The Ringmaker Cycle - What We Know

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 Ana

Ana

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:02 AM

So I am ready to speculate. I think Naith Guide and the Tree People represent staple Silvan allies and events we shall see throughout the cycle, just like we had the Records attachments (Book, Map, Scroll and Tome) and the mono-sphere events in the previous one. Thus I believe we will see an Ally of cost 2 in each sphere and an event of cost 0 as well. Further, they will most likely have them two per pack (one for each but there it is getting harder to guess).

Also, since the third pack is supposed to feature no less than six Silvan cards, and Rúmil seem to be fitting there with his number, we might, in addition to the "regular" ally and event, see Haldir as a hero, and his brothers Rúmil and Orophin as allies in different spheres. Additionally, there would still have to be one more Silvan card in the box.

Finally, this is not much but since the trait boosting attachments were announced (and one spoilt already), I think it is not hard to guess that beside Tactics for Warrior, there will be Leadership for Noble, Lore for Ranger and Spirit for Scout.

#22 entMoot

entMoot

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:56 AM

Though the article that revealed Captain of Gondor didn't mention the Healer trait, I hope that there is an attachment for them as well. I'd assume it would also be in Lore, if the attachment exists.

#23 jjeagle

jjeagle

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:30 AM

Though the article that revealed Captain of Gondor didn't mention the Healer trait, I hope that there is an attachment for them as well. I'd assume it would also be in Lore, if the attachment exists.

Healer support is unlikely - there is only one card with the Healer trait! (Warden of Healing)

"I have no help to send, therefore I must go myself."

#24 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:41 AM

Healer support is unlikely - there is only one card with the Healer trait! (Warden of Healing)

True, Skiller healer from black riders gives a hero the healer trait for the rest of the campaign though

#25 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:43 AM

Some of the traits are very capricious and probably oversights.  For example Rivendell Minstrel is not a minstrel, but Gleowine is.

"Finally!" - Nalir the Dwarf

Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#26 danpoage

danpoage

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

Yes, part of me wants an FAQ which addresses these trait oversights:

Elrond and Daughter of the Nimrodel should have the Healer trait
Dain Ironfoot should be Noble
Legolas should be an Archer
Ally Denethor should be a Steward
Rivendell Minstrel should be a Minstrel

Many others which I cannot recall right now

Except Noble, these traits have little effect on the game, so I can see why this would not be a high priority. Still, the theme is so right in so many ways, it makes it more noticeable when there are missing details.

• Bullroarer Took, Olorin93, Sinamil and 1 other like this

Hall of Beorn

The Grey Company

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
—Oscar Wilde

#27 Ana

Ana

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:44 AM

I think Archer was the greatest mistake, I believe it only appears on Horseback Archer? But we have many, but I see no point with the ranged keyword, of course keywords and traits are different things but I find it easy enough to address the ranged.

No, I totally agree with the above, I have actually asked a question to ffg yesterday about Vilya not being an item, though the other artifacts are. And it may play a difference in the future.

It would be great if they could fix it but it will be very hard to do so, because either we have to memorize all that, keep a list beside the board, or ffg release all errata cards -- I would pay handsomely for that.

I hope we get extensively into all race/national traits, including Beorning, Dale, etc.

Then at least to the major occupation (if you like): Warrior, Ranger, Scout, Craftsman (that one is not so random), perhaps even Healer and Minstrel.

Then attachments, mounts is surely getting support, then we've got traps, weapons, armour, artifacts, items, conditions, titles... But already they had been some early mistakes like Master of the Forge fishing any attachment, not just weapon or armour, for instance.

Edited by Ana, 12 April 2014 - 12:46 AM.

#28 CaptainAce

CaptainAce

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:32 AM

Item plays a difference now in the foundations of stone quest stage 3 Washed away requires you to discard Items but not artifacts so Vilya is safe.

#29 ZanzibarLand

ZanzibarLand

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:27 AM

"As it begins The Ring-maker cycle, The Dunland Trap also provides more support for the Mount trait, as well as the Time X and Doomed X mechanics featured in The Voice of Isengard, and players will also discover thematic ties to Saruman and the White Council."

So there's a mount in the first AP too then. You may as well chuck it on the bottom of your list. Although, I have no idea what it could be.

Where was Captain of Gondor mentioned? Could someone link me, please.

Edited by ZanzibarLand, 13 April 2014 - 01:28 AM.

#30 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:01 AM

It's not necessairly a mount. Technically, horse breeder is a mount support, yet not a mount.

• ZanzibarLand likes this

#31 Scroll Lock

Scroll Lock

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:25 AM

I think there will be Mount for attacks to staging area

#32 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:23 AM

I remember the topic Gizlivadi mentions. I wrote back then that i believe we might get a Galadriel hero in Celebrimbors secret, since she was around back then and might have a clue on the ring making (Celebrimbor made the three Elven rings), but it is a guess. After all the names of the two last pack indicate that the heroes will be leading to Ost In Edhil ... Otherwise known as the capital of Eregion, ruled by Galadriel before Celebrimbor :)

Epic call, well done
  • Nickpes likes this

#33 gman707

gman707

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:53 AM

Well looking forward to haldirs brothers turning up. They will fit nicely into my sylvan deck I think.

#34 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:43 AM

Orophin surely. Especially as he seems to be bringing an ally back to your hand from the discard pile. The italics part is a guess only. However, I cannot think of fitting Tactics into a Silvan deck, thus Rúmil will have to join a different (support, perhaps) deck.

Edited by lleimmoen, 08 May 2014 - 03:43 AM.

#35 RayLancer

RayLancer

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

It would be great if they could fix it but it will be very hard to do so, because either we have to memorize all that, keep a list beside the board, or ffg release all errata cards -- I would pay handsomely for that.

I would love something like that. I've been wanting some art update to some kd the older heroes to get them to be more consistent with the new stuff. I can only dream for now...

#36 koriakin97

koriakin97

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:49 PM

On my screen Naith guide looks as number 2

• joezim007 likes this

#37 gman707

gman707

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:18 AM

Orophin surely. Especially as he seems to be bringing an ally back to your hand from the discard pile. The italics part is a guess only. However, I cannot think of fitting Tactics into a Silvan deck, thus Rúmil will have to join a different (support, perhaps) deck.

True actually. My sylvan deck is tactics and lore.
Rumil would probably fit vetter in my grey company deck. Not necessarily thematically but the deck is low on allies really (I could perhaps take some of the dunadain signal cards out.

#38 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:21 AM

I think that Orophin brings your Silvan ally into your hand from play. That's why his cost is only 3 with rougly the same stats of Rumil. 

#39 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:44 PM

I think that Orophin brings your Silvan ally into your hand from play. That's why his cost is only 3 with rougly the same stats of Rumil.

I wouldn't doubt it. It fits the rest of the Silvan synergy.

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#40 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:43 PM

Funny typo: behind Follow me! It says Nissan?

I want to play the Nissan-sphere now! Vroom! Vroom!

Damn auto spelling option eh?
  • Bullroarer Took likes this
"Not all those who wander are lost"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS