Monster Bags

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DarkRaven47

DarkRaven47

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

Another question from me! Thanks to all the help people have been giving. I had mentioned to my girlfriend that I was planning on buying a monster bag and she surprised me with buying everything she needs to make one. She asked if there was more than one needed for any expansions we might buy and I think I remember reading that Black Goat in the Woods requires its own monster bag. Is that correct? And are there any other expansions that require their own monster bag?

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,236 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

A gentle heart and a lovely idea, sounds like she's a keeper! :)

BGotW requires a separate monster bag only in case you play with the Herald (requiring to separate Hex monsters from the other ones). No other AOs / Heralds require monsters to be drawn from a separate bag. Some AOs requires some monsters (Spawn monsters) to be placed on their sheet and then drawn at random from there (Abhoth, Glaaki), so I guess that a small additional bag could come in handy if you want to play an Abhoth game where the BGotW is the Herald. But you can draw them at random from the sheet, there only a few of them.

If we look at the variant, I do not use a gate stack, but a gate bag: I always have Lurker and normal gates mixed in, and the bag hinders me from looking at the back of the gate token and know in advance which expansion belongs the next gate to enter play. Additionally, having a gate bag randomizing the gates forces you to think carefully on the trophies you spend to get benefits: spending a -4 double gate could be dangerous if you have the risk of drawing it again (so, aye, I actually have three bags, one for monsters, one for the BGotW special cup and one for the gates)

Edited by Julia, 29 March 2014 - 11:01 AM.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 DarkRaven47

DarkRaven47

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

I never thought about using a bag for gates. That's a wonderful idea. She bought enough material to make 3-4 bags so she said she'll make 3 of them. :)

#4 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,236 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

:) post pictures when she's done, we all kinda love knowing how friends over the forum customize their Arkham collection :)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#5 DarkRaven47

DarkRaven47

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

We want to put an Elder Sign on the bag but am having trouble finding one. The bags are going to be black so we prefer the Elder Sign to be red (just a personal preference). I looked on google and can't find one in red that I really like. There are some in black that I've tried colouring in red on Paint, but I'm not overly competent at editing things like that. The fill option isn't working well. Is there anywhere you know where I can get pictures of Elder Signs or an easy way to edit them?

#6 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,236 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:26 AM

As for editing: Tibs was a former professional in the sector! Maybe he can give you some tips on how to do that? I'm not overly competent with Photoshop or similar either, so can't be much of a help here

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS