Lucky Interceptors

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 AdmiralThrawn

AdmiralThrawn

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

All imperial pilots out there know the feeling of your Soontir Fel with five green dice being one shot and a third of your points just drifting off into space. Interceptors, although in my opinion are the most fun to fly, depend a lot on luck. We've all heard the sad stories, but what are your luckiest/Most payoff moments with the most agile ship in the imperial fleet?

"Information always matters. Bad information leads to bad tactics. Incomplete information leads to flawed strategy. Both can lead to defeat."

#2 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:20 PM

Wooh, which story shall i start with

1) my TIE with 2 hp and no tokens is at range 3 through an asteroid. Opponent HWK attacks, rolls 1 crit. I roll 5 blanks /eyes into a direct hit.

2) Soontir PTL Stealth roll boost into range 1 to take out a Bwing. Opponent Awing that took a Kturn fires back at range 1 w/o any TL or F. String of 3 hits. Soontir has focus token, rolls 4 blanks. Awing now MVP of the match

3) friend's Soontir PTL Stealth took an injured pilot crit at range 3 at the start of the match. There goes 33pts of investments

4) have a custom made royal TIEint with winglets. Affectionately called Finns. Always the 1st ship to die

5) wedge vs turr + VI. Wedge kills off Turr. Simul fire, Turr returns the shot with 4 hits, takes out wedge too

Edited by Duraham, 12 April 2014 - 09:27 PM.

• Engine25 and AdmiralThrawn like this

#3 Hujoe Bigs

Hujoe Bigs

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

Wooh, which story shall i start with
1) my TIE with 2 hp and no tokens is at range 3 through an asteroid. Opponent HWK attacks, rolls 1 crit. I roll 5 blanks /eyes into a direct hit.
2) Soontir PTL Stealth roll boost into range 1 to take out a Bwing. Opponent Awing that took a Kturn fires back at range 1 w/o any TL or F. String of 3 hits. Soontir has focus token, rolls 4 blanks. Awing now MVP of the match
3) friend's Soontir PTL Stealth took an injured pilot crit at range 3 at the start of the match. There goes 33pts of investments
4) have a custom made royal TIEint with winglets. Affectionately called Finns. Always the 1st ship to die

All of that sounded avoidable. Also read the op post better.

Store champ, 1 int vs 2 yts ( other ships were to far away ) lando strips my tokens at range 2, I fire back. All hits, chewie then fires, all hits range 2 as well. Roll all evades. From that point on the yts get chunks taken out of them with little to no damage to the rest of my squad as all he was able to do was strip tokens and not hull.

Rebels: 4 X-wings, 2-Y-Wings, 3 A-Wings, 3 E-wings, 4 Z-95s, 1 YT-1300, 2 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290, 1 CR90, 1 GR-75 

Imperials: 5 Tie/Ln, 1 Tie/Adv, 7 Tie/In, 2 Tie/Sa, 2 Tie/D, 3 Phantoms, 1 FireSpray, 2 Lambda

#4 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:35 PM

3 TIEint list vs XXBB. traded 1 TIEint for 1 Bwing. Afterwards, rest of the game my opponent only took 1 shot against Finns, which missed. Totally couldnt catch any of the 2 TIEints while i took apart his team

Numerous times where Soontir PTL Stealth took out the entire 100pt team all by himself. Favourite had to be one where he singlehandedly wiped out an AABBB without even a scratch, while Vader and 2 TIEs got lost on the other side of the field waiting for the opponent to come, but never did.

Edited by Duraham, 12 April 2014 - 09:36 PM.

• AdmiralThrawn likes this

#5 R2ShihTzu

R2ShihTzu

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:46 PM

A week ago, playing 4 PTL Royal Guard against... double Falcon. Han, with Engine Upgrade, 1-shots one of RG turn one. I figure, bad match up, bad luck, let's just see what we can do. Turtling every turn, my RG hang on, taking a point here, point there, but generally weathering my opponent who could rarely muster more than 2-hit attacks. I, on the other hand, am managing to avoid letting both Falcons fire every turn (even getting 1 to park on a rock for consecutive turns through blocking) and crawl back. Lando goes down first, then three injured RG take out Han as well. Probably the most epic comeback I have had, particularly given the matchup.

#6 zingerwhip

zingerwhip

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

Playing a 200 point game Soontier with PTL and SD still untouched, everything else gone, Rebels still have 2 X-Wings an A-Wing. Several turns later Soontier finishes off the final X-Wing......still untouched!

#7 swimmingordy

swimmingordy

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

I love flying squints. Soontir is by far my fav pilot in the game. I've taken out a wounded Chewie and a unhurt Lando with just Soontir (lost carnor and Lorir to the falcons). I love how much is left to the dice gods, although it makes for very inconsistent torunent play.

On the other hand, beat my buddy in about 15 minutes in a tournament one shotting soonir using wedge, ptl and advanced protons... He never shoulda gotten into range one I suppose...

#8 Nyxen

Nyxen

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

Just today I hade a list of 4 ints vs 5 TIE fighters, most of which had ptl and/or targeting computers. in the end it was down to Turr Phennir untouched vs Mauler Mithel untouched  and I managed to sneak Turr into range 1 right behind Mauler for a hit hit crit crit finisher

#9 markcsoul

markcsoul

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:08 PM

That was a good game to watch!

REBEL SHIPS: 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 3 X-Wings, 1 Y-Wing, 1 Z-95, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75

IMPERIAL SHIPS: 1 Tie Advanced, 1 Tie Bomber, 3 Tie Fighters, 3 Tie Interceptors, 2 Firespray-31s

#10 DarkFather

DarkFather

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:08 AM

Had a game just yesterday. A TIE/Int 'athon...

Me:

Turr Phennir + VI

RGP + PtL

Carnor Jax + PtL

BackStabber + EU

Opponent:

2x Sabers

Kir Kanos

RGP

Howlrunner

(+ addons)

We had an awesome game, in every respect. He has to be my hardest opponent to play against, does Nick. Carnor Jax got taken down relatively early in the match (more due to my bad piloting than anything), but in retaliation both Sabers were taken care of. Turr Phennir eventually had 2 wounds dealt to him (but he survived the match). Howlrunner was taken down, as was my Backstabber. Kir Kanos, I believe, was the last to die for my opponent. I was left with my RGP on 1 wound and Turr Phennir on 1 wound, Epic-fun game.

Need to play more games though... I can't get enough of playing, watching, even (at a stretch) listening, to games. Need Moar!

Cheers

8x TIE/ln, 4x TIE/adv, 7x TIE/int, 4x TIE/Bomber, 2x Firespray, 2x Shuttle, 7x X-wing, 4x Y-wing, 3x A-wing, 3x B-wing, 2x YT-1300, 1x GR-75.

#11 Moore1980

Moore1980

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:44 AM

Yes... I know exactly what you mean.. only try 6 dice, and an evade token and still getting one-shoted. FUN

#12 Engine25

Engine25

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:23 AM

Had a game just yesterday. A TIE/Int 'athon...

Me:

Turr Phennir + VI

RGP + PtL

Carnor Jax + PtL

BackStabber + EU

Opponent:

2x Sabers

Kir Kanos

RGP

Howlrunner

(+ addons)

We had an awesome game, in every respect. He has to be my hardest opponent to play against, does Nick. Carnor Jax got taken down relatively early in the match (more due to my bad piloting than anything), but in retaliation both Sabers were taken care of. Turr Phennir eventually had 2 wounds dealt to him (but he survived the match). Howlrunner was taken down, as was my Backstabber. Kir Kanos, I believe, was the last to die for my opponent. I was left with my RGP on 1 wound and Turr Phennir on 1 wound, Epic-fun game.

Need to play more games though... I can't get enough of playing, watching, even (at a stretch) listening, to games. Need Moar!

Cheers

That opponent list is already at 106 points...

#13 Engine25

Engine25

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:25 AM

Dice Games...

#1 Maneuvering wins games.  When it doesn't, refer to #3

#2 List building is a fundamental part of tabletop wargames.  When it doesn't help you, refer to #3.

#3 The dice will do what they want.

• Red Castle and AdmiralThrawn like this

#14 keroko

keroko

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:18 AM

4 player game, the Rebel side focused on my ally's Firespray and the Interceptors in the furball, not paying attention to a lone Interceptor who flew around the party. Said Interceptor then turned and tore through the Rebel formation in a straight line. 3 turns later, some really good rolls for me and terrible rolls for my opponents, and the Interceptor had torn through 3 A-wings. 

Felt good.

• catachan23 likes this

#15 Frazio

Frazio

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:29 AM

In a game a friend fired off 3 cluster missiles(with jonus rerolls) at Baron Fel(stealth device) in one turn and only managed one hit. :-(

#16 keroko

keroko

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:32 AM

In a game a friend fired off 3 cluster missiles(with jonus rerolls) at Baron Fel(stealth device) in one turn and only managed one hit. :-(

Cluster Missiles are rather terrible to use against high-agility ships, since he gets to defend against both rolls. You're better off using homing missiles. 

Edited by keroko, 13 April 2014 - 08:32 AM.

#17 Ravncat

Ravncat

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

I had my bounty hunter and ties completely destroyed, doing only 1 damage to han's shields, and then had an a wing and a y wing with a turret left on fel. My fel then proceeded to wipe the enemy from the table
  • Revanchist and Frazio like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS