Play area with epic rules?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 DragonBones

DragonBones

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:07 AM

Just wondering if there is any indication that the play area will change from 36" x 36" with the addition of  the large ships and epic rules.

Thank you

#2 Bohrdumb

Bohrdumb

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

Just wondering if there is any indication that the play area will change from 36" x 36" with the addition of  the large ships and epic rules.

Thank you

I dont imagine you could keep it at 3'x3'. 4'x4' or 3'x5' would both be doable. 

5 X, 3 B, 2 A, 2 Y, 1 Hwk.

6 TIE, 2 TIE B. 2 Ints, 1 Adv

Ordered: 1 Defender, 2 Phantoms

#3 zathras23

zathras23

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:37 AM

I imagine that, with the larger ships in the game, the play area will increase. They look too large to be played on the standard 3' x 3' map we play on now.

• Vorpal Sword likes this

#4 DragonBones

DragonBones

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:40 AM

It would be helpful if someone from Fantasy Flight could chime in , in order to prep any mapping or play areas for the game.

#5 catachan23

catachan23

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

Well with the CR-90 coming in with a range 5 stick, I think it will most definitly be increasing in size. 

CR-90 at center of a 3x3, range 5 is the edge of the board.

Edited by catachan23, 06 April 2014 - 09:44 AM.

• Vorpal Sword likes this

Scum: 5 X-Wing 3 Z-95 3 Y-Wing 2 B-Wing 2 A-Wing 1 E-Wing 1 HWK 1 YT-1300 1 GR-75
Villany: 7 TIEs 4 TIE/Int 3 TIE/Bomb 2 TIE/Defender 1 TIE/Adv 1 TIE/Phantom 1 Firespray 1 Lambda
Incoming:  (Currently Waiting For Wallet To Replenish)  1 RebAces 1 YT-2400  2 VT-49                                                                                                                

"Sorry About The Mess." - Han Solo

#6 Hoosteen

Hoosteen

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

It would be helpful if someone from Fantasy Flight could chime in , in order to prep any mapping or play areas for the game.

I'm not sure if FFG ever checks the XWM forums... Unless a bunch of people report a thread or something like the Russian Tie Fighter Thread.
If they did, I would assume there would be a Gallery sub-forum or a Builds sub-forum.

But, I do agree that their presence here would be welcomed.

**Edited** Just for you, catachan23!

Edited by Hoosteen, 06 April 2014 - 10:46 AM.

Galactic Empire: 8x Tie Fighters, 1x Tie Advance, 1x Tie Bomber, 2x Firespray 31,

Rebel Alliance: 4x X-Wings, 1x A-Wing, 1x B-Wing, 1x YT1300,

--Proud Member of the Imperial Navy--

"These aren't the repaints you're looking for..."

#7 catachan23

catachan23

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

I'm not sure if FFG ever checks the XWM forums... Unless a bunch of people report a thread or something like the "Russian Tie Fighter" thread.

I am not familiar with the Russian TIE Fighter thread, what was that?

• Thrawnshand likes this

Scum: 5 X-Wing 3 Z-95 3 Y-Wing 2 B-Wing 2 A-Wing 1 E-Wing 1 HWK 1 YT-1300 1 GR-75
Villany: 7 TIEs 4 TIE/Int 3 TIE/Bomb 2 TIE/Defender 1 TIE/Adv 1 TIE/Phantom 1 Firespray 1 Lambda
Incoming:  (Currently Waiting For Wallet To Replenish)  1 RebAces 1 YT-2400  2 VT-49                                                                                                                

#8 Introverdant

Introverdant

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:26 AM

4x4 seems unlikely. It's not always easy to find a table which will accommodate a 3x3 mat. 

I could see 3x6. 

#9 catachan23

catachan23

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

**Edited** Just for you, catachan23!

Thank you!

Also, not funny. 

Yeah, I agree that the FFG probably won't read most of this on here, but we could hope.

I chatted regularly with the folks on Spartan Games Forums (I have a French Dystopian Wars Fleet) and they actually DID take advice and comments from the community.

I could see 3x6. 

Most likely.

Edited by catachan23, 06 April 2014 - 11:46 AM.

#10 meekor

meekor

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

I have no doubt in my mind that this Forum site is looked at by FFG...After all this is their game and above all their Server lol...The only time that they would intervene is when conversations or topics go beyond the Game and abusing common civility ...All gaming Forums use the positive and negative to either add to their game or make changes... Back to topic ; I can foresee the playing area going to 4' x 8' area...Possibly larger...But then again FFG has already surprised us with this new fleet that they are slowly releasing...Oddly enough someone did leak this out in another site ; asking if anyone would be interested in buying both of these starter ships...
Never give up... Never surrender...

#11 catachan23

catachan23

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

I have no doubt in my mind that this Forum site is looked at by FFG...After all this is their game and above all their Server lol...The only time that they would intervene is when conversations or topics go beyond the Game and abusing common civility ...All gaming Forums use the positive and negative to either add to their game or make changes... Back to topic ; I can foresee the playing area going to 4' x 8' area...Possibly larger...But then again FFG has already surprised us with this new fleet that they are slowly releasing...Oddly enough someone did leak this out in another site ; asking if anyone would be interested in buying both of these starter ships...

It would totally make sense for the possibility of a 4x6(or 8) size as well since there are a lot of tabletop miniature gamers out there that already have tables (or access to tables) that are that big. 

ps

I dig your signature.  I live by that motto and it helped me become a cancer survivor.

• rym likes this

#12 pbpancho

pbpancho

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

Pretty sure they won't be sharing that info until they decide to release the rules for the Epic format of play.  It's not that they don't read the forums, it's that if you ask about stuff that hasn't been released or shared, they aren't going to respond...

#13 negative9

negative9

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

we do know for certain that the play area will be increased.  I cant remember where I saw that, but it might have been in the transport write up.  We do not however know what size it will be.  My guess is 3x5.  Just because that is the size of my kitchen table, and I know FFG designs the game to accommodate me personally. lol

#14 pbpancho

pbpancho

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

It's going to be a circle with a diameter of 5 feet.  Look for the announcement this coming week.

• Hexis likes this

#15 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

We usually play on a 4x6 table for larger games, including using the 16" Hasbro CR90.

Enimo Et Fide

#16 Hexis

Hexis

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

I heard it would be a radius of 10' to make sure there was enough room.

It was in no way sponsored or influenced  by the wood industry or furniture industry.

• Vorpal Sword and MajorJuggler like this

#17 DragonBones

DragonBones

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

So same play area with Epic rules ?

#18 librarian101

librarian101

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

Note in the setup section of the rules its lists a 3X6 playing area.

• Vonpenguin and Johdo like this

#19 Johdo

Johdo

• Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:21 PM

Pg 2 in epic gameplay, setup instructions says TO must allocate a 6' x 3' space. Can setup on your side within range 2 (instead of 1) from the edge.

Edit: librarian101 beat me to it.

Edited by Johdo, 21 April 2014 - 06:22 PM.

My Current Fleet...

Spoiler

For a list of SE MI games = http://community.fan...games/?p=795971

#20 Bohrdumb

Bohrdumb

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

I heard it was going to be a 4'x4'x4' cube, filled with jello to suspend the ships and make the 3 dimensional aspect more realistic. 

• Drakhan Valane, Aminar and Asgo like this

5 X, 3 B, 2 A, 2 Y, 1 Hwk.

6 TIE, 2 TIE B. 2 Ints, 1 Adv

Ordered: 1 Defender, 2 Phantoms

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS