Central Texas Meetup-gauging interest

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Sinamil

Sinamil

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

So I have posted about this over at BGG as well but just did not get enough of a response for it to move forward.  I am going to try and organize a Central Texas (or anywhere else nearby if you are willing to travel) event once monthly where LOTR LCG fans can meet up and play.  I would like to start by doing a progression style run through of all the quests out there but am open to ideas.  I love this game but almost always wind up playing solo as there are not many players looking for groups in Austin (at least that I know of).

#2 danpoage

danpoage

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:24 PM

Count me in!

Hall of Beorn

The Grey Company

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
—Oscar Wilde

#3 Stevew980

Stevew980

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:15 AM

A few of us have been meeting at Dragons Lair every Wednesday for the past few months. Two of us have even started planning to play a saga campaign- figuring by the time we're through Black Riders the next box should be hitting shelves.

You're welcome to join!

A progression series also sounds fun

#4 Boronind

Boronind

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

Well I'm in South Central Texas (San Antonio) and we don't have a lot of players at our Dragon's Lair AFAICT.  Stil, feel free to let me know when/where you are going to meet.  I'd like to be in the loop.

#5 Sinamil

Sinamil

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:08 PM

I was thinking Austin might be the best place to meet up as it is pretty central and has more open gaming than Waco or San Antonio (although that could be ignorance as far as San Antonio as I have only looked online).  I live north of Austin but can get there pretty easily with notice.  How would Saturday evenings work for everyone?

#6 Stevew980

Stevew980

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

Saturday, April 12 will be a LotR event at Dragons Lair Austin at 6pm. We'll be trying out the new nightmare packs, the first scenario of Over Hill and Under Hill. You thought those troll sacks were bad before!

Start time: 6pm

Also, two of us are starting the BR campaign on Wednesday nights.

#7 Sinamil

Sinamil

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

Awesome, would you need me to bring any encounter sets?

#8 Sinamil

Sinamil

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

Also what is BR :)

#9 danpoage

danpoage

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:16 AM

BR = The Black Riders saga expansion, which introduced campaign mode.

Hall of Beorn

The Grey Company

—Oscar Wilde

#10 Sinamil

Sinamil

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

Of course, duh :)

#11 Sinamil

Sinamil

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

Thanks to Steven and Michael (hope my spelling is right!) for giving the nightmare version of We Must Away... tonight, we gave it a valiant effort but came up short.  Brutal nightmare version of a brutal quest to begin with but looking forward to more attempts next time!

#12 danpoage

danpoage

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:07 AM

Sorry that we couldn't be there, everyone. We have family in town, so today had too much planned. I am definitely going to do my best to attend the next one.

Hall of Beorn

The Grey Company

—Oscar Wilde

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS