What's Your Favorite Sidearm?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Cavgunner

Cavgunner

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

An ordinary bolt pistol has a credible chance of dropping an Ork- or even a Rak'Gol- where lesser weapons would struggle to do any damage at all. The potential for doing incredible amounts of damage with only one or two hits makes the BP simply fantastic in almost any situation.

Edited by Cavgunner, 19 April 2014 - 11:05 AM.

#42 Erathia

Erathia

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

My players are big fans of the Wrath Ryza-Pattern Plasma Pistol. It can do two Maximal and two normal shots on a standard clip, they will never consider acquiring anything at lest than Best-Quality, and it has the Accurate quality to boot.

I'm partial to Shuriken Pistols, as it has decent penetration for a sidearm, full-auto in case I need to suppress something, and I acquire more ammunition for it by killing Eldar, which is a worthwhile endeavour in itself.

Citizens of Grace! We have defeated both the Dark Eldar and Ork menaces that threatened your system! We need no thanks nor payments, so long as you do not leave the atmosphere during our salvage operations under pain of death! - Jequin Hos of The Hos Dynasty

#43 MorioMortis

MorioMortis

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

Unless facing (very) tough customers or ex-business associates, my Tech-Priest's favourite is a Storm bolter with recoil gloves. What, it can be used one-handed... For anything else, the old-time favourite Inferno Pistol works wonders if you can get close enough, which, when you are a levitating tank bigger (and probably tougher) than a terminator, is not that hard.

The stupid must be bashed upon the head with the Mallet of Wisdom until their heads are inflated with knowledge.

Words to live (and die) by : "I have officially Been out-rogue tradered!  As always, one must always assume that no matter how grand your plan is, it's never enough!" - RogalDorn1

#44 Nameless2all

Nameless2all

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:00 AM

... a Storm bolter with recoil gloves...

The renowned words that make all GM's cringe.  :)

• Alasseo and RogalDorn01 like this

For a collection of fan created material, please refer to the link below. Some of it was edited/created by myself and friends, while most is other fan material. Happy gaming people.https://drive.google.com<p>-"May your endeavors always be prosperous, though they may not always be profitable."

#45 Alasseo

Alasseo

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:45 AM

Could be worse- Micro-Astartes Storm Bolter with Recoil Gloves...

Ah crud. That's going to be a thing now, isn't it? Sorry guys...
  • Nameless2all and RogalDorn01 like this

There is no right, and no wrong, but having the bigger stick makes it so...

#46 Nameless2all

Nameless2all

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:34 AM

***REDACTED ENTRY***

----ORIGINAL FILES RETAIN BY INQUSITOR MANDATE ALPHA253436Y56----

:o  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink: ........  Wow.  Thousands of munchkins over the world just rejoiced at your statement. 

:D

For a collection of fan created material, please refer to the link below. Some of it was edited/created by myself and friends, while most is other fan material. Happy gaming people.https://drive.google.com<p>-"May your endeavors always be prosperous, though they may not always be profitable."

#47 ak-73

ak-73

• Members
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:45 AM

***REDACTED ENTRY***

----ORIGINAL FILES RETAIN BY INQUSITOR MANDATE ALPHA253436Y56----

:o  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink: ........  Wow.  Thousands of munchkins over the world just rejoiced at your statement. 

:D

HERESY1.jpg

• Alasseo, Darth Smeg, Nameless2all and 1 other like this

My 40K Blog (essentially a Best Of FFG Forums):

http://www.40kroleplay.weebly.com

House Rules, Rule Clarifications, Game Aids, New Creatures, consolidated official Deathwatch Squad Mode rules, 40K Tabletop to 40K Roleplay comversions, etc.

#48 BaronIveagh

BaronIveagh

• Members
  • 881 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:53 PM

Dont use pistols much

Foxglove  (Archeotech Crystalline sword with Adamantium Guard and Sacred Blade upgrades, 1d10+8, Pen 10, Balanced, Potent, Indestructible, Power Field, Sanctified and gives +2 armor to that arm)  (This is an Heirloom of the Rogue Trader house, fating back to the Battle of Terra)

Archeotech Boltgun with Grenade Launcher upgrade.

Archeotech laspistol

Daemons are afraid one day I'll get loose in the warp.

#49 WilliamAsher

WilliamAsher

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

Best Twin-linked, Integrated, Customized, Micro-Condemor Boltgun with Vengence Ammo?  Doesn't require a recoil glove, is a pistol.  Full Auto burst that can get 8 hits with two degrees of success.  Don't forget the dual linked Purgatatus Stakegun built in (don't have the stats for that on me), for the anti-psyker win.

25m   S/2/4   1d10+6 X 7    60/Full       Sactified, Tearing, Storm, Twin-linked, MIU scope

For a rifle against tech foes you can use a Best Twin-linked, Integrated, Maglev Impellar Customized Micro-Techxorcist Rifle with Twin-linked underslung Inferno pisols with Pyre-lance Nozzles. While the Techxorcist rounds don't do quite as much damage, getting to roll 8 times on the Haywire chart means that guy in powered armor is down and the Inferno pistol handles most other heavy targets.

25m   S/-/4   1d10+4 E 4     80/2Full       Haywire (1), Shocking (-20 on test for organics), Storm, Twin-linked, MIU Scope

20m   S/-/-    2d10+8 E 13     1/Full       Melta, Twin-linked, MIU Scope

Both are a little rediculous, and only work for someone with a potentia coil.  Our Rogue Trader designed them as personal sidearms for himself.

• RogalDorn01 likes this

#50 MorioMortis

MorioMortis

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

Best Twin-linked, Integrated, Customized, Micro-Condemor Boltgun with Vengence Ammo?  Doesn't require a recoil glove, is a pistol.  Full Auto burst that can get 8 hits with two degrees of success.  Don't forget the dual linked Purgatatus Stakegun built in (don't have the stats for that on me), for the anti-psyker win.

25m   S/2/4   1d10+6 X 7    60/Full       Sactified, Tearing, Storm, Twin-linked, MIU scope

But you lose out on the badass factor of swinging the biggest Basic weapon you can find! How are you going to intimidate anyone with a weird, disproportionate tiny boltgun connected to you? No, the true answer are twin-linked storm bolters (so much for logic), with a pistol grip and a fire-selector and appropriate ammo for any encounter (Tempest, Vengeance and Metal Storm were my preferred arrangement); almost enough dakka to make any Ork proud, it tears through anything that isn't a classified as a Lord of War. Plus, you can add a mono melee attachment just for the cool factor at that point since it's still theoretically a Basic weapon. 

Oh, and to those worried about GM's cringing, I'm usually the GM. My players have learned to fear the words Renegade Tech-Priest and Heretek, because it's just so easy to make them into indestructible combat monsters. Now their preferred sidearms are usually a Nova Cannon bombardement until the planetary crust crumbles at the target location or, if they are feeling tactical, precision lance strikes. But that doesn't leave a recoverable body, and everybody knows what happens if you don't find the body...

• RogalDorn01 likes this

The stupid must be bashed upon the head with the Mallet of Wisdom until their heads are inflated with knowledge.

Words to live (and die) by : "I have officially Been out-rogue tradered!  As always, one must always assume that no matter how grand your plan is, it's never enough!" - RogalDorn1

#51 WilliamAsher

WilliamAsher

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

You do realize that the Micro-Condemor is a Bolt Rifle cut down to pistol, right?  Lol.  Doesn't the Micro modification make it a pistol class weapon?  That would remove the Mono-melee attatchment.  Overall the players encounter enough Yu'vath and Daemonic enemies to prefer Sanctified weapons whenever they can carry them.

My group includes two Hereteks.  The Rogue Trader is an Arch-Heretek with a focus on weapons and keeping his implants discrete.  The Explorator is a Factor of the Lathes with a 50 Fellowship and massive social skills.  He also tends to keep his implants inobvious.  The social fu of the group is almost painful. 

For NPC Hereteks, have you used Imperial Robot bodies with Scaracen Wave generators attatched to the Heretek's brain burried within it?  Gives him lots of room for extra weapons and systems.  Nothing like having dreadnaught class opponents with actual skill and intelligence behind them.

#52 ak-73

ak-73

• Members
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:19 AM

Doesn't the Micro modification make it a pistol class weapon?  That would remove the Mono-melee attatchment.

No, for there is a Micro Mono-Melee attachment attached, basically a mono plastic knife! :lol:

Alex

My 40K Blog (essentially a Best Of FFG Forums):

http://www.40kroleplay.weebly.com

House Rules, Rule Clarifications, Game Aids, New Creatures, consolidated official Deathwatch Squad Mode rules, 40K Tabletop to 40K Roleplay comversions, etc.

#53 RogalDorn01

RogalDorn01

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

It's as though a thousand GM's screamed at once and were suddenly silenced...

I love this thread...

Edited by RogalDorn01, 25 April 2014 - 12:30 PM.

• Alasseo likes this

"And now...witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational invisible doggy fence..."

#54 htsmithium

htsmithium

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

my favorite sidearm is actually a demonically possessed set of crimson crowns.   

Failing that I found the ripper pistol set up to deliver detox ( instead of it's normal toxic effect) just to be hilarious.

ding dong mala mortuus est,

quem veteres strigam

impii strigam

ding dong impiorum strigam mortuus est.

#55 Annaamarth

Annaamarth

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:34 AM

0.o The stuns.  Ye gods.

RIP AND TEAR THROUGH THE TIDE OF BLOOD WITH BATTLESUIT PILOT. SUPLEX HIVE TYRANTS. DO WHATEVER, YOU'RE PILOTING A HUGE-ASS MECHA.

-Errant, on how Rogue Trader ought to be played

#56 Amazing Larry

Amazing Larry

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:32 AM

Micro weapons are pretty much just holdout weapons, if you're using them as anything but self defense weapons in crooked card games or intrigue filled formal dances you're probably rules lawyering. Personally I would rule that by their very nature they can't be combied or given bayonets, they're a last resort for scoundrels.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS