2014 REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - May 18 - Ottawa, ON

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TheComicBookShoppe

TheComicBookShoppe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

There will be a SW LCG Regional Championship at CanGames on May 18, 2014 at 2pm. 

16 spots open, register online at www.cangames.ca.

Email shoppe2@thecomicbookshoppe.com for more information.

See you there!

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

Only 16 ?

#3 AussieJedi

AussieJedi

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:45 PM

I believe space might be hard to come by. I will be going, so I look forward to seeing you there Toqtamish! Does this mean it will only be three rounds?

#4 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:16 AM

I won't be there just surprised at the small size. Too far a drive not enough notice.

#5 AussieJedi

AussieJedi

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:31 AM

So, Toqtamish, if there are max 16 ppl, does this mean it will be three rounds only?

#6 KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:37 AM

According to the rules distributed in the US the minimum number of rounds is 4.

2014-04-17143356.jpg

#7 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:18 PM

So, Toqtamish, if there are max 16 ppl, does this mean it will be three rounds only?

Four rounds is the lowest regionals can go. Cut to top 4.

#8 AussieJedi

AussieJedi

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

@ Toqtamish, there is another one in Gatineau, Quebec at Multizone on the 7th of June. It would be awesome to meet you, maybe play some 40k if you bring your army too and of course play some Star Wars.

Gatineau, if you don't know, is located right next to Ottawa, just across the river and the store is about 10 mins from the downtown of Ottawa.

#9 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:01 AM

I'm considering it but that's a 14 hour drive so need to find some company to split driving and gas with. It's at least far enough away can try to plan something.

I don't play 40 K minis anymore. Just waiting on the card game now.

#10 AussieJedi

AussieJedi

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:18 AM

If you are in town past the Monday after you are welcome to come to a board games club that I attend. It is held at a local pub called The Royal Oak and we usually get at least 50 people attending, with sometimes 80 like we had last Monday.

I am in charge of the Star Wars LCG and although we have a small amount of Star Wars players in comparison to the board gamers, its a dedicated group. I have run Star Wars LCG leagues there in the past and if you happened to attend, we would hold a mini tourney in honour of your visit.

The location is perfect for gaming, since we tend to get there early and stay late and of course there is beer, which makes decision making around gaming always interesting!

https://www.facebook...23023187762466/

#11 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:06 AM

If we did come it would be a lightning trip of driving there, playing and driving home. 

The gaming store I go to down in Halifax sells beer in the store too. Makes tournaments more relaxing. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS