• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

I pre ordered a Aces box in Feb... they released them on a friday, I had them the next wednesday... I'd say a decent transaction. Most people have had a great experience..

I wish I understood better why Wonderwaaagh had such a bad one... can you explain further, Wonderwaaagh, why they might have been so discourtious to you.. I agree with you that poor customer service breeds discontent.

It's old business, and something most people probably wouldn't want me re-hashing. If you're genuinely curious, send me a private message.

It's not easy being green.

#22 HunterEste

HunterEste

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

I'm not a fan of the way their reps conduct themselves. A snarky attitude is a poor way to represent a business.

The irony...

I don't think you know what that word means. Which business do I represent?

One simply has to look through your posting history to see the irony of you complaining about snarky/poor attitudes :)

#23 z0m4d

z0m4d

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:00 PM

And realizing that the small ship prices basically equal "Buy 2 get 1 free" kinda makes it hard to buy anything at MSRP. 

For a small order of 2 units, you're only saving $10, and only if you get free shipping.  Even 6 units saves just $30.  Most people who have the disposable income to buy into this game should be able to pay a little extra so their FLGS can stay in business.

Edit: arithmetic!

Edited by z0m4d, 05 April 2014 - 06:01 PM.

#24 Pygon

Pygon

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

My only issue with MM has been spamming the order page watching for my pre-order to actually ship.  Other than that, I haven't had any problems.

Pre-ordering early might not necessarily make you one of the earlier customers that they process when they receive stock.  The actual method they use for determining where your order is in the sequence of processing is a subject of great speculation, and very likely, influenced by aliens.

• MajorJuggler and z0m4d like this

Core/Wave 1: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 8 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Advanceds; Wave 2: 2 YT-1300s, 3 A-Wings, 2 Firesprays, 3 TIE Interceptors

Wave 3: 3 B-Wings, 3 TIE Bombers, 3 HWK-290s, 2 Lambda Shuttles; Imperial Aces: 2 Royal Guard Interceptors, 2 Elite Interceptors

Huge ships: 1 Tantive IV, 2 Transports, 2 alternate X-Wings

Wave 4: 3 E-Wings, 6 Z95s, 3 TIE Defenders, 3 TIE Phantoms

#25 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

One simply has to look through your posting history to see the irony of you complaining about snarky/poor attitudes :)

But that wasn't my point at all, so I still fail to see the irony. Your reading comprehension is as bad as your knowledge of word meanings, and a misplaced smiley emote does little to improve your position. Speaking of bad attitudes, though, why do you feel it's necessary to follow me from thread to thread and harass me like a child with a grudge?

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 05 April 2014 - 06:11 PM.

• Revanchist, Drakhan Valane and Darthfish like this

#26 HunterEste

HunterEste

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

But that wasn't my point at all, so I still fail to see the irony. Your reading comprehension is as bad as your knowledge of word meanings, and a misplaced smiley emote does little to improve your position. Speaking of bad attitudes, though, why do you feel it's necessary to follow me from thread to thread and harass me like a child with a grudge?

Can you elaborate on how I'm 'following' you? You seem quite paranoid. Also, as I recall, the last time I was in a thread that you decided to mess upon, you loudly proclaimed how much you hated me and were going to block me, whatever happened with that? :S

• corsair117 likes this

#27 PenguinBonaparte

PenguinBonaparte

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

At the threat of putting the thread back on topic, I pre-ordered my wave 3 stuff from them miniature market and was happy with it. It didn't show up instantly, but got it sometime in the week they came out. Can't remember anything more specific. It seems like sometimes it takes them a day or two to process an order, but I've been happy enough. I had to call them at the time to combine some orders and it sounded like on all those releases it's a pretty hairy time distribution-wise and that there isn't a first-in first out on orders, just that they guarantee you get one.

Edited by PenguinBonaparte, 05 April 2014 - 07:11 PM.

#28 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

You seem quite asinine. Why do you feel the need to focus your attentions on me? Is it some deep-seated and secret physical attraction you have for me, and it manifests itself in the world's worst trolling attempts?

You act like a child, and then say "here, have a cookie kiddo!". See, that's irony. You make it your personal mission to harass me, and then mistakenly accuse me of being ironic for voicing my opinion about company representatives with poor attitudes. See, that's irony. You've singled me out in threads where I wasn't even directing my comments towards you, for gods know what reason, and then pretend like you aren't following me around with your antagonistic agenda. See, that's irony. Legitimate question: what is your actual problem? Do you think it's your responsibility to put me in my place? Because let me tell you, you are woefully unequipped for a battle of wits.

---

Well, to everyone else let me offer my sincerest apologies. It was not my intention to derail this thread, and you have a certain other trolling poster to thank for that. He's still on ignore, but for some reason I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he would have let whatever is bothering him go and temporarily unignored him. I made a mistake, and I won't be doing it again. Enjoy your thread.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 05 April 2014 - 07:26 PM.

#29 born to lose

born to lose

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

Here we go again haha   In before the LOCK

oh and yes, MM is legit.  Never heard of them until a certain, ahem, controversy came up here on the forums.

I've mostly purchased LotR LCG from them, but my aces arrived very quickly and will buy wave 4 from them.

What I like most about MM was how easy it was for me to add and remove stuff from my pre-orders since those invoices can stay open for months, something that other retailers seem to find really difficult to do and generally reluctant to do so.

Edited by born to lose, 05 April 2014 - 07:24 PM.

• Cptnhalfbeard likes this

#30 HunterEste

HunterEste

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

You seem quite asinine. Why do you feel the need to focus your attentions on me? Is it some deep-seated and secret physical attraction you have for me, and it manifests itself in the world's worst trolling attempts?

You act like a child, and then say "here, have a cookie kiddo!". See, that's irony. You make it your personal mission to harass me, and then mistakenly accuse me of being ironic for voicing my opinion about company representatives with poor attitudes. See, that's irony. You've singled me out in threads where I wasn't even directing my comments towards you, for gods know what reason, and then pretend like you aren't following me around with your antagonistic agenda. See, that's irony. Legitimate question: what is your actual problem? Do you think it's your responsibility to put me in my place? Because let me tell you, you are woefully unequipped for a battle of wits.

Yup, totally paranoid.

• corsair117 and born to lose like this

#31 Jaster Mereel

Jaster Mereel

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

http://youtu.be/aVZUVeMtYXc?t=7s

I have bought all of my stuff from MM and I have had nothing but great experiences.  I am local so I can't speak to the shipping but you'll find they are quite helpful.

Edited by Jaster Mereel, 05 April 2014 - 07:22 PM.

#32 JJFDVORAK

JJFDVORAK

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:24 PM

MM is great. I bought/preordered all my Wave 3, Imperial Aces, RebelTransport, and Tantive IV from them and I plan on preordering Wave 4 from them. I have gotten everything on par with my FLGS. I had to call them to add to/change my order for wave 3 and the service was great.

#33 perniciousducks

perniciousducks

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

Here we go again haha In before the LOCK

oh and yes, MM is legit. Never heard of them until a certain, ahem, controversy came up here on the forums.

I've mostly purchased LotR LCG from them, but my aces arrived very quickly and will buy wave 4 from them.

What I like most about MM was how easy it was for me to add and remove stuff from my pre-orders since those invoices can stay open for months, something that other retailers seem to find really difficult to do and generally reluctant to do so.

"Controversy" heh, that's one way to describe it I guess. I call it a nutjob conspiracy theory, but to each their own.

MM has been great, pre-ordered my aces with a few other ships for the free shipping and got them promptly. Have dealt with customer service with them in the past and the experience was pleasant.

On a side note, don't use paypal on an order or you will wait weeks. That's a paypal issue though, and as others have said, they wait until they have the full order to ship it, so be careful what you pre-order together.

Edited by perniciousducks, 05 April 2014 - 09:46 PM.

Collection
Rebel Scum: 7x X-Wing 6x Y-Wing 5x A-Wing 3x YT-1300 4x B-Wing 6x HWK-290 3x GR-75 Transport 1x Corellian Corvette 8x Z-95 Headhunter 3x E-Wing

Imperial Heroes: 8x TIE Fighter 4x TIE Advanced 13x TIE Interceptor 3x Firespray-31 6x TIE Bomber 4x Lambda Shuttle 3x TIE Defender 4x TIE Phantom

#34 Punning Pundit

Punning Pundit

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:23 PM

Been lurking on this forum for a bit, and registered an account specifically to say some nice things about Miniature Market. My experiences with them have been uniformly positive. They've been fast, efficient, and adept at handling problems.

In fact: about a year ago I'd ordered a few ships from them, and had completely forgotten to update my shipping address to the house my wife and I had just moved into. By the time I noticed this, they'd already sent my order. So I called them and they took care of the rest- I don't think my boneheadedness even set things back by more than a day. 

I think the person on the phone may have laughed a bit. Which, you know what? That's fair. I laughed too.

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

#35 Hugo Y

Hugo Y

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:40 PM

Here we go again haha In before the LOCK

oh and yes, MM is legit. Never heard of them until a certain, ahem, controversy came up here on the forums.

"Controversy" heh, that's one way to describe it I guess. I call it a nutjob conspiracy theory, but to each their own.

MM has been great, pre-ordered my aces with a few other ships for the free shipping and got them promptly. Have dealt with customer service with them in the past and the experience was pleasant.

On a side note, don't use paypal on an order or you will wait weeks. That's a paypal issue though, and as others have said, they wait until they have the full order to ship it, so be careful what you pre-order together.

As english is not my mother tongue, I find the formality on the "controversy's reply" pretty nice. I'm learning a lot of new words  :P  

#36 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

When something makes too much sense, it must clearly be "a nutjob conspiracy theory." I guess we can't all be as sane and unable to put 2 and 2 together as you.

Thanks for re-hashing the issue, both of you. I guess one thread full of unmerited antagonism wasn't enough. 

#37 perniciousducks

perniciousducks

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:28 AM

When something makes too much sense, it must clearly be "a nutjob conspiracy theory." I guess we can't all be as sane and unable to put 2 and 2 together as you.

Thanks for re-hashing the issue, both of you. I guess one thread full of unmerited antagonism wasn't enough. 

never ascribe to malice that which can easily be explained by incompetence.

Edited by perniciousducks, 06 April 2014 - 01:29 AM.

Collection
Rebel Scum: 7x X-Wing 6x Y-Wing 5x A-Wing 3x YT-1300 4x B-Wing 6x HWK-290 3x GR-75 Transport 1x Corellian Corvette 8x Z-95 Headhunter 3x E-Wing

Imperial Heroes: 8x TIE Fighter 4x TIE Advanced 13x TIE Interceptor 3x Firespray-31 6x TIE Bomber 4x Lambda Shuttle 3x TIE Defender 4x TIE Phantom

#38 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:39 AM

You must really, really want to derail this thread. My credibility may be a foregone conclusion for a few narrow minded souls, but are the concepts of dignity and poise really so far beyond you? At least I had the good taste to try and avoid this, which is more than you can say. Nutjob indeed.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 06 April 2014 - 01:40 AM.

#39 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:57 AM

:lol:

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3] [B-WING: 3] [E-WING: 3] [HWK-290: 2] [X-WING: 6] [Y-WING: 6] [Z-95: 6] [YT-1300: 1] *EPIC* [TANTIVE IV: 1] [GR-75: 2*GROUND FORCES* [T-47 AIR SPEEDER: 11] JEDI: [DELTA-7: 1] [ETA-2: 4] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1] [TIE BOMBER: 3] [TIE DEFENDER: 3] [TIE FIGHTER: 5] [TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6] [TIE PHANTOM: 3] [FIRESPRAY-31: 1] [SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] *GROUND FORCES* [AT-AT: 4] [AT-ST: 6] SITH: [ETA-2: 3] [INFILTRATOR: 1] [INTIMIDATOR: 1]

#40 General Mayhem

General Mayhem

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:53 AM

Did anyone notice that when Aces was on pre-order the price MM gave was $19.99? when Aces hit the market, the price went up to $23.96. Now it is at $23.96 and they are out of stock. I bought my Aces at my LGS at retail and with tax, the price I paid was only 3 dollars more than MM with their shipping. Plus I got it 2 days earlier than the official release date. Don't get me wrong, I've purchased many items from MM (Horrorclix, Pirates, LoTR among others) and I have always found their service and experience with them top notch. I just find this a little curious.

It also seems strange that they still have  the Starfield Tiles on pre-order when FFG has not even listed them on their upcoming products anymore. :unsure:

Edited by General Mayhem, 06 April 2014 - 05:54 AM.

• z0m4d likes this

Current fleet
Rebels: 7 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 3 A-wings, 2 YT-1300, 2 B-wings, 2 HWK-290, 1 GR-75 Medium Transport, 2 Z-95, 1 E-Wing
Imperial: 10 Ties, 2 Tie ad, 10 Tie In, 1 Firespray, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda, 1 Phantom

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS