:19 AM

How can anything in this game get nerfed/buffed or changed in anyway??
Things that are unreleased can be changed, sure, but things that habeas been released and sitting on shelves in a store waiting to be bought can not be changed unless FFG wants to send out replacement cards then NO!
FAQ's are for clearing up misunderstood wording NOT changing what we have payed good money for.
This is not warhammer or Flames of war where we have an army book for the rules of our chosen faction that gets replaced every few years.
If FFG wants to go down this road then they had better start making card packs.

...that would be the road of offering additional clarification for those who might misunderstand the effect of an existing card?
  • Darthfish likes this

#10 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:57 AM

Tell that to Daredevil. I agree that it's better if they don't have to change cards, but I'd rather play with a card balanced through the FAQ/errata than have a useless/overpowered card.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#11 stegocent

stegocent

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:27 AM

Tell that to Daredevil. I agree that it's better if they don't have to change cards, but I'd rather play with a card balanced through the FAQ/errata than have a useless/overpowered card.

That's what play testing is for.
If they are too lazy for that then they had better start making card packs.

Empire: 7 Tie/In, 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Tie/Int, 2 Imperial Aces  4 Tie/B, 2 Firespray-31, 3 Lambda

Rebel: 6 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 4 B-wing, 1 Yt-1300, 2 HWK-290, 2 GR-75, 1 CR-90

#12 stegocent

stegocent

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:29 AM

How can anything in this game get nerfed/buffed or changed in anyway??Things that are unreleased can be changed, sure, but things that habeas been released and sitting on shelves in a store waiting to be bought can not be changed unless FFG wants to send out replacement cards then NO!FAQ's are for clearing up misunderstood wording NOT changing what we have payed good money for.This is not warhammer or Flames of war where we have an army book for the rules of our chosen faction that gets replaced every few years.If FFG wants to go down this road then they had better start making card packs.

...that would be the road of offering additional clarification for those who might misunderstand the effect of an existing card?

800 + posts and yet you don't bother to read before replying......

#13 Khyros

Khyros

Advocate of A & E Wings Everywhere

• Members
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:40 AM

How can anything in this game get nerfed/buffed or changed in anyway??Things that are unreleased can be changed, sure, but things that habeas been released and sitting on shelves in a store waiting to be bought can not be changed unless FFG wants to send out replacement cards then NO!FAQ's are for clearing up misunderstood wording NOT changing what we have payed good money for.This is not warhammer or Flames of war where we have an army book for the rules of our chosen faction that gets replaced every few years.If FFG wants to go down this road then they had better start making card packs.

Several cards have been errated and changed in minor ways.  The most recent example is Swarm Tactics, that previously was a mandatory effect.  

Lots of things have been errated, mostly because of the interpretation we have given them was different than what was intended... Daredevil was combining with R2 to make it a green move, so they changed it.  Expert handling was allowing you to double barrel roll because it told you to preform a barrel roll, not to take a barrel roll action.  Swarm Tactics did not have the "may" word at the beginning of the turn, so we interpreted it as a mandatory event, which was different than what FFG wanted it to be.

And then there are the "changes" because there was a consensus on how something worked, but FFG has clarified it worked a different way.  For example, before the W3 FAQ, there was nowhere that stated that you cannot complete a boost if it bumps... it was common to think that because that's how barrel roll worked, but it could have been changed.  Kinda like how the rules for when you can measure have changed.  Without the rules, it was widely considered that you could measure basically whenever where ever... now you can only measure if what you're doing requires a measurement.  That's a change that FFG made to the game that was based on our assumptions and the game not playing out the way they intended.  They also changed how initiative was earned, so squads (read, alpha strikes) that don't want it, can now under cost themselves to give it away.

Note, almost all of these changes are for the better.  Most provide further clarity so we can correctly rule on future cards without having to wait for an FFG FAQ clarifying it.  A few are 'confusing' but most can be logical from at least one point of view.

• Vorpal Sword, Hexis, Slugrage and 1 other like this

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#14 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

You're posting on a thread about the FAQ ruling about Colonel Jendon, which isn't a nerf, buff, or change of any kind. It's possible that you're ranting about changes not related to the clarification about Jendon's ability, of course, but I assumed that you were attempting to address the thread topic. I sincerely apologize for the error, and I'll try not to repeat it in the future.
  • Forensicus likes this

#15 Dagonet

Dagonet

• Members
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:50 AM

The snark is strong in this one.

#16 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:06 AM

That's what play testing is for.
If they are too lazy for that then they had better start making card packs.

So....your argument is that FFG is too lazy to playtest their products, which resulted in a few minor errors. But you payed money for the erroneous cards, so the solution is to have you pay more money for replacement card packs rather than give you the corrections for free on the internet? Where does laziness enter this again?
  • Forensicus, Khyros, Rhinoviru3 and 2 others like this
Be seeing you.

#17 Zeyar

Zeyar

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:12 AM

So....your argument is that FFG is too lazy to playtest their products, which resulted in a few minor errors. But you payed money for the erroneous cards, so the solution is to have you pay more money for replacement card packs rather than give you the corrections for free on the internet? Where does laziness enter this again?

This :)

• Forensicus likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS