• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

Since FFG doesn't want our money, what other products can we buy for our WFRP games?

Here's my first suggestion:

https://www.kickstar...tellers-and-gms

Other generic game aids?

• GMmL likes this

#2 Banemus

Banemus

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

Already backing it :)

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

I think we've discussed this one before:  https://www.kickstar...fantasy-village

Since so many WFRP games involve people who are monsters instead of monsters hoarding treasure, it seemed a natural.  This Dwarven Forge version is used quite often on my tables, but one of my chaos-tainted offspring broke off all my candles!  http://www.dwarvenfo...l-building-sets

Edited by Emirikol, 06 April 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#4 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:42 AM

Since FFG doesn't want our money, what other products can we buy for our WFRP games?

Oh, this is absurd. It's not that FFG does not want your money or interest in a game. This is so childish in my opinion, I do not want to offend You, but people do not want to or just do not understand FFG policy and GW restrictions that FFG has to obey with games created on GW licence. FFG policy not states clear - they will not annouce anything until it is playtested and ready to go into print or already printing. This means that FFG does not want to make any mistakes from the past and does not want to tell wahat they are corently working on becouse it can always change many times from the idea to the final product.

And about GW rights - those are very tight and GW has a very hard and iron grip on every product that uses there licence. So anything that will not feet the GW look or how they want it to fit the setting will never see daylight.

Theres one more thing, as much as I love the Warhammer Fantasy, I must say it's a uniwerse that is not so popular as it used to be. And that brings us to the point that, there are rumours, that GW is redesigning the setting to bring more people into it and make it more interesting for new players. Until GW will make there decisions FFG can not create really nothing new or revolutionery.

Patience is the only anwser You get.

Cheers and no hard feeling

Beren

PS. Look for WFB 9th edition, until then I think we will not see anything new using Warhammer Fantasy. Discwars do not count - it's a fantasy battle game just using units and armies from WFB.

Oh, and the most importent thing if You love the setting of Warhammer Fantasy you can always pay it regardless of the edition or system used. For example I play Descent setting all quest in the Old World, it was easy with some small changes and I'm having a lot of fun. I recomend You would do the same - have fun.

Edited by Beren Eoath, 06 April 2014 - 11:46 AM.

#5 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

When FFG comes on here and explains it to me, then I'll listen. But, they choose not to communicate on these forums. Until then, your conjecture is just in the way of my fun, and not the point of this thread.  Your obsession with 4e, like my obsession with 3e, is not compatable.  You and I won't see eye to eye on this.  I respect your opinion, but currently it's blocking the point of this thread.

Edited by Emirikol, 06 April 2014 - 12:36 PM.

• Banemus and GMmL like this

#6 Banemus

Banemus

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:31 PM

I think we've discussed this one before:  https://www.kickstar...fantasy-village

Since so many WFRP games involve people who are monsters instead of monsters hoarding treasure, it seemed a natural.  This Dwarven Forge version is used quite often on my tables, but one of my chaos-tainted offspring broke off all my candles!  http://www.dwarvenfo...l-building-sets

Hm i am not a fan of getting scenery. It gets in the way of the imagination part of rpging :D

#7 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

Ha :)  One of my players has a bunch of that dwarven forge stuff, so I put together a temple of sigmar today. It is behind the tavern.  I was going to populate it, but that will have to wait for the actual gaming session..supposedly it's fairly crowded in there (no spoilers!)

Photo_00045.jpg

Edited by Emirikol, 06 April 2014 - 12:41 PM.

• Eradico Pravus and GMmL like this

#8 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:13 AM

although not a kickstarter, I thought this set was neat. Rought night at the three feathers anyone?

http://www.hirstarts...s29/tips29.html

inn022.jpg

Edited by Emirikol, 07 April 2014 - 10:14 AM.

• ragnar63 and GMmL like this

#9 GMmL

GMmL

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

The Dwarven Forge stuff always looks so great. I'd invest in some if I didn't already have my gaming money flowing into too many other areas :)

Edited by GMmL, 07 April 2014 - 01:45 PM.

#10 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:16 AM

Oh, this is absurd. It's not that FFG does not want your money or interest in a game. .

Unfortunately Beren, FFG do not have to act the way they do, even with the GW millstone around their neck! Other companies, such as Paizo, Mongoose, Catalyst Games etc all communicate with their players and get them involved. From the the start with WFRP, FFG have excluded the players and I am not sure that is going to change. They could announce that they are working on a 4th edition, though not give a date for when it will be ready, just so that players are not living in eternal confusion. Personally I am not hopeful about a Beta test or even that there will be a 4th edition or even anything significant more for WFRP in general.

The worst part about it is, that even when FFG do say something you frequently have to treat it with a lot of scepticism. The announcements on 2nd edition, when they were already creating the 3rd edition, come to mind. FFG have form on this front and nothing they have done mitigates that fact. Keeping silent as they do now, reminds me of a petulant child that has been caught lying by its parents. 

Jay's comment above does unfortunately does have ring of truth about it. Maybe WFRP and its players are the progeny that FFG are going to send to the childrens home in favour of its less troublesome children.

Edited by ragnar63, 11 April 2014 - 02:29 AM.

#11 r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:37 AM

Keeping silent as they do now, reminds me of a petulant child that has been caught lying by its parents.

That's not how I'd characterize it/them. It's not that they're "keeping silent now" because of having "been caught".

It'd be more accurate to say they are "keeping silent as they always have" because "for some reason they almost never participate in any of their own forums for any of their games".

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single forum post that FFG has made at any point in the life of WFRP3 that wasn't specifically a promotional blurb for an item scheduled to release within 1 to 2 months from the time of the post. That holds true for all the sub-forums (including board games) that I've seen on their boards during that time.  I expect it's some sort of company policy, though I won't pretend to understand the logic behind it.

EDIT: (The possible exception may be the EotE and DH2 Betas, but I haven't actually been following them, so feel free to correct me if I'm missing some meaningful two-way interaction there. The bits I've heard from people here suggests the Betas weren't much of a dialogue, but I may be mistaken.)

Edited by r_b_bergstrom, 21 April 2014 - 09:42 AM.

#12 GMmL

GMmL

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:20 AM

After some recent experiences I'm wondering if silence isn't the lesser of the two Evils. I watched MCG attempt to interact with the community on their own boards and on BGG over their Myth game and they got eaten alive. It was a no win situation and time wasted. If anything, interacting with the forum demographic probably earned them some bad PR. 

Knowing online communities the way I know them, I'm thinking that while the FFG method leaves their zealots and detractors flopping around in a state of perpetual speculation, that may actually be better than hopping in and engaging with people who know few bounds in terms of realistic expectations or etiquette.

I think for a moment how a few of our top anti 3e "personalities" here would interact with a dev if one actually showed up and it makes me shudder. It would be more embarrassing than productive.

Edited by GMmL, 22 April 2014 - 07:27 AM.

• cronevald, Ralzar and k7e9 like this

#13 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:51 AM

Knowing online communities the way I know them, I'm thinking that while the FFG method leaves their zealots and detractors flopping around in a state of perpetual speculation, that may actually be better than hopping in and engaging with people who know few bounds in terms of realistic expectations or etiquette.

I think for a moment how a few of our top anti 3e "personalities" here would interact with a dev if one actually showed up and it makes me shudder. It would be more embarrassing than productive.

Depends which RPG communities you are talking about, I am afraid. The Mongoose and Catalyst Games forums for one have developers interacting with the community on the forums with few if any problems AND a much happier community. I suspect the "personalities" you talk about above are just completely frustrated by the complete silence and lack of direction from FFG. Believe me, I want WFRP to succeed and grow, as I love the setting, so I want FFG to succceed with it if they are capable of it. I have also produced publications for Liber Fanatica and been a play tester for FFG, so interacting constructively with developers is second nature. However the absence of any kind of communication generally for the last two and a half years is extremely frustrating for all concerned, with even freelance writers for FFG, cut adrift without a word of explanation. I am sorry that is just bad man management, pure and simple. Call me a detractor if you want, but I am just frustrated like many others, with the silence and lack of direction. 

• Emirikol likes this

#14 GMmL

GMmL

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:31 AM

Depends which RPG communities you are talking about, I am afraid. The Mongoose and Catalyst Games forums for one have developers interacting with the community on the forums with few if any problems AND a much happier community. I suspect the "personalities" you talk about above are just completely frustrated by the complete silence and lack of direction from FFG. Believe me, I want WFRP to succeed and grow, as I love the setting, so I want FFG to succceed with it if they are capable of it. I have also produced publications for Liber Fanatica and been a play tester for FFG, so interacting constructively with developers is second nature. However the absence of any kind of communication generally for the last two and a half years is extremely frustrating for all concerned, with even freelance writers for FFG, cut adrift without a word of explanation. I am sorry that is just bad man management, pure and simple. Call me a detractor if you want, but I am just frustrated like many others, with the silence and lack of direction. 

If they're not going to support or release anything new for the title I'd just as soon see them shut down the page/board and archive it like they do their other legacy titles. At least then you'd have a good idea where the game stands :)

• ragnar63 likes this

#15 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:31 AM

Yes.  A simple, honest answer from FFG's mouth sure would solve a lot  :)

• ragnar63 and GMmL like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS