A fun first time

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Niklarus

Niklarus

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:13 PM

So, as I may have mentioned somewhere, I'd bought the books and read them without ever having gamed before.  This afternoon, on Roll20, I took part in a run of the Beginner Game and, damn, did I have fun.  The group tended to be an attack-first-ask-questions-never type of group, but there was a whole lot of laughter coming through the speakers and we managed to get through the adventure unscathed with the Smuggler even managing to convince the Twi'lek dancer from the cantina to come with us and join the group.  The dice gods were smiling upon us and we succeeded pretty much every check.  The only character who actually took any damage was the Bounty Hunter I played and that was mainly because I managed to tick off the Captain of the Krayt Fang by shooting him in the crotch so he focused his attack on me even though the Wookie was smacking him with his vibroaxe.

The group is planning to keep playing together every Sunday, but creating our own characters for next week's run.  I'm looking forward to it, especially for the laughter, but I have to admit that I'd love to join a more characterization-oriented group that would meet on Roll20 a different day of the week.  (I admit to actually having a campaign concept, but don't think I would make for a good GM since A) I'm an utter tabletop novice and B) I really don't have time during the week to do all the things that a GM has to do.  Ah, well.  What is, is.)

Still, I expect to keep having fun and laughs with this group for many Sundays to come and, now that I've played it, I can say more certainly that I really do love this system.

• Col. Orange and whafrog like this

#2 Deve Sunstriker

Deve Sunstriker

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:17 PM

I don't remember seeing "Crotch" on the called shots chart.  :D Sounds like you had a great time and that's all that matters.

“I cast bad motivator on Darth Vader’s legs!”

#3 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:42 PM

I remember way back in the day getting invited to my buddy Mark's house to play D&D one weekend in 7th grade.  I had no friggin idea what we were doing and by the end of the afternoon it was like I was on a different planet.  I've never forgotten that cool sunny fall afternoon a couple three + decades ago.

• Col. Orange likes this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze  and D&D 5E  Swords for Adventure

#4 Grimmshade

Grimmshade

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

Great story! Always awesome to hear someone coming upon the hobby and a great game. Sounds like you had a blast.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS