Star Wars TCG - A Fan Podcast

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dcottingham21

dcottingham21

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

Hey everyone, check out our Star Wars: The Card Game podcast! We've been doing the show since September so it's not really new. It's hosted by Casey, Cory and myself and we've been playing the game since it came out. You won't hear much about tournament play in this podcast but we do talk a ton about strategy, deck building, our favorite cards, cards we'd like to see, as well as reviews and previews of upcoming Force Pack releases. We're just really big fans of the game and we hope you enjoy the podcast!

You can find us at starwarstcg.com to listen to all our episodes or subscribe to us on iTunes https://itunes.apple...d714711404?mt=2. We are also hosted on Top Tier Gaming toptiergaming.com.

Social Media

facebook.com/starwarstcg

twitter.com/starwarstcg

youtube.com/twentyonenetwork

If you have any questions or comments you can email us at: info@starwarstcg.com.

May the Balance of the Force be with You,

David

@dcottingham21

• JMCB, TGO and CooMasterCoo like this

#2 dcottingham21

dcottingham21

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:00 AM

To get you all started here's our latest episode where we review the 'Heroes and Legends' Force Pack.  Enjoy!

Star Wars TCG Episode 13: 'Heroes and Legends' Review

To listen to all our episodes go to starwarstcg.com or subscribe on iTunes.

Thanks for listening!

#3 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

I listened to a lot of the episodes while shoveling/snowblowing my drive way this winter. It is a very enjoyable podcast. It is geared more towards the casual player, which is completely fine, but that shouldnt keep anyone from giving it a listen, you wont be disappointed.

• dcottingham21 likes this

#4 Demas

Demas

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:04 PM

I agree with TGO. I liked their LCG podcast so much that I powered through their Inside-The-Force podcast as well. You can cynically look at it as summarizing Wookiepedia entries, but the other segments, production value, and their upbeat attitude makes it easy, enjoyable listening. They wrestle with the LCG rules sometimes, but even the Team Covenant guys occasionally do when they're doing pack unboxings, so no biggie. Their most recent podcast had me- without malice- yelling at how stupidly strong / broken their proposed objective sets would be, which was fun. I think there was even a pretty clever mechanic in one or two of them.
  • dcottingham21 likes this

#5 Demas

Demas

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

Listened to the latest one reviewing Lure, spoiling Hoth Gambit from Knowledge & Defense, and reacting to the new FAQ.  Good stuff, keep it up.

Regarding the FAQ, some threads that might be of interest...

In the third post, I parse out how LS enhancements are affected by Join Me (you obviously don't need to memorize the list, but it's useful to see examples):
http://www.cardgamed.../15075-join-me/

In the fourth post, FFG's Nate confirms that you can still damage a Trust Me objective with four damage already on it (to destroy the objective but NOT to cancel an effect) under the new FAQ; a nuanced interaction that might not be immediately clear from the FAQ's emphasis on what you can't do (You CAN'T pay a cost for an effect that won't happen EVEN IF you pay the cost; you CAN try to pay a cost for an effect that COULD happen IF you COULD pay the cost, even if actually CAN'T pay the cost... dizzy yet?).
http://www.cardgamed...nd-the-new-faq/

• KennedyHawk and See Threebilbo like this

#6 dcottingham21

dcottingham21

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

Sorry, a little late posting this, I'll get better.  Here's Episode 14 where we review 'Lure of the Dark Side' Force Pack and we also spoil the Rebel Alliance objective set coming in the 'Knowledge and Defense' Force Pack.  Hope you all enjoy it!

Star Wars: TCG - Episode 14: To the Victor Go the Spoils

May the Balance of the Force be with You,

David

@dcottingham21

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS