rebel swarm

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 thestggrwng

thestggrwng

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

I ran rebel swarm at worlds `13 and made it to top 8. Since then I have seen 5 ship rebel builds crop up a lot. Interestingly few are running my build of YYXXB. I wanted to hear why you go with your particular configuration of ships? When fighting it what ship configuration scares you more? I ran mine in the following formation right at enemy ships.

Y. Y
X. X
B
Interested to see the thought process.

#2 Danthrax

Danthrax

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

I haven't tried a five-ship Rebel build yet. Most I've done is four.

How did you stack ships three deep to begin? Did you actually start like this...

.. Y Y

B X X

...and then swing the B-Wing left to form up behind the X-Wings? (In this example, the B-Wing is facing the X-Wings.)

Edited by Danthrax, 27 March 2014 - 01:55 PM.

#3 thestggrwng

thestggrwng

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

Yep but a little higher. The b would two turn in behind and between the xs. Three the deep is great for countering k turns

#4 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

BBBAA and AAAA+yt are cropping up a lot, so the rebel swarm practice is beginning. Once wave 4 hits rebel swarms will be ubiquitous.
  • MajorJuggler likes this

#5 Bohrdumb

Bohrdumb

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

BBBAA and AAAA+yt are cropping up a lot, so the rebel swarm practice is beginning. Once wave 4 hits rebel swarms will be ubiquitous.

I think you'll see a lot of swarm players, play rebels. As opposed to rebel players, playing swarms. If that makes sense.

5 X, 3 B, 2 A, 2 Y, 1 Hwk, 2 Es, 2 Zs

6 TIE, 2 TIE B. 2 Ints, 1 Adv, 1 Defender, 2 Phantoms

#6 LukesFather

LukesFather

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

I ran a yybxx vs some ints the other day.  I lost I think a ship, ran the Ys as blockers, the B flanked to the side of them, the Xs were more in the back to catch the flanking INTs.  The Xs took more fire then I wanted, but I was able to Kturn behind them and then chase them into the Bs range and Ys had turned by then.  I like that set up.  But you can get an A in for 99 points, and that might be worth it.

Rebels -  3 A wing - 5 B wing - 2 E wing - 2 HWK - - 5 Xwing - 2 YT-1300 - 2 Y wing - 3 Z95
Imperials - 6 Tie/F - 1 Adv/T - 2 Firespray - 3 Tie/I - 1 Aces - 2 Lambda - 3 TIE/B - 2 Tie/P - 2 Tie/D

EPIC - GR-75

Custom - 1 YV-545 (yt1300 conversion)

#7 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

MathWinger

• Members
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

There will be so many options!

BXXZZZ

BBBAA (+4 more points to spend now)

BBBBZ

7xZ + A

Lt. Blount w/ Assault Missiles + 6x PS4 Z-95's

ZZZ + 64 point SuperHan (Han + PtL + MF + C3P0 + Luke + Engine Upgrade)

... and a whole lot more. Having extremely cost effective 12, 13, and 15 point ships to use as filler is going to make for a TON of new great combinations.

#8 thestggrwng

thestggrwng

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

The concern I have with the z is the k turn in my list. I like the idea of zzzxxb but if my zs are in front of the x they can't k turn on the same turn behind the enemy. My blockers flip behind leaving their entire squad to murder my heavy hitters.

#9 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

MathWinger

• Members
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

The concern I have with the z is the k turn in my list. I like the idea of zzzxxb but if my zs are in front of the x they can't k turn on the same turn behind the enemy. My blockers flip behind leaving their entire squad to murder my heavy hitters.

Without any sort of synergy, you might see the Thatch Weave become popular for rebel builds. It will make turning in easier if you can get both flanks to hit at the right time on the first pass.

• thestggrwng likes this

#10 Engine25

Engine25

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

Without any sort of synergy, you might see the Thatch Weave become popular for rebel builds. It will make turning in easier if you can get both flanks to hit at the right time on the first pass.

I agree with the thatch approach. Then, after a K-turn, your ships will be relatively aligned, and then will separate again after another K-turn
Just another stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf-Herder bidding you, Fly Casual.

#11 KILODEN

KILODEN

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

i think running rebel swarms would put me to sleep zzzzz..........

get it? z for z95? get it?

Hey sarcasm is my thing, sorry if I offend anyone. (Reported) Hey I said I was Sorry (Reported) Really? (Reported) Come on I was apologizing. (Reported) Man you just can't make some people happy can you? (Reported)

#12 PS10

PS10

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:38 AM

I am running the AABBX.
I do not fly formation from the get go. My set up is this, were my X can be on either side depending on asteroids or opponents deployment.
A............B.B.......A.X.

The x starts preferably on the side not facing opposition. If it does it flies into formation with the B's.
The A facing the force maneuvers into position to attempt a block when the BBX strike. The other A boosts around setting himself up for a follow-up block next round.
Then mayhem breaks out. Very little actions lots of bumping and I am at a ship advantage.

This build dies to advanced sensors... so that sucks.

Arvel Crynyd - "AAAAaaaahHHHH!"

Green Squadron

#13 AlexW

AlexW

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:13 AM

I think you'll see a lot of swarm players, play rebels. As opposed to rebel players, playing swarms. If that makes sense.

I think that's an interesting observation. I wonder if there's a comparison to be made with people who like to play the most maneuverable lists playing interceptors right now as there's no competitive version on the rebel side.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS