Don't panic and sell the other DungeonQuest

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Thing In The Attic

The Thing In The Attic

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

Many players will undoubtedly want to upgrade to this new revised streamlined version, i know I do. I hated the combat system of the 3rd edition and always use the Dice roll mechanic.

Many players also want this game to support more than 4 players too.

I think with the new revised edition there is a way, and it' means you can keep your old version.

the new version has spoiled a card that isn't in the current edition so there well may be other new cards in the game so buying the revised edition will give you new cards new mechanics and an extra board and tiles etc.

My idea is to put the boards old and new, which should be the same, side by side so that the stairs to the entryways join. The new optional rule of moving to any entryway from any entry way means you can now field up to 8 players moving across boards via the entryways.

You could put all the decks together or keep them separate, use one sun track or use both having 2 stages ie 2 days, with a penalty after day one, one as day and one as night. you can have two separate dragon chambers or have them both be the same room from which you can go to any board (thematically teleporting between chambers or have them as different levels of the same chamber).

the catacombs can now spread under both boards meaning you could go on and on and not 'crash' into the wall so easily

I think there is value in keeping your old game and buying the new one.

#2 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

I love the 3rd edition fighting mechanics. But it would be better in an another game, for sure

#3 tarasis

tarasis

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

I would hope they would do a conversion kit for the previous release, but it guess that's unlikely. Honestly I really should sell my copy as I rarely play it though my son likes playing it.

#4 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

I don't think there's really that much to convert.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS