• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 ZanzibarLand

ZanzibarLand

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

Sorry, yes.

Sweet, I just wasn't sure what format you were using.

#62 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:29 AM

Warning: speculation ahead!

There are eight heroes in each deluxe expansion and subsequent cycle. For Heirs of Numenor and Against the Shadow, there were two from each sphere (Boromir, Hirluin; Beregond, Theoden; Pippin, Caldara; Mirlonde and Faramir). This wasn't true for Khazad-dûm and Dwarrowdelf, but it was true for Shadows of Mirkwood and Khazad-dûm, which were the first eight heroes after the Core set (Prince Imrahil, Dáin Ironfoot; Brand son of Bain, Boromir; Frodo Baggins, Dwalin; Bilbo Baggins and Bifur). It seems fairly likely that we will have two heroes from each sphere in The Voice of Isengard and the Ring-maker cycle. We've now seen previews for each adventure pack, and we know some information about each hero.

Here are some guesses as to the heroes we'll see, together with some reasons for those guesses. What we know is in bold.

The Voice of Isengard:
Eomer. Tactics. Rohan. Noble. Warrior.
Grima. Lore. Rohan. Isengard.

The Dunland Trap: Celeborn. Leadership. Silvan. Noble.
The Three Trials: Idraen. Spirit. Dúnedain. Ranger.
Trouble in Tharbad: Haldir of Lórien. Lore. Silvan. Scout.
The Nîn-in-Eilph: Halbarad. Leadership. Dúnedain. Ranger.
Celebrimbor's Secret: Galadriel. Spirit. Noldor. Noble.
The Antlered Crown: Gamling. Tactics. Rohan.

I'm fairly confident about Idraen. The artist's page describes her as "a hardened female ranger of the Dunedain." It's possible that she's an ally instead of a hero, though we already know that there are three other allies in this pack (Greyflood Wanderer, one Noldor ally and one Silvan ally), together with multiple cards supporting the Silvan trait and Secrecy.

Since many Silvan cards are Lore, I expect that we'll get a Lore Silvan hero that (unlike Mirlonde) synergizes with Celeborn and Galadriel. We also know, from a Master of Lore interview with the artist of Silver Lamp, that a new card for Haldir is coming. This new card is probably a hero, he's likely Lore, and he's thematically a perfect match for Celeborn and Galadriel. I'm guessing on the scout trait, but it matches Rumil's trait and we know that we'll be getting a unique Title attachment for scouts (almost certainly Spirit, which would fit in a Celeborn/Galadriel/Haldir deck).

The last two heroes are more speculative. The designers have been developing Rohan in Spirit and Tactics. I think it unlikely that we'll get three Spirit heroes in the Ring-maker cycle, and especially not two in immediate succession. I'm guessing that the Rohan hero is Gamling from the quote at the beginning of the preview for The Antlered Crown. He's old, and he commanded the defense of Helm's Deep before Théoden arrived. (There are other possibilities, such as Erkenbrand or maybe even a Tactics version of Eowyn.) The Rohan hero could be Leadership, but is more likely Tactics.

The Ranger hero has a good chance of being Leadership, since the Nîn-in-Eilph preview says: "The Nîn-in-Eilph introduces a new Ranger hero as well as twenty-seven new player cards (three copies each of nine different cards) that focus on knowledgeable guidance and wise leadership." If all of my sphere guesses are correct, that would mean two heroes from every sphere. Halbarad is definitely a guess, though there aren't many unused Tolkien characters that would fit the Ranger trait. Dúnedain, Gondor and perhaps Silvan seem the most likely associated traits. Given where the adventure pack is set and the focus on Gondor last cycle, a Dúnedain hero seems more likely than than a Gondor hero. If I'm right that the Ranger hero is Leadership, it seems unlikely that we would get two Leadership Silvan heroes in the same cycle. I doubt we'll see our third version of Aragorn or Faramir here, or another copy of Elladan, Elrohir, Damrod or Anborn. Mablung is a possibility, or perhaps an FFG creation. Assuming Idraen is a hero, I doubt that we would get another Dúnedain FFG creation in the same cycle. It also makes sense to have a Leadership Dúnedain hero aside from Aragorn, since most Dúnedain cards are Leadership.

Speculating is fun, and in less than a month, we'll have some new cards!

That's some good speculations mate!
I hope you're right on all accounts.
  • ZanzibarLand likes this
"Not all those who wander are lost"

#63 Estel Edain

Estel Edain

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

Now that the first pack has come out, we have a pretty good idea of the encounter set distribution for this cycle. What we know is in bold, and speculation is not.

The Dunland Trap: Dunland Warriors and Weary Travelers.

The Three Trials: Ancient Forest.

Trouble in Tharbad: Misty Mountain Orcs.

The Nîn-in-Eilph: Weary Travelers.

Celebrimbor's Secret: Broken Lands (and perhaps Misty Mountain Orcs).

The Antlered Crown: Dunland Raiders (and probably Dunland Warriors).

The Three Trials, Trouble in Tharbad, and The Nîn-in-Eilph were all spoiled by quest cards in their previews. Since Broken Lands and Dunland Raiders are not accounted for, they'll be used in the last two quests. Their distribution is pretty obvious. Misty Mountain Orcs might not be in Celebrimbor's Secret, since the preview mentioned Mordor Orcs. Dunland Warriors is quite likely in The Antlered Crown, since war has broken out in Dunland.

Weary Travelers might also fit either of these quests, especially Celebrimbor's Secret, but it seems unlikely. Encounter decks are tending to be thinner and more consistent, and it's already being used in two quests this cycle. After Shadows of Mirkwood the only encounter set to be used in more than two quests in a cycle was Misty Mountains, which wasn't used at all in Khazad-dûm. None of the other encounter sets seems to fit the last two adventure packs.

Encounter set distribution doesn't tell us very much, but it gives us a foretaste of what these quests might be like. The anticipation continues!

• Narsil0420 and PsychoRocka like this

#64 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:47 PM

It looks like one of the other guardians in The Three Trials will be a Boar Guardian. I'm guessing this based on the fact that the 3 guardians are related to the dunlendings and so far we've seen Raven Clan enemies in The Antlered Crown and Boar Clan enemies in The Dunland Trap and the only Guardian revealed so far is Ravens Guardian.

#65 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:52 AM

Warning: speculation ahead!

There are eight heroes in each deluxe expansion and subsequent cycle. For Heirs of Numenor and Against the Shadow, there were two from each sphere (Boromir, Hirluin; Beregond, Theoden; Pippin, Caldara; Mirlonde and Faramir). This wasn't true for Khazad-dûm and Dwarrowdelf, but it was true for Shadows of Mirkwood and Khazad-dûm, which were the first eight heroes after the Core set (Prince Imrahil, Dáin Ironfoot; Brand son of Bain, Boromir; Frodo Baggins, Dwalin; Bilbo Baggins and Bifur). It seems fairly likely that we will have two heroes from each sphere in The Voice of Isengard and the Ring-maker cycle. We've now seen previews for each adventure pack, and we know some information about each hero.

Here are some guesses as to the heroes we'll see, together with some reasons for those guesses. What we know is in bold.

The Voice of Isengard:
Eomer. Tactics. Rohan. Noble. Warrior.
Grima. Lore. Rohan. Isengard.

The Dunland Trap: Celeborn. Leadership. Silvan. Noble.
The Three Trials: Idraen. Spirit. Dúnedain. Ranger.
Trouble in Tharbad: Haldir of Lórien. Lore. Silvan. Scout.
The Nîn-in-Eilph: Halbarad. Leadership. Dúnedain. Ranger.
Celebrimbor's Secret: Galadriel. Spirit. Noldor. Noble.
The Antlered Crown: Gamling. Tactics. Rohan.

I'm fairly confident about Idraen. The artist's page describes her as "a hardened female ranger of the Dunedain." It's possible that she's an ally instead of a hero, though we already know that there are three other allies in this pack (Greyflood Wanderer, one Noldor ally and one Silvan ally), together with multiple cards supporting the Silvan trait and Secrecy.

Since many Silvan cards are Lore, I expect that we'll get a Lore Silvan hero that (unlike Mirlonde) synergizes with Celeborn and Galadriel. We also know, from a Master of Lore interview with the artist of Silver Lamp, that a new card for Haldir is coming. This new card is probably a hero, he's likely Lore, and he's thematically a perfect match for Celeborn and Galadriel. I'm guessing on the scout trait, but it matches Rumil's trait and we know that we'll be getting a unique Title attachment for scouts (almost certainly Spirit, which would fit in a Celeborn/Galadriel/Haldir deck).

The last two heroes are more speculative. The designers have been developing Rohan in Spirit and Tactics. I think it unlikely that we'll get three Spirit heroes in the Ring-maker cycle, and especially not two in immediate succession. I'm guessing that the Rohan hero is Gamling from the quote at the beginning of the preview for The Antlered Crown. He's old, and he commanded the defense of Helm's Deep before Théoden arrived. (There are other possibilities, such as Erkenbrand or maybe even a Tactics version of Eowyn.) The Rohan hero could be Leadership, but is more likely Tactics.

The Ranger hero has a good chance of being Leadership, since the Nîn-in-Eilph preview says: "The Nîn-in-Eilph introduces a new Ranger hero as well as twenty-seven new player cards (three copies each of nine different cards) that focus on knowledgeable guidance and wise leadership." If all of my sphere guesses are correct, that would mean two heroes from every sphere. Halbarad is definitely a guess, though there aren't many unused Tolkien characters that would fit the Ranger trait. Dúnedain, Gondor and perhaps Silvan seem the most likely associated traits. Given where the adventure pack is set and the focus on Gondor last cycle, a Dúnedain hero seems more likely than than a Gondor hero. If I'm right that the Ranger hero is Leadership, it seems unlikely that we would get two Leadership Silvan heroes in the same cycle. I doubt we'll see our third version of Aragorn or Faramir here, or another copy of Elladan, Elrohir, Damrod or Anborn. Mablung is a possibility, or perhaps an FFG creation. Assuming Idraen is a hero, I doubt that we would get another Dúnedain FFG creation in the same cycle. It also makes sense to have a Leadership Dúnedain hero aside from Aragorn, since most Dúnedain cards are Leadership.

Speculating is fun, and in less than a month, we'll have some new cards!

You were right about Idraen and looks like your going to be right about haldir too! I think it's gonna be Mablung instead of Halbarad though. Considering how similar they are however kinda still counts as correct.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS