Character Advancement

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Ralzar

Ralzar

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

If one of my players characters die now (getting close to rank 3) I will probably go for doubble advancement points. It can even make sense, as the new character has more advanced characters as mentors instead of having to figure everything out on their own.
  • k7e9 and GMmL like this

#22 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

@Ralzar: Exactly how I view it. When you're among competent people you're forced to improve quicker. Plus, dying in a RPG is bad/sad enough.

• GMmL likes this

#23 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:09 AM

Just wanted to say that I am and I have never been against the cards (I was against the recharge mechanic though), probably I did not express my point correctly, but since it is not the topic of this thread, I stop it here.

I will keep on lurking for any news regarding the Old World

Have fun :)

• Emirikol, GMmL and iandimitri like this

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#24 GMmL

GMmL

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

@Ralzar: Exactly how I view it. When you're among competent people you're forced to improve quicker. Plus, dying in a RPG is bad/sad enough.

My newest group fully understand that Morr is coming, but I don't think that stopped any of them from getting overly attached to their characters. :) It's going to be ugly.

• k7e9 likes this

#25 Ralzar

Ralzar

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:22 AM

When I started my campaign, I let the players create characters with 5 advancements. So if someone dies I will probably do the same. 5 advancements is pretty good for starting with a bit more rounded out character. If you start from scratch, the character is usually pretty useless at first. In addition, it makes little sense to start the game as a career, but have none of the advancements the career offers. (For example, if you make a boatman; and your backstory has you being a boatman for a couple of years before the game starts, why are you still in the beginning of the boatman career?)

• k7e9 and GMmL like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS