Photo

Do Children of Abhoth go to the Outskirts?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:34 PM

Like it says in the title. I was playing a game of Arkham Thursday against Abhoth (Joe Diamond, Sister Mary, and Hank Samson; Win by Final Battle) and the children kept getting sent to the Outskirts because we were all in the Other Worlds at the time. So, my questions are

1) Do they go to the Outskirts if they appear if they would exceed the monster limit?

2) Are they placed before or after the monsters from the surge are placed?

3) Do they count as part of total monsters that appear, or are they separate?

#2 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,588 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:55 PM

I'll state right up front that Children of Abhoth are Spawn monsters, as indicated by the red circle on the front of the monster. Spawn monsters have a few unique properties, the most relevant of which is that they don't count against the monster limit and never go to the outskirts. So:

1) They don't go to the Outskirts, period.

2) The order doesn't matter because they can't be sent to the Outskirts

3) They are independent of the monsters placed. You place the monsters produced by the surge and then add the Child.

Edited by Tibs, 14 April 2014 - 10:55 PM.

• The Professor likes this

#3 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

Wolfgar,

Tibs has this one answered 'spot-on' from myriad sources.  For some reason, this question regarding Spawn monsters is asked with fairly great frequency in different forms.

Cheers,

Joe

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#4 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

See, I didn't think them winding up in the Outskirts seemed right, but I couldn't place my finger on the exact rule. Thanks guys!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS