13 replies to this topic

#1 Nematode

Nematode

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

Just saw this posted on the front page:

Tantive-iv_zps80c9c2f3.png

I don't think we've seen any of the "Team" upgrade cards yet, but it looks like you can have 3 of them plus 2 crew in the front half of the Tantive IV.  It'll be interresting to see what options they add.  That many guys on one ship does seem like an awful lot of eggs in one basket for my taste.

• DraconPyrothayan likes this

#2 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

Of course, it could be that the aft section is already a more tempting target. Since we don't really know what happens when one is destroyed, other than likely losing any attacks or actions that section may have.

#3 Animewarsdude

Animewarsdude

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

Well my guess is destroying or crippling the aft section kills its energy supply which would make it very defenseless.

#4 Dagonet

Dagonet

• Members
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

That many guys on one ship does seem like an awful lot of eggs in one basket for my taste.

Well, in the campaign that comes with it, you only have the one basket so...

MajorJuggler's collection of useful links. A must for all players new or old.

#5 LeoHowler

LeoHowler

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

As far as useful crew members we already have available to us I can think of a couple.

-Chewbacca: healing is always great. Pricey, but if your aft section is blasted he could be vital to keeping you alive.

-Weapons Engineer: since focus isn't a possibility, target lock is going to be of much more importance for the powerful turbolasers. Getting 2 for the price of 1 isn't so bad at 3 points.

-Nien Numb: Provided movement rules are relatively the same for simple forward motions.

-Gunner: obvious reasons.

-Luke: same as above, but the ability to target a new ship isn't a total loss if it's got some support craft.

-Navigator: crashing into targets to kill them? Oh heck yes. Anything that can make this easier to do is golden in my book.

~Remember Alderaan~

Alliance Fleet: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 4 A-Wings, 3 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, , 3 Z-95's, 2 E-Wings, 1 GR-75

Imperial Navy: 5 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE Bomber, 2 TIE Interceptors, 1 TIE Advance x1, 1 Lambda Class Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31, 1 TIE Defender

Black Sun Private Fleet: Coming soon~

#6 Nematode

Nematode

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:35 AM

It really will be interesting when them Imps get a similar ship.  Then you will be able to take Vader who is pretty handy on a dooms shuttle, and turn him into something crazy strong on a ship with shields that regenerate every turn.

#7 dvor

dvor

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:40 AM

It really will be interesting when them Imps get a similar ship.  Then you will be able to take Vader who is pretty handy on a dooms shuttle, and turn him into something crazy strong on a ship with shields that regenerate every turn.

They might not get huge ships with crew slots for that very reason.

X-wing is played over a series of game rounds. Turn is a type of maneuver.

#8 JJFDVORAK

JJFDVORAK

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:03 AM

They might not get huge ships with crew slots for that very reason.

I feel that its pretty likely that if the Empire gets Huge ships, they will have the ability to take vrew members. I also feel it is pretty likely that the Empire will be getting Huge ships.:-)

#9 Thrawnshand

Thrawnshand

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

I thought you meant there was going to be a burger joint in the promenade deck....

X-Wings-10 TIE Fighters-16 TIE Advanced-1 Y-Wings-4  Falcon-1 Slave-1-1 TIE Interceptors-4 A-wing-4 HWK-290-3 TIE Bomber -4 B-wing-2 Imperial Shuttle-2 Imperial Aces-2 Rebel Transport-1 Tanitive IV-1

Why does Luke whine when Ben Kenobi dies, only having know the man a few days, yet Biggs, his childhood friend blows up behind him, covering his 6, and all he does is a double take?

#10 catsmacker

catsmacker

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:21 PM

Aldrean nuggets with a side of chili fries ;)

• Thrawnshand likes this

#11 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

I don't think Vader on a capital ship will be too much of an issue. Sure, you could use him at Range 5. And if the various hard point weapons allow you to make more than one attack. But look at the Corvette. The fore section, which can attack at Range 5, only has 13 health. And it starts at 50 pts. Do you really think it is wise to constantly use Vader on your primary attack section of a ship, that will likely be well over 50 pts? And while the Capital ships do have some healing, it seems, it still seems like a very, very bad idea to start chipping away it's health yourself, especially if the section costs 60 to 75pts.

#12 Thrawnshand

Thrawnshand

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

Many Bothans died to bring you todays potato's from Idaho. Free peanuts with your meal.

X-Wings-10 TIE Fighters-16 TIE Advanced-1 Y-Wings-4  Falcon-1 Slave-1-1 TIE Interceptors-4 A-wing-4 HWK-290-3 TIE Bomber -4 B-wing-2 Imperial Shuttle-2 Imperial Aces-2 Rebel Transport-1 Tanitive IV-1

Why does Luke whine when Ben Kenobi dies, only having know the man a few days, yet Biggs, his childhood friend blows up behind him, covering his 6, and all he does is a double take?

#13 Effenhoog

Effenhoog

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

Five Guys is some pretty impressive onboard cuisine.  if the imperials can't match it I can see why so many people defected to the Rebellion

#14 Thrawnshand

Thrawnshand

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

Star destroyers only have Sabarros and Panda Wok, sadly

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS