The conquest of the Light of Terra
After that space battle above, the group got to find the Light of Terra... I as GM converted the Light of Terra to an invasion Repulsive-class Grand Cruiser with SP100+ and considered it "repairable".
The PCs managed to get it. And no, I wasn't "good to them".
After a 7 days (in-game time) pitched battle with the Death Guard and the Lost & Damned - a Chaos Cruiser had caught their trail into the Light of Terra's system - they won by:
- Uniting the warring tribes of the Terra (including the Pale Sons);
- Killing Roth and having the awakened (read HERETICAL) God-Emperor-worshiping-MAIN-COGITATOR take over (long history, they could not bear to kill it once they found out who was the mysterious voice in the vox casters helping them A LOT and yelling bad things at Roth everytime he screwed them);
- Finding a light-armored regiment in a locked cargo hold;
- Closing a demon-summoned portal on the Warp engine compartment and stopping the flow of enemy troops;
- Killing a Great Unclean One (by throwing everything they had at it, after repairing and activating the ship's geller fields);
- Holding even a large force of attack craft/dropships from reaching the Terra by using a couple of salvaged attack craft (from the Terra) to ambush the enemy in an asteroid field that was holding the Chaos cruiser back, for 5 days (then the cruiser itself was able to get through).
- When the cruiser arrived, the had to throw their own frigate at the cruiser on ramming speed while overcharging the plasma drive to explode on impact.
When the combat ended, the Terra was considered "Crippled" and had a crew of 12k (they couldn't evacuate everyone before they had to throw their own ship at the enemy) and had only vital systems working ("working"). 1 PC died and the Rogue Trader was put in an Stasis chamber after contracting Nurgle's Rot while leading the assault on the Great Unclean One.
Edited by Sebastian Yorke, 05 May 2014 - 03:52 PM.