Rules verification

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DarkRaven47

DarkRaven47

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

I'm still a noobie at this game and came across a couple of scenarios that I haven't encountered before.

1) When the terror level reaches 10 and the monster limit is removed, what happens to the monsters in the outskirts? I didn't see the answer in the rules under the terror track or monster limit sections, but of course I could be blind.

2) There is a rumor that forces you to add a monster to the card at the end of each mythos phase. These monsters don't move nor count toward the monster limit. If you close or seal a gate, do the monsters with the same symbol get removed just like they normally would? Or are they immune from that effect?

#2 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,561 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

1) Should there happen to be monsters in the Outskirts when the Terror Level hits 10 (a rarity, but possible), the Outskirts is emptied. This isn't in the rules: it was later clarified in a FAQ.

2) No, the monsters aren't on the board, so board-related effects like banishment by closing a gate simply don't work. You have to fight them one-on-one.

Edited by Tibs, 13 April 2014 - 02:45 PM.

• The Professor likes this

#3 DarkRaven47

DarkRaven47

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

Thank you as always!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS