Photo

I have my copy of Shadows of Nerekhall. Questions?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Whitewing

Whitewing

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

I got the expansion but i have a question that i would prefer not to test the answer to...

Does it blend ?

Yes.

#22 amoshias

amoshias

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

Even if the Shadowmancer isn't to your liking, the new Universals are strong. 

Also, the Ironbound, while slow, are really strong at protecting glass cannon monsters.  In Act 1, a normal minion is a whopping 8 hp and has the ability to take a wound to become the new target of an attack for an adjacent monster.  They are also immune to pierce and conditions. 

I know some people have stated that there is a power creep for heroes in SoN, but the Overlord did get some love as well. 

I do agree with you on the Universals. Out of the whole box, they were the thing that I liked most.

Who says there is power creep for the heroes in SoN? Aside from having a really powerful mage character (not class, just the character) I feel like SoN contains less power for the heroes than any of the other sets.

Re Shadowmancer - yes, the 3-point card is really powerful. Taking the most powerful card from the basic deck and applying it to all heroes is good; nobody could argue otherwise. Just like the best item in SoN, which was already printed as the Sun Stone. We know these things are good, because we've seen them before. It's a sign of the laziness of this expansion.

Edited by amoshias, 02 April 2014 - 05:29 PM.

#23 BentoSan

BentoSan

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

I got the expansion but i have a question that i would prefer not to test the answer to...

Does it blend ?

Yes.

Some people have money to burn :P

#24 C2K

C2K

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:09 AM

Re Shadowmancer - yes, the 3-point card is really powerful. Taking the most powerful card from the basic deck and applying it to all heroes is good; nobody could argue otherwise. Just like the best item in SoN, which was already printed as the Sun Stone. We know these things are good, because we've seen them before. It's a sign of the laziness of this expansion.

I don't see laziness in this expansion at all.  If there was laziness, we'd have seen all the Farrow's back, Splig, redundancy in the new creatures, etc.  When it comes to items, sometimes they might step on each other's toes.  There are a lot of items in the game already. 

Considering how this expansion uses predominantly the materials included inside the box, I think this expansion was worked on more thoroughly than the last 2. 

#25 AssassinNite

AssassinNite

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:43 AM

The map tiles are probably my favorite thing about this expansion.

#26 BentoSan

BentoSan

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:59 AM

i havent had the time yet to go much further than look at the new cards and have a peak at the new tiles. but one thing i noticed is that some of the joiner tiles that go from one tileset to another have their weird green things, are they supposed to be portals ?  does that fit into the story line of the quests that use them ?

Edited by BentoSan, 03 April 2014 - 01:59 AM.

#27 C2K

C2K

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:28 AM

i havent had the time yet to go much further than look at the new cards and have a peak at the new tiles. but one thing i noticed is that some of the joiner tiles that go from one tileset to another have their weird green things, are they supposed to be portals ?  does that fit into the story line of the quests that use them ?

Yes.  Don't forget that not only does this campaign take place in Nerekhall, but in the Black Realm as well, which is the home of the Ynfernaels. 

• BentoSan likes this

#28 PierreBoberg

PierreBoberg

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:59 AM

I did get my copy last week, but I have one thought if you want to use the roumer cards from Lair of Wyrm and Trollfens the Travel step will not work because you have new travel cards to Nerekhall that is not the same symbols.

#29 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:29 AM

posted this question to FFG already, but i've got no answer yet

#30 BentoSan

BentoSan

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:30 AM

Obviously your traveling out of the city and thus you use the original travel cards to resolve those steps.

#31 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

yeah, but rules forgot this point

#32 BentoSan

BentoSan

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

then let common sense prevail, its blatantly obvious what their ruling is going to be

Edited by BentoSan, 07 April 2014 - 11:05 AM.

#33 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

in the first time, I thought that rumors card could be playable, so "common sense" is not so obvious

#34 PierreBoberg

PierreBoberg

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:44 AM

I was thinking the same to use the old travelcard, but it´s good to know if it´s right :-)

#35 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:02 AM

answer yesterday : yes, for rumors card, use the "normal" travel cards

#36 BentoSan

BentoSan

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

I guess this means that with every mini expansion that uses city travel cards they are going to have to supply a fair few of these cards or players will be drawing from a measly sized deck if they do not own a city expansion.

#37 Opcubby

Opcubby

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

quick question, in ACT 1 Rylan O. is controlled by the heroes a lot.  Do they use his lieutenant card for stats or does he just not have attack or defense options?

#38 Carbini

Carbini

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

Mines coming in on Thursday. Hearing the "no Splig" remarks will make my GF very happy... she hates that fat little bugger...

#39 Whitewing

Whitewing

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

quick question, in ACT 1 Rylan O. is controlled by the heroes a lot.  Do they use his lieutenant card for stats or does he just not have attack or defense options?

They use his lieutenant card.

#40 Opcubby

Opcubby

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

As the OL this time around that sucks, but thanks for the reply

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS