Removal from the force and subsequent bonuses

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AussieJedi

AussieJedi

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:36 AM

I have a unit committed to the force, lets say a Force Wraith  and also have The Imperial Inquisitor out whose card text reads: " Reaction: After an enemy unit is removed from the force by a card effect, remove 1 focus token from this unit."

A card that killed The Force Wraith was played, I think it was Force Lightning, therefore technically removing the Wraith from the force as he is no longer contributing his two Force icons to the struggle in each phase.

My question is that does The Imperial Inquisitor's reaction trigger? OR will it need to be a card played that SPECIFICALLY says remove from the force struggle.

It didnt have an overbearing effect on the game, as it was over in the very next turn, so I didnt resolve the reaction, but it could be important.

Some help would be great.

#2 Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:05 AM

The unit was removed from the Force as a result of being killed. It was an indirect result of playing Force Lightning, not a direct result. So the Reaction ability cannot be used in this instance.

X-Wing:

Spoiler
Netrunner:
Spoiler
Star Wars LCG:
Spoiler

#3 Keffisch

Keffisch

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:24 AM

Agreed,

The key here is "After an enemy unit is removed from the force by a card effect".

It isn't being removed from the force by a card effect, the unit is killed outright, and the Force card is put back into the pile as per the normal rules.

#4 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

Concur. I believe this has to do with actually removing someone from the Force, not the result of something else.

Welcome to the machine!

#5 AussieJedi

AussieJedi

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

The only reason I ask was because the Card effect of Force lightning did actually remove the card via the damage dealt. 

Just trying to think outside the box.

Thanks for the clarification.

#6 TheErthafein

TheErthafein

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

Also, the Inquisitor Specifically states "enemy unit" so the wraith wouldn't work any way.

#7 AussieJedi

AussieJedi

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:43 AM

Good point, thanks.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS