Non-Limited

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cormdragon

Cormdragon

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:49 AM

Hey guys, first time poster here. I have a quesion... I did a search but could not find anything concrete. Apologies if I missed it!

I want to play a "Frozen Solid" Attachment on my opponent's "Bodyguard" attatchment. My opponent is telling me that I can't do this as the bodyguard has text that reads "Limit one per character" and my "Frozen Solid" card says it can only be played on "Non LImited" attachments or locations. I think that it is only refering to the "LImited" word on certain cards such as ".... Fiefdoms" etc.

Can I play my "Frozen Solid" card on their "Bodyguard"?

Edited by Cormdragon, 29 March 2014 - 02:49 AM.

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:38 AM

Welcome.

"Non-Limited" means "cards without the limited keyword." Bodyguard does not have the Limited keyword, so it is fair game for Frozen Solid.

Because "limited" has a specific definition under the rules (ie, the keyword), "non-limited" has to mean "a card that does not meet the definition under the rules" rather than "a card that does not use the word 'limited' in its text." That would be similar to saying you can put Bodyguard on Lady the dire wolf because of her name, even though she does not have the "Lady" trait. The text "limit one per character" on Bodyguard is a play restriction. It does not make the card "Limited" as defined by the rules (ie, you can only play one Limited card per round).
  • Cormdragon likes this

#3 Cormdragon

Cormdragon

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

you have my thanks

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS