• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 privateer5

privateer5

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

Hi all
This may be a simple and silly question but can the LS play cards on the DS first turn best example I can think of is swindled

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

Yes. But LS skips the refresh step on their first turn so would not get that resource back for their turn.

#3 The Janitor

The Janitor

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

Yes. But LS skips the refresh step on their first turn so would not get that resource back for their turn.

Not 100% accurate. You only skip the 'Remove focus tokens' step, not the entire Refresh phase. So if you happen to have Mobilize the Squadrons in play, you could still trigger it's response to remove a focus token after you refresh.

The Janitor

Edited by The Janitor, 28 March 2014 - 09:07 PM.

#4 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:22 AM

Correct. There are times you may want to do this.

Welcome to the machine!

#5 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:23 AM

Not 100% accurate. You only skip the 'Remove focus tokens' step, not the entire Refresh phase. So if you happen to have Mobilize the Squadrons in play, you could still trigger it's response to remove a focus token after you refresh.
The Janitor

Right. Note I did not say phase. Only step.

#6 KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:52 AM

Correct. There are times you may want to do this.

The main reason I've seen to do this is to either keep the force (swindled/jedi-mind-trick) or to get more options for cards in your hand. Since you'll still draw to your reserve if you swindle and you could then discard a card and have cycled 8 cards in your deck on the first turn (as opposed to seven). Also 2x Mobilize the Squadrons and a first turn rebel assault can be a real fun trick.

#7 The Janitor

The Janitor

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

The Janitor

Right. Note I did not say phase. Only step.

Sorry, when you called it the 'Refresh Step' I thought you were referring to the entire phase. I probably should have looked at who was posting, and seen that I simply needed to clarify, not correct.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS