Experiences with Miniature Market and Pre-ordering

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 LordCole

LordCole

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:38 AM

I have no LGS store near me.   My store just got the Aces set yesterday.     This was unacceptable wait time when everyone else had it way eariler.   I actually took the day off an drove 100 miles, because I wanted it when it came out.   

When I asked my store about it, they said they would not pre-order for me.     

I'm the type of person who must have things quickly, so I'm looking for something which will ship the day they come out, because I cannot afford to keep taking PTO days.    

So I'm hoping MM is the place.    I don't mind paying over 99 dollars as long as I get them quickly.

Thanks,

The fact that they would not pre-order for you, is crazy talk. Guaranteed sale without having to stock, money up front and customer service opportunity that would lead up to more sales in the future. This day and age pre-order is just good business.

Edited by LordCole, 09 April 2014 - 03:38 AM.

#82 Cubanboy

Cubanboy

• Members
  • 956 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

Local gaming stores give you a place to play and meet new people. Online retailers don't do that, but they can undercut those local stores and put them out of business. I'm sure I'm not the only person to see a local game shop go under. "I saved 20/50/100 bucks" might sound like a good thing in the short term, but when you find yourself having to drive a few cities away to get in a couple friendly matches, you might reconsider. Your experiences may differ, of course. Just some food for thought.

You have a very good point with this.

First MM in my book has gone above and beyond when I ordered items from them, I have saved like 300 from them. (i have picked up stuff from amazon, target and my local gaming shop) I enjoyed MM the most out of all the online shopping. I spoke with a rep when I miss ordered some items and they fixed my problem within a day. I will most likely give them some more business.
Second I also still play at my local gaming shop and buy stuff from them, I pay to enter the tourys and my wife and I picked up about 700 in board games, drinks, candy and card sleeves in the last 12 months. Each month I try to pick up a single ship from them.

So in short I do both.

I have ships.

#83 raykey

raykey

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:59 AM

I ordered from them and they arrived within 9 days of dispatch not bad from USA to UK in my opinion

#84 eagletsi111

eagletsi111

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

Thanks Guys.    I will probably place my order soon.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS