Assault vs. shooting.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:51 PM

Good! A distinction between ranged attacks as well as a distinction between flying vs. ground. See...not too hard.

#22 ejacobs

ejacobs

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

I'm happy to see many of the newly revealed rules make a lot of "common sense". It really makes the game seem more intuitive. I'm  really looking forward to this one.

E

#23 Darik

Darik

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

Having the ranged attack step makes it sort of feel like the old Decipher Card Game version of Lord of the Rings where there was an "Archery" step during combat. Sometimes people got shot to death by arrows so they weren't around to deal their combat damage. I suppose in this game that could conceptually mean your "really good in Melee" unit might get shot to death whilst "charging across the battlefield" so they never get to assault. Hey, it's kind of like the minis game after all, LOL!

And I do like the "Flying" mechanic, too. Well done, FFG!

#24 borwol

borwol

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:25 PM

I like ranged attacks and flying mechanic, but there is one thing that I can´t understand. Why after you check your deck for a card you have to put unused cards on the bottom of deck? Its the best way to lose your single cards from signature squad. Why not shuffle in?

#25 Tobogan

Tobogan

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

That's the drawback for looking at your deck. Not even a drawback, since you know which cards are at the bottom and lets you guess your incoming cards.

#26 PBrennan

PBrennan

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

It speeds the game up as well, rather than having to shuffle after each search effect. Distinguishes it from the other LCG's by providing a different feel. Plus it saves wear and tear on your sleeves!

Edited by PBrennan, 27 June 2014 - 06:30 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS