Future expansions

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 PGCaedus87

PGCaedus87

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

First off, I would like to say what an amazing job Fantasy flight games is doing with the Star Wars license. The card game is epic and favorite game among my gaming circle. I have purchased every force pack and expansion that has been released so far and have done much experimenting with deck combinations. The last deluxe expansion enabled multiplayer rules and two new fixed challenge decks. Those are always fun to play against but they are what sparked my idea for this article. I would love to see specialized challenge decks for each faction. Perhaps forming a deluxe expansion for each pair of opposing factions. Just like balance of the force had an imperial and rebel challenge deck inside with exclusive objectives to add to normal decks, they should make an expansion for Jedi and sith challenge decks and an expansion for smuggler/spies and scum challenge decks each with more exclusive objectives for our regular decks. What are everyone's thoughts on this idea? Would other people like this?

Also if any of the Admins for FFG see this can you give me some insight and let me know if you already have such concepts in the works?

#2 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

FFG staff doesn't have much of a presence on the forums. Also they probably wouldn't reveal what they have planned before their official announcement.

Haven't been able to try the challenge decks myself, they seem a bit gimmicky at first glance. If there were more I don't think it would change that, because you cannot customize them at all.

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

#3 mischraum.de

mischraum.de

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:26 AM

I would not like more deluxe expansion in the style of Balance of the Force. I am not that much into multiplayer or the challenge decks. Still I would have to buy the box if it contains at least 1 objective set for 1 vs. 1 play.
Travelling for LCG tournaments: Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Gen Con, Genoa, Göteborg, Liege, Salzburg
Next destination: Make a suggestion!

#4 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:54 AM

Yeah, challenge decks are nice, but they should be sold alone.  Either package them like Force Packs or just offer them print-on-demand.

• jacksladd and See Threebilbo like this

#5 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

^^^^

That might be a good idea for future multiplayer decks, but I liked how they packaged it. My guess was they intended it to be released just around / during the World Event weekend, so it was just poor timing that delayed it.

Welcome to the machine!

#6 Jvirtue55

Jvirtue55

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

I really dont like the Balance of the Force Expansion I hope they dont do many more like it if any.

#7 chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

Yeah, challenge decks are nice, but they should be sold alone.  Either package them like Force Packs or just offer them print-on-demand.

definitely this, I was rather upset having to buy a deluxe box to get the 6 objectives, in my meta we played the challenge decks a couple times but it wasn't really worth it for us to buy it and honestly I don't think any of us would buy another challenge deck so i hope they don't keep packaging them in products that are "mandatory" for competitive play.

Edited by chunkygorillas, 10 April 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#8 Gunner070

Gunner070

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:50 PM

I would be so down to see a Challenge Deck that puts both Light and Dark Side against, wait for it....... THE YUUZHAN VONG!!!

• Trudog01 likes this

#9 PGCaedus87

PGCaedus87

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:41 PM

^^^^^^
This is why I'm glad Disney announced that they are considering all old EU stories non-canon. I hated everything after vector prime. When they killed chewbacca and introduced new weird aliens, I had a breakdown and was wondering why Star Wars was going in this direction. And it only got worse. I never want to see or hear of the yuuzhan vong or the swarm war or luke versus some ancient sith lady ever again. I'm glad it's all in the past. I was half dreading and half curious about the jaina solo trilogy that was planned. Hope it never sees light of day.

#10 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:06 AM

^^^^^^
This is why I'm glad Disney announced that they are considering all old EU stories non-canon. I hated everything after vector prime. When they killed chewbacca and introduced new weird aliens, I had a breakdown and was wondering why Star Wars was going in this direction. And it only got worse. I never want to see or hear of the yuuzhan vong or the swarm war or luke versus some ancient sith lady ever again. I'm glad it's all in the past. I was half dreading and half curious about the jaina solo trilogy that was planned. Hope it never sees light of day.

And yet you liked the Caedus concept enough to put it in your username. :3

#11 PGCaedus87

PGCaedus87

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:19 PM

I just liked how the legacy series was blending classic Star Wars action and adventure while simultaneously destroying the future of Star Wars. I was hoping there would be nothing after the series but I was greatly disappointed.
  • MarthWMaster likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS