Any good articles…

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Revanchist

Revanchist

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:15 PM

On how to fly a B-wing? A friend of mine asked, but I don't really play Rebels enough to read up on them, so I don't really know where to show him. I think I am going to just keep giving him behind the wheel flying in the meantime.
Imperial: 5 TIE/ln, 1 TIE/adv, 5 TIE/in, 1 TIE/sa, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Lambda
Rebel: 3 X-wing, 1 Y-wing, 1 A-wing, 1 B-wing, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300

"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."

#2 Sergovan

Sergovan

Fly Casual

• Members
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

I haven't seen any real B-wing articles or flying tips. 

The only B-wing advice I can give you is that it is a short range, close in fighter. It doesn't have any moves beyond 3 and it K turns on a 2 so its a keep in close and engage kind of fighter. Put that into comparison with the A-wing, which has 5 and a boost to clear half the board in a go and you can see how the two fighters have different roles based on movement dial choices.

B-wings come with the system upgrade, and of the 3 currently available, they are all good choices to have on a B-wing.

The 3 attack is good, the 1 defence means it takes hits easily, but it comes with 5 shield and 3 hull making it a tank fighter.

It also has the cannon upgrade slot and a popular squad is to mount HLC's on the B-wings. Another is to team them up with a pair of Y-wings and take the ion cannon slot. The Autoblaster cannon is not being well received.

The key thing to remember of all the B-wings abilities and upgrades is that it is a slow fighter. Either have them off on their own or fly slow with your squad or you will outpace the B-wing.

Rebels: 5 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 4 A-Wing, 2 Yt-1300, 3 B-wing, 3 HWK-290, 3 Z-95, 1 E-wing, 1 CR 75

Empire: 6 Tie Fighters, 6 Tie Interceptors (1- 181st, 1- RG), 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 4 Tie Bombers,

2 Lambda, 1 Tie Phantom, 1 Defender

Tournament results: (S)11 of 11; (S)3 of 11;(AoIA)2 of 3; ®12 of 28

#3 DraconPyrothayan

DraconPyrothayan

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

The B-Wing ought to get an article on it's flight patterns soon. It's a bit of an odd duck.

The thing is, it is simultaneously the best Long Range fighter the rebels have, and their best Short Range fighter.

While most ships operate well at Range 2, this is really the B-Wing's weakest spot!

I'm working on a Maneuverability Omnibus. It's taking quite some time. The B-Wing's getting 2 chapters already, and might get a 3rd if I'm still working on the thing when Rebel Aces comes out.

• Chris Maes likes this

#4 Chris Maes

Chris Maes

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

Actually, I really like the Autoblaster for the very reason that I like to fight my B-wings "up close and personal".  The fact that it has a base Attack value of 3 means that it can still be effective at long range without the HLC but since you don't have the speed/maneuverability to control the range, I'd rather maximize my damage at the range I am most likely to fight at... i.e. range 1.  Just my opinion based on my experience.

#5 catachan23

catachan23

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

Actually, I really like the Autoblaster for the very reason that I like to fight my B-wings "up close and personal".  The fact that it has a base Attack value of 3 means that it can still be effective at long range without the HLC but since you don't have the speed/maneuverability to control the range, I'd rather maximize my damage at the range I am most likely to fight at... i.e. range 1.  Just my opinion based on my experience.

I have never actually put an Autoblaster in my B-Wings, but I can see the merit you mention in it. 

"Sorry About The Mess." - Han Solo

#6 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

http://boardgamegeek...random-writeups

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS