Looking for players in or near Frederick MD

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Christoph

Christoph

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

I'm curious if there are any players who are relatively close to Frederick MD.  I know that there are playgroups in Baltimore and DC but they don't often play on weekends (which is the only time I can get out to either city).  I'm hoping that there are players in/around Frederick so I can hopefully start actually playing more often.

thnx,
Christoph

#2 Vonderbread

Vonderbread

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

Edited by Vonderbread, 12 April 2014 - 05:08 PM.

#3 Vonderbread

Vonderbread

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

I'm curious if there are any players who are relatively close to Frederick MD.  I know that there are playgroups in Baltimore and DC but they don't often play on weekends (which is the only time I can get out to either city).  I'm hoping that there are players in/around Frederick so I can hopefully start actually playing more often.

thnx,
Christoph

I'm in Germantown Maryland. I'm in the same boat, I really don't want to go to Baltimore or DC to play. I play with some friends at work, but I'd like to play more than that. Let me know if you want to try and meet up.

Edited by Vonderbread, 12 April 2014 - 11:58 PM.

#4 Christoph

Christoph

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:34 AM

I'm in Germantown Maryland. I'm in the same boat, I really don't want to go to Baltimore or DC to play. I play with some friends at work, but I'd like to play more than that. Let me know if you want to try and meet up.

Would you be interested in coming up to Frederick to play?  There are tables at Beyond Comics across from the mall.  If so, I'm generally free most weeknights and on Sundays.  Generally.

thnx,
Christoph

#5 Ammerdawn

Ammerdawn

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:58 PM

There are a few of us who play at the Historic Haven in downtown Frederick. I am just learning the game myself. I know one of the guys is talking about running an event there and trying to see what kind of interest there is. As I know there are about 5-6 of us that now play.

#6 Christoph

Christoph

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

When do you play at Historic Haven?  I *think* I heard about that place?  Isn't there a membership fee or something?

#7 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 902 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:26 PM

Oh, there are definitely Netrunner players in Frederick. I work with several of them. Maybe you guys could meet up at Beyond Comics... I'll have to point them to this thread. If you can make the drive down 270 to Rockville, Dream Wizards does occasional Netrunner events.

• Christoph likes this

#8 Christoph

Christoph

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:21 AM

Yes, please direct those players here.  If you guys are on Facebook, there's also a DC area players group (https://www.facebook...s/dc.netrunner/) and you could also direct them there.  I would love to meet other players and get a regular thing going at Beyond Comics.  I've gone down to Dream Wizards to play but it seems like most of the people who live closer to/around DC aren't available to play when I am (typically only Sundays; it's hard for me to get down there on weekdays) so I almost never get to play.  In fact, I've played only once in the last 4 or 5 months and I'm really hoping that I can find a group (ideally here in Frederick) where I can play more often than that. :P

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS