• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 chemical22

chemical22

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:46 PM

I'm pretty new here,

I've been a member of several game forums in the past, and I just wanted to say this is by far the nicest, most helpful and civil forum I've ever been on.

Many of the ones I have been part of, are just simply poisonous.

Kudo's to the folks here, I've struggled to find a single negative comment in any thread here and eveyone seems to want to go over and above to help people.

Just wanted to spread the good words.

• talismanisland, The_Warlock and adjogi like this

#2 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

That's because we have lots of veterans here!

#3 Czev

Czev

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

That's because we, the elder gamers, have no reason to fight, bicker, and be nasty for no reason.  We just destroy you on the table and leave it at that. Welcome and enjoy

• adjogi likes this

Yes ladies and gents, I really am highly concentrated WTF!!!!!!

#4 adjogi

adjogi

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

I think I have only seen one particularly brutal thread in the past (almost) 4 years. No-one is out for blood here.....unless you steal their Pet Glitter:D

• Fnord23 likes this

Welcome to "Monsters & Magic", a NJ based Talisman Game Club!

http://www.njtalisma...onstersandmagic

#5 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

I also think it is a very nice forum, I have seen a small amount of lost patience with respect to common sense rule corrections, but nothing nasty or even remotely mean as seen in most forums. And I agree it may be because there is a large veteran crowd, since Talisman has been around since the 80's.

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#6 JediKnightAmoeba

JediKnightAmoeba

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

This IS an awesome forum...you get intelligent responses from great individuals.  I agree with everyone else, a lot of Veterans.  In fact, I think just about anyone that frequents this site would be great to sit down and play a game of Talisman while drinking a few brews.  

Well, except for Artaterxes.  He does not like Americans

No really, I am just kidding Artaterxes!

#7 adjogi

adjogi

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

I sense an international game brewing.....

Welcome to "Monsters & Magic", a NJ based Talisman Game Club!

http://www.njtalisma...onstersandmagic

#8 chemical22

chemical22

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

I sense an international game brewing.....

Canada agrees.

#9 Artaterxes

Artaterxes

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:25 PM

This IS an awesome forum...you get intelligent responses from great individuals.  I agree with everyone else, a lot of Veterans.  In fact, I think just about anyone that frequents this site would be great to sit down and play a game of Talisman while drinking a few brews.  

Well, except for Artaterxes.  He does not like Americans

No really, I am just kidding Artaterxes!

I'm Canadian who likes American games some days and German games on other ones. I'm a mess!

#10 Triple A

Triple A

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:37 PM

With so many of us Canadians around, of course this forum was going to be nice, helpful & civil.

It's the law.   

#11 Fnord23

Fnord23

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

I am a HUGE fan of Talisman for nostalgia, gaming and collecting purposes. I played the earlier edition a lot in the 80's and now I want to own all the new stuff, which so far I do.

One of the more obsessive things I do with every new expansion of Talisman is Obtain a PDF of the new rules, print a couple nice color copies, and add the color copies to my binder of Talisman Rules. I have a couple copies of these rules that I pass around the table for the players to share. It really helps with new players. 

Anyway with the Nether Realms and Firelands expansions, no Rules PDF's have been published. Usually the rules are published right before the games are shipped, but not so this time. I know the rules for Nether Realms are pretty much "Read the cards D&mb@ss!", but I would really like to have a PDF copy of the Firelands rules.

Does anyone know if we will ever see these rules published?

#12 JediKnightAmoeba

JediKnightAmoeba

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:45 PM

They are up as of a few weeks ago:  Here.

But yeah, they came out a little later this time than previously.

#13 Czev

Czev

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

They're also up at Talisman Island http://talismanisland.com/rules.htm

Yes ladies and gents, I really am highly concentrated WTF!!!!!!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS