Star Wars North East Regional in Westborough MA, May 17th

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 doctormungmung

doctormungmung

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

I'm curious to get an idea of the turnout for the MA Regional in May. Who is planning on attending? I know we've got some dedicated local players, and then we've also gotten some people who come out of the wood work for events on occasion. I figure there might also be some groups making the long drive this time as well.

As a disclaimer, I'm not associated with the venue (the Whiz) or running the tournament, but I will be one of the rules officials.

#2 doctormungmung

doctormungmung

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

Oops, should have posted this in the organized play sub forum.  If I moderator could move this, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

#3 sutekh22

sutekh22

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

Is there any casual play there?  Two of my friends and I just got into the game, all we have is the core set, the first large expansion and 5 of the Hoth packs.  We'd get killed six ways to Sunday if we tried a tourney but we live 45 minutes away and want to join your play group eventually.

Our biggest problem is not wanting to buy 2 more core sets so all 3 of us have Force cards.  

#4 KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

You can purchase individual force cards from team covenant, but you'll each want at least a 1x the core eventually. The singles are kind of expensive too.  If you were to buy 6 singles thats the cost of 1/2 or 1/3 of a Core set on ebay!

http://teamcovenant....cg/singles.html

#5 AvogadroTheMole

AvogadroTheMole

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

I am from the central CT area and will probably show for the tourney. I am not a huge card game player but I like to play Star Wars and meet new players so I will make it if nothing pressing stops me.

#6 doctormungmung

doctormungmung

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:06 PM

Is there any casual play there?  Two of my friends and I just got into the game, all we have is the core set, the first large expansion and 5 of the Hoth packs.  We'd get killed six ways to Sunday if we tried a tourney but we live 45 minutes away and want to join your play group eventually.

Our biggest problem is not wanting to buy 2 more core sets so all 3 of us have Force cards.

Generally there are a few of us at the Whiz Monday evenings, and on theoccasional Saturdays. It would be great if you guys showed up. The more the merrier. There's a Facebook group that people post if they are going to show up. It's StarWarsLCGMass.

#7 doctormungmung

doctormungmung

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:54 AM

Less than a month away from this!  Who's coming to the first Northeast Regional?

#8 sutekh22

sutekh22

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

I've got me and 2 friends coming.   It's our first tournament.

#9 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

I have to travel sometime that weekend, so I am either going to try to make this one or the one in TX.

Welcome to the machine!

#10 doctormungmung

doctormungmung

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:46 AM

T-five days and counting to the Northeast Regional!  Get those decks ready!

#11 AvogadroTheMole

AvogadroTheMole

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:23 AM

Is there any advance sign-up needed or just show at the store? The store website event calendar says 12 P.M. Is that first draw or start of registration or the like?

#12 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:50 AM

Just do what I do for casual games (or if your opponent is OK with it; usually they are). Just pull out your card halfway out of the card sleeve to commit them to the force. Quickest and easiest way (especially if you're short on commit cards). You can also use any other tokens for the same thing.

Top Tier Gaming, a community dedicated to Star Wars: The Card Game - http://toptiergaming.com
Follow us on Twitter - @toptiergaming
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/toptiergaming
Streaming games on Twitch - twitch.tv/TeamTopTierGaming

#13 doctormungmung

doctormungmung

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:11 AM

Is there any advance sign-up needed or just show at the store? The store website event calendar says 12 P.M. Is that first draw or start of registration or the like?

Judging from past tournaments here, you should be at the store and signed up by 12. 

#14 doctormungmung

doctormungmung

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:00 AM

Thanks to everyone who made it out on Saturday!  We had a great turnout with 21 people, and for the most part, everything went smoothly.  We managed to pull in people from a good chunk of New England, and depending on your definition, even some from outside (thanks to the New Jersey folks who made the drive up). 

While not the largest regional, we can boast having the one thus far which had a non-smuggler at the winning spot.  Giacomo took home the gold piloting mono-Jedi and mono-Sith.  The field wasn't as diverse as I'd have liked it.  Most people were playing Smugglers or Sith, although there were a few Navy and Rebel players, and a lone solo Scum player. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS