Ground Zero Comics - Regional Championship 5/17 Tyler TX

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MrDomino

MrDomino

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

Ground Zero Comics is proud to announce a Star Wars LCG Regional Championship tournament on May 17th! Seating will be extremely limited, so be sure and preregister early!

- All participants will receive an alternate art card unique to this event!

- Top 16 will receive a set of lucite damage counters!

- Top 8 will receive the coveted Regionals playmat, featuring Jabba the Hutt!

- Top 4 will receive highly sought-after oversized, dual-sided, spot-glossed affiliation cards for Smugglers and Spies/Scum and Villainy!

- And of course, our champion will receive the beautiful Regional Champion trophy, PLUS a first-round bye at the 2014 Star Wars LCG World Championships!

The tournament will start at 10:00, and we will play six rounds of swiss, followed by a cut to top 8, so plan for a full day of gaming. We will have food available for purchase in the store, and we will also be breaking for lunch - please be advised if you're driving in that Ground Zero has a no outside food and drink policy.

Entry fee will be $20 in advance, $25 day of - BUT, you'll get a $5 discount if you pay cash. We only have 64 slots available, so if you're planning on traveling in, you can register for the tournament over the phone with a credit card. We strongly recommend this if you are traveling in from out of town to ensure your spot. We will update this page once the tournament is full.

Thanks to everyone who comes out, and May the Force be with all of you!

You can call the store to preregister at 903-566-1185, and you can find the facebook page for the event at https://www.facebook...17855448466766/

Edited by MrDomino, 12 April 2014 - 02:12 PM.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

#2 MrDomino

MrDomino

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

One additional thing I feel the need to mention is that Ground Zero is closed on Mondays, so anyone calling in to preregister tomorrow will be unable to do so until Tuesday.

#3 MrDomino

MrDomino

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

Bumping this thread - there's only 4 more days to preregister, looking forward to a kickass event! I'd also like to mention something that's been on their site for a while, but I've not yet posted here - that Team Covenant representatives will be on hand for the event, and will be filming and commentating the finals rounds, just in case that sways anyone who was debating whether or not to make the trip.

Additionally, for anyone who wants to make a weekend of it, we're also going to host a "Two-Headed Rancor" (2v2) tournament on Sunday. The entry fee for that event will be $10/team, and the winning team members will each get their choice of in-stock Star Wars graphic novels (up to $19.99 MSRP). We can only run this with 6 or more teams, but I feel confident we can hit that between my local guys and any out-of-towners who decide to stick around for day two.

See you all this Saturday!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS