• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 eagletsi111

eagletsi111

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:33 PM

Hi Everyone,

My normal pre-order location told me yesterday the are not ordering Wave 4.    I was looking into Miniature Market and was thinking about pre-ordering, but wanted to see what everyone thought of them on the forum.

Are they quick in shipping?  Do they release when everyone else does?   I assume you pay up front to pre-order, but just trying to be sure.

Any input would be great!

Thanks,

#2 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

My experiences with MM have been 100% positive, after pre-ordering Wave 2, some of Wave 3, and Imperial Aces. Everything has been quick, reliable, and above-board. Their customer service has also been very responsive.
  • VanorDM, AlexW, oneway and 6 others like this

#3 Sergovan

Sergovan

• Members
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:42 PM

It depends if you are in the U.S. or not. M.M. has cheap prices, but if they have to ship out of country the price for shipping goes way up. A $100 order in the U.S. would be free, cross the border with it at its closer to $60 for shipping. I think it has to do with UPS brokering the shipment which tags on a large fee.

I could send it to a UPS store just across the border fro free shipping, but I have to go and pick it up. Or I can buy it at my FLGS for the same price as if I bought it from M.M. and had it shipped to my house.

I did find a Canadian online retailer that has flat shipping and will be the place I go to for wave 4. 

Rebels: 5 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 4 A-Wing, 2 Yt-1300, 3 B-wing, 3 HWK-290, 3 Z-95, 1 E-wing, 1 CR 75

Empire: 6 Tie Fighters, 6 Tie Interceptors (1- 181st, 1- RG), 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 4 Tie Bombers,

2 Lambda, 1 Tie Phantom, 1 Defender

Tournament results: (S)11 of 11; (S)3 of 11;(AoIA)2 of 3; ®12 of 28

#4 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:10 PM

I'm not a fan of the way their reps conduct themselves. A snarky attitude is a poor way to represent a business.

A study in scarlet letters.

#5 R2ShihTzu

R2ShihTzu

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

I have used MM quite a bit for regular and pre-orders and have found them very positive. They have had great customer service, great pricing, and "solid" shipping times. They were a little slow on Aces for my tastes, but really it came down to ~2 days slower than a couple other places. Overall, I highly recommend them and coolstuffinc if you are considering another option.

Edited by R2ShihTzu, 05 April 2014 - 06:04 PM.

#6 Hujoe Bigs

Hujoe Bigs

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:21 PM

I've had nothing but good results from them, like R2 said, coolstuffinc is also a good venue if MM doesnt have what you need. I have purchased from both. The free shipping at $100 is about middle of the road for speed though.

Rebels: 4 X-wings, 2-Y-Wings, 3 A-Wings, 3 E-wings, 4 Z-95s, 1 YT-1300, 2 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290, 1 CR90, 1 GR-75 

Imperials: 5 Tie/Ln, 1 Tie/Adv, 7 Tie/In, 2 Tie/Sa, 2 Tie/D, 3 Phantoms, 1 FireSpray, 2 Lambda

#7 HunterEste

HunterEste

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

I'm not a fan of the way their reps conduct themselves. A snarky attitude is a poor way to represent a business.

The irony...

• corsair117, NotBatman, born to lose and 4 others like this

#8 Chris Maes

Chris Maes

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

I have pre-ordered several products and had nothing but excellent service.

#9 LordCole

LordCole

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

Got most of my X-Wing pre-orders plus many other games from Miniature Market, very reliable.

I have also gone into their retail store a few times for pick-ups and everyone was very helpful and friendly. Seems to me, the folks working there are passionate about table top gaming and it shows.

Cool Stuff Inc is also very good... Had an issue during wave 2(maybe it was wave 3) and was assisted over the phone; they split my order so missing items could be pre-ordered and current items could ship, less hassle for my bank funds.

#10 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

The irony...

I don't think you know what that word means. Which business do I represent?

A study in scarlet letters.

#11 Old Guy

Old Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

I got them to ship to the UK and had no problems and saved myself quite a bit including the postage. I got some stuff sent to a mate in Canada once from the US thinking it would save me customs, and the postage from the US to Canada was very high, the subterfuge didn't work.

Ticking the 'Gift' box on a customs chit does not stop them charging you tax/vat, now I didn't know that.

My son had an occassion to talk to their customer support and was less than pleased, but personally I cannot complain.

#12 OpticFusion

OpticFusion

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

I had excellent service from them. The ship was expensive but I ordered a mat and loads of xwing but their prices for xwing made up for it. The shipping was all the way to South Africa and I received everything within 7 working days.

#13 Shanester40

Shanester40

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

Buying stuff online is good, I mean all of my X-wing purchases have been this way, but there is nothing like walking into a good games store and seeing all those blister packs in rows on a rack. I know what I'm doing over Easter, heading to a local games store and I'm gonna buy me some Tie bombers and A-Wings!
Rebel Scum, 5 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing,1 YT1300, 1 Hwk 290, 2 A-Wing, 2 B-Wing, 1 GR75, 2 Z-95, 2 E-Wing
Imperial Slugs, 5 Tie, 1 Tie Advanced, 3 Tie Intercepter, 1 Tie Bomber 1 Firespray, 1Lambda, 1 Tie Defender, 1 Tie Phantom

#14 Audio Weasel

Audio Weasel

• Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

My experiences with them have all been positive.  Keep in mind, though, that an order doesn't ship until everything on the order is in.  I didn't realize that at first, and had to rearrange some orders and split them.  Not a bad thing, just don't for example, put Rebel Aces and Wave 4 all on pre-order on the same order.

Current Fleet:

Rebel: 4 A-Wings, 4 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290's, 3 YT-1300s, 4 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wing, 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 4 E-Wing, 5 Z-95 

Imperial:  3 Lambda Shuttles,  2 Firespray-31's, 3 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Bombers, 6 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Interceptors,   2 Imperials Aces, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 TIE Defender

On Pre-order:2 Z-95, 2 Rebel Aces, 2 YT-2400, 2 Decimator

#15 Hugo Y

Hugo Y

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

I've bought some things there. Nice price, but it takes quite a while to arrive. Not their fault, though. I think it is due to the customs here in Brazil.

MM also gives you points for each purchase. You can trade them later for goods. :D

#16 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

I've had nothing but great experiences with MM since back in the WotC Star Wars Miniatures days. 

BUT:

When I recently sat down and did the math I realized that, factoring in shipping to Canada (and current exchange rates), going to my FLGS was actually slightly cheaper... and that includes a $6 round trip on the subway!

So now I just go to the FLGS, and get a nice afternoon downtown thrown in with it for free.  :P

• Wild-Duck likes this

#17 QuinnCee

QuinnCee

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:32 PM

I pre-ordered Aces and they shipped the day they were released. Think I got mine 2 days later, so I decided to pre-order the transport from them as well.

Rebels: 5 Y-Wing, 6 X-Wing, 5 A-Wing, 4 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300, 1 HWK, 2 E-Wing, 4 Z-95, 1 GR-75, 1 Tantive IV

Empire: 1 TIE-A, 8 TIE, 7 TIE-I, 2 TIE-B, 2 TIE-D, 2 TIE-P, 1 Firespray 31

#18 z0m4d

z0m4d

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

I had very good customer service from MM, but also recommend you consider your Friendly Local Game Store (FLGS).  You might pay a little more, but if you take care of them they should take care of you (hosting tournaments, gamer networking, opportunity to browse product, ease of returning merchandise, etc).

#19 oneway

oneway

Imperial Bomber Pilot

• Members
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

I pre ordered a Aces box in Feb... they released them on a friday, I had them the next wednesday... I'd say a decent transaction. Most people have had a great experience..

I wish I understood better why Wonderwaaagh had such a bad one... can you explain further, Wonderwaaagh, why they might have been so discourtious to you.. I agree with you that poor customer service breeds discontent.

"I mean, come on kid, my armor's older than you are.."

Corp. Haig Talin, MK - 472

Armor 18 - Fire - N - Ice

181st Mechanized Armor Assault Div

#20 Hoosteen

Hoosteen

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

As to pre-ordering, I have only ever pre-ordered one thing in my life. And that was because it came with some fun perks. (Borderlands 2 anyone?)

But my experience with Miniature Market in general is pretty good. If you are looking at spending $99+ (which, unfortunately, is way too easy with this game), the shipping is fast and free.

When I first started playing XWM, I bought a Tie, X-wing, Falcon and Slave 1 from them, then a buddy filled the rest of the "$100 minimum." 

Spending hundreds of dollars at once on a board game seems kinda daunting (to me at least), but if you've got someone else to get some stuff with you, that '33% off' starts to look really inviting. 

And realizing that the small ship prices basically equal "Buy 2 get 1 free" kinda makes it hard to buy anything at MSRP. 

• QuinnCee likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS